Racist Schools

AuthorMessage
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
December 10th, 2005 at 01:33am
I'm not sure if this is a copy of some sort, but like it or not, some schools like mine are what I'd call "racial" schools, since we BARELY have any asian, african-american (Don't wanna offend any AA people) no mexicans, just...mostly of white people or hispanics. And this has reached to a conclusion in my point of view, I think they they won't allow them in because of the "violence" they've havoced over the years with gang members and ballers and gunshots and so forth. I'm not sure why it's an all-white school, but this school is like..one of the good schools in the U.S. and they don't even allow barely any other races
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 10th, 2005 at 02:04am
They're hardly any white people in our school. Mostly hispanics and hispanics and more hispanics.
So I dont know....But some kids do make fun of the white kids.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 10th, 2005 at 12:21pm
I think it's unfair to label something ''racial'' you have to look at what area you live in, if you live in a largely white populated town then obviously your school with be white dominated.

Where as if you live in a black dominated town, it's going to have the opposite effect.

My school is 99 percent white populated but it's not because it's racial, but Plymouth in general is a very white british city.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
December 10th, 2005 at 12:34pm
my school's like that too. well, this district i should say. because there's only about 35-40 kids at my school in general. we've never even had martin luther king jr day off until this year because they said there weren't enough africian americans in our schools. how fucked up is that? who cares if there are 10 or 100 african americans there. it's about equality for everyone, not just for african americans.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 10th, 2005 at 01:07pm
My school is probably 99.9% white Christians. Its not anything to do with racism, but you don;t get very many Catholics from the Middle East, do you?. The town population where I live is probably, I would estimate, around 60% British and the rest people of other races.
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
December 10th, 2005 at 04:59pm
My school's actually 100% white, but that's just because there are no non-white people living here. Or hardly any anyway.
GreenDayFan1990
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GreenDayFan1990
December 11th, 2005 at 02:58pm
My school is pretty racist from the conversations I've heard people having. We only have like...2 black people here and a few Asians. That's about it, and the rest of the school is white.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
December 12th, 2005 at 04:11pm
same at our school we only have like 3 african american kids ..... although it could be the area
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
December 12th, 2005 at 04:19pm
Our school had like, what, 2 or 3 black people, and about 5 or 6 Muslims. The rest are white poeple and we are almost 1,000 poeple in out school. I can't say that we are racist because I have heard no talk of it, let alone roumers. Our school is in a place populated with a fairly big ammount of black people, so that might raise (or rase I can't think arghhhh!! Evil or Very Mad ) a question or two. I hope I don't go to a racist school... Confused
Emily-Jane.
Jackass
Emily-Jane.
December 14th, 2005 at 11:35pm
our skool has quite a couple of asians and a few blak ppl and itz very racist
Robin Sparkles
This Board Is My Home
Robin Sparkles

Mibba Blog
December 17th, 2005 at 08:20am
Our school has 50% each so I don't know...
redc
Jackass
redc
December 17th, 2005 at 07:13pm
A lot of it depends on the area/school district/neighbourhood you live in. My 'regular' high-school was in a very W.A.S.P. neighbourhood - therefore the majority of students were white, we had very few 'visible' minorities. I only lasted there for three years then moved on...

At my 'alternative' high-school it was all white kids, but we were all street kids or on student welfare, a bunch of punks really - it rocked, we had no issues of race because most of our lessons were based on compassion, respect and understanding...racism was not tolerated there...most of the teachers were hippies, very cool and very open minded to our craziness and dramas.
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
December 18th, 2005 at 07:30pm
NeoSteph:
I think it's unfair to label something ''racial'' you have to look at what area you live in, if you live in a largely white populated town then obviously your school with be white dominated.

Where as if you live in a black dominated town, it's going to have the opposite effect.

My school is 99 percent white populated but it's not because it's racial, but Plymouth in general is a very white british city.
Agreed. It's the same for my school & the other schools around me.
WildSong
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WildSong
December 21st, 2005 at 03:24am
My school is very spread. Last year I was in class with only 5 non caucasians, and this year there were only 4 caucasians. A school isn't racist unless they are discriminating agaist people of a different race. Just because there aren't that many different cultures at your school doesn't mean it's rasist.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:55pm
Oh My God I Killed Kenny!:
Our school has 50% each so I don't know...

50% each? There is WAY more than jsut to different races, so how can you have 50% each? Either your math is off or you ened to learn about other cultures.

I think alot of it is not that the school is "racist", it's all in the are that you live in. What are they going to do? Kidnap people of other nationalities so that their studetns get lots of cultural exposure? Thats not legal....

I think there is a lack of education in schools about different nationalities and their customs and ancestry, and I think that is partically to blame for some racist views. If you are exposed to different ethnic groups, it's alot eaiser to ignore them later on in life and judge them as inferior. People have a bad tendency to hate what they don't know, and that just gives the unknown the short end of the stick.
Joke Me Something Awful
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joke Me Something Awful
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:09pm
My school is SO racist.
It's a small country town. So I guess they haven't had much interaction with other races. I'm from California, and at my old school, it was very racially diverse. But at my school now, almost everyone is racist. There is one African American, no Asians, and one Hispanic. The rest is made up of Native Americans and Caucasians.

I try and defend other races as much as I can. But it's like 45 against two. So I just shut my mouth, because they will never learn.
Band Geek
Geek
Band Geek
June 2nd, 2006 at 07:36pm
My school isn't racial at all. For example, about half of my form class would be from the Pacific Islands, a few Maori, and everyone gets along with everyone, sorta cheesy as it sounds...
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 3rd, 2006 at 01:59am
My school [again] is joke racist. :/ No excuse, really. They joke around but they dont mean it. If someone came along and really ment it. They'd get their ass kicked. o-o
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 3rd, 2006 at 11:54am
my kids schools have people of differant races and they all seem to get on ok, apart from the odd tosser. (on both sides)
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2006 at 12:52pm
My school is about 50% white and the rest are black etc but our Headmaster tries to make everyone equal but some people still do make racist comments.But sometimes people are brought up in racist families so it doesn't really help.But it's wrong
Register