Tab sites being cracked down

AuthorMessage
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
December 19th, 2005 at 06:55am
So if people want to be able to sing along to a song they're not allowed to look up lyrics? How wrong is that? If you go to a gig and you only know what you think are the words then the band are gonna be a bit like 'oh, none of them know the words...'
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 19th, 2005 at 11:44am
Flaming Phalanges!:
So if people want to be able to sing along to a song they're not allowed to look up lyrics? How wrong is that? If you go to a gig and you only know what you think are the words then the band are gonna be a bit like 'oh, none of them know the words...'

soon we'll be sued for singing along aswell.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 19th, 2005 at 11:45am
Dom:
Flaming Phalanges!:

LMFAO

Well. Probably, it wouldn't be a surprised if all music is banned and burned in a few years O_o
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 19th, 2005 at 12:44pm
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Dom:
Flaming Phalanges!:

LMFAO

Well. Probably, it wouldn't be a surprised if all music is banned and burned in a few years O_o

we'll get sued for playing our music too loud incase somebody overhears it and is listening to the song without paying! Surprised. and for getting a song stuck in our head.
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
Idiot
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
December 19th, 2005 at 02:18pm
Don't worry guys, a to z tabs is still up and running. is this why i can't get tabs off the main page? when I login the tool bar on the side where it lists icons, wallpapers, lyrics, and other stuff, "Tabs" has a line through it and i can't click it. oh shit. I'm going to have a hard time learning on my guitar.

Jesus, I can picture it now, I'm sitting in my bedroom playing brain stew on my guitar and singing along. All of a sudden men in black suits and guns bust down the door and throw a grenade at my guitar and haul to down to jail. I also don't see how this is stealing. It's not like everyone of us who gets the tabs is going to record an album using those songs and make filthy unfathomable amounts of cash off of it. What the fuck has the world come to?!?
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
December 19th, 2005 at 02:59pm
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx:
Don't worry guys, a to z tabs is still up and running. is this why i can't get tabs off the main page? when I login the tool bar on the side where it lists icons, wallpapers, lyrics, and other stuff, "Tabs" has a line through it and i can't click it. oh shit. I'm going to have a hard time learning on my guitar.

Jesus, I can picture it now, I'm sitting in my bedroom playing brain stew on my guitar and singing along. All of a sudden men in black suits and guns bust down the door and throw a grenade at my guitar and haul to down to jail. I also don't see how this is stealing. It's not like everyone of us who gets the tabs is going to record an album using those songs and make filthy unfathomable amounts of cash off of it. What the fuck has the world come to?!?
lyrics aren't tabs you retards, lyrics aren't being cracked down

they're suing for actual GUITAR, BASS, DRUM, KEYBOARD, AND POWER tabs

so you wannabe Avril Lavignes still have your lyrics....as you can tell everything about this pisses me off
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
Idiot
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
December 19th, 2005 at 03:01pm
spill_no_sick:
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx:

so you wannabe Avril Lavignes still have your lyrics....as you can tell everything about this pisses me off

*Backs away slowly.....*

mommy...
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 20th, 2005 at 08:21am
Dom:
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Dom:
Flaming Phalanges!:

LMFAO

we'll get sued for playing our music too loud incase somebody overhears it and is listening to the song without paying! Surprised. and for getting a song stuck in our head.
Surprised That's a scary though. Wouldn't it be great if the first thing Billie said on a cancert was "Sorry dudes, we have to play behind giant walls in case someone would see how I play Amercan Idiot live".

x_x I'm not amused.At all.
Franny.
Franny.
December 20th, 2005 at 04:30pm
^^^lmfao nah he wouldn't do that. i don't think it's the artists that's trying to get the tabs down, it's their record companies (those bastards)

but i laughed at the not being able to see how he plays thing cuz eddie van halen used to turn his back to the crowd when he played something insane so no one would copy him =P
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
December 21st, 2005 at 05:24am
GreenDay420:
^^^lmfao nah he wouldn't do that. i don't think it's the artists that's trying to get the tabs down, it's their record companies (those bastards)

but i laughed at the not being able to see how he plays thing cuz eddie van halen used to turn his back to the crowd when he played something insane so no one would copy him =P

Really? I would so do that with all my non-existant amazing riff's.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 21st, 2005 at 11:52am
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Dom:
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Dom:
Flaming Phalanges!:

LMFAO

Surprised That's a scary though. Wouldn't it be great if the first thing Billie said on a cancert was "Sorry dudes, we have to play behind giant walls in case someone would see how I play Amercan Idiot live".

x_x I'm not amused.At all.
Or there were mobile screens covering their instruments so you just see these heads walking round the stage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 21st, 2005 at 11:53am
spill_no_sick:
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx:

NO, lyric sites are being shut down aswell im sorry to say.
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
Idiot
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
December 21st, 2005 at 06:23pm
Dom:
spill_no_sick:
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx:

NO, lyric sites are being shut down aswell im sorry to say.

oh......shit.

*rushes to lyric sites*
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 27th, 2005 at 12:22am
spill_no_sick:
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx:

wrong.
lyrics ARE being cracked down.
many lyrics sites are shut down becuase of this as well.
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
December 27th, 2005 at 12:48am
i think its the stupidest thing ever...i mean...the tabs people have submitted aren't the offical ones, unless someone has taken it straight from a book or whatever..but still..a majority of the tabs are just peoples guesses at what the guitar, bass, drum, keyboard, whatever instruments part is..

i figured out this whole MPA cracking down on tabs sites and shit when i was in midi class last week...i got so pissed off cause i needed to find a drum tab to make a new song..

at least i have a ton of tabs printed out that i never took time to learn..

anyways... here are some sites about this shit

http://infowars.com/articles/ps/go_to_jail_for_sharing_song_lyrics.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 27th, 2005 at 12:51am
you guys think it sucks?
what about those of us who are in danger of being sued for having these sites?
(luckily mine is small)
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
December 27th, 2005 at 04:31am
Tabaloruim.com is still up.
and
911tabs.com
Ultimate-guitar.com

Yeah O_O
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 27th, 2005 at 04:35am
a lot of sites are still up. but they are starting to crack down.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 27th, 2005 at 12:01pm
i think we should start a rebel tab alliance! So if someone cant find a tab online, they can request it on here or something, and someone can send it them.
Kitti
Kitti
December 27th, 2005 at 11:59pm
what are tabs but an expression of the physical means to produce a note?
who owns the rights to notes?
"the industry" isn't really going to stop me from learning the songs one way or another. just like there is no real way to stop me from downloading music. I'd really rather write my own music than play the music other people write, but it's a good learning tool, both as a composer and a musician.

i say relax, though. because the generation this most affects is the one which wont stand for it because of the value we are placing on music as a result of its sheer availability. To cut us off from that is actually costing artists more money than letting us do our musical thing. Because honestly, if i cant find it on the internet, the odds of me actually buying an album are slim to none. i dont know about anyone else...eventually, for the sake of the integrity of the music, artists are going to say that enough is enough and it will end. i hope.

obviously this bothers me. i am by no means surrendering to this bull. i just have a little faith in the people we look up to as musicians to recognize the problem, because ultimately, they are the ones with a small amount of input in the matter.
Register