Tab sites being cracked down

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
December 28th, 2005 at 07:27am
paradoxical:
what are tabs but an expression of the physical means to produce a note?
who owns the rights to notes?
"the industry" isn't really going to stop me from learning the songs one way or another. just like there is no real way to stop me from downloading music. I'd really rather write my own music than play the music other people write, but it's a good learning tool, both as a composer and a musician.

i say relax, though. because the generation this most affects is the one which wont stand for it because of the value we are placing on music as a result of its sheer availability. To cut us off from that is actually costing artists more money than letting us do our musical thing. Because honestly, if i cant find it on the internet, the odds of me actually buying an album are slim to none. i dont know about anyone else...eventually, for the sake of the integrity of the music, artists are going to say that enough is enough and it will end. i hope.

obviously this bothers me. i am by no means surrendering to this bull. i just have a little faith in the people we look up to as musicians to recognize the problem, because ultimately, they are the ones with a small amount of input in the matter.

me and my mate have an idea to put loads of tabs up on this organisations headquarters (i forget which organisation it is), as a form of protest.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
January 2nd, 2006 at 05:53pm
Dom:
i think we should start a rebel tab alliance! So if someone cant find a tab online, they can request it on here or something, and someone can send it them.
Dujo could get sued... maybe put to jail if we put stuff on here...
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
January 2nd, 2006 at 05:55pm
Gustav! At The Disco.:
Tabaloruim.com is still up.
and
911tabs.com
Ultimate-guitar.com

Yeah O_O

Ultamate-Guitar is being cracked down I guess... everytime I go on there it freezes up before the tabs are loaded
shadowavenger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
shadowavenger
January 2nd, 2006 at 06:14pm
Has anyone heard any artists commenting on it?

What annoys me is that the MPA claims money is being lost over this and people should be buying official tab books. I would happily buy Green Day bass tab books - if they existed. There are hundreds of books of guitar tab, but they still don't cover every song ever released and if they're not official they may still be inaccurate. Bass (and from what I've seen, drum) tab is much harder to come by in book form.

Perhaps we should all write to the MPA requesting which tab books we want, and maybe they'll publish some of the ones people want that don't already exist. We get our tab, they get their money, and everyone's happy. And for those who can't afford the books (and I know music books are bloody expensive), there's always the photocopier.
mike27562756
Geek
mike27562756
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:16pm
Try www.guitarmasta.net it works for me and it has good tabs.
mike27562756
Geek
mike27562756
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:23pm
This whole thing is shit.
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
January 3rd, 2006 at 09:38pm
Tell me about it. I was a contributing member of MxTabs
mike27562756
Geek
mike27562756
January 4th, 2006 at 12:37am
do you use guitar masta?
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
January 4th, 2006 at 02:04am
I didn't hear about this.
Oh well.
Zoe;;
Jackass
Zoe;;
January 4th, 2006 at 09:48am
Same a lot of sites i used to go on have dissappered
Dom
Jackass
Dom
January 4th, 2006 at 05:29pm
just so you all know..

ULTIMATE GUITAR IS NOT SHUTTING DOWN...

...it has, and has always had a licence for posting tabs as it pays royalties to the artists..

...and it's still free, so woo.
State Radio
State Radio
January 4th, 2006 at 08:07pm
mike27562756:
do you use guitar masta?

nooo
I do them the long way using Microsoft word
bass_may4_32110
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bass_may4_32110
January 15th, 2006 at 09:03pm
uh oh i hope they dont get bass tab archives
bass_may4_32110
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bass_may4_32110
January 15th, 2006 at 09:04pm
uh oh i hope they dont get bass tab archives
State Radio
State Radio
January 16th, 2006 at 10:11am
They got them all
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
January 16th, 2006 at 10:17am
Those greedy bastards...someone needs to stop this, it depends on future generations, and without tabs on the net..then how the fuck are we supposed to play songs!?

I know I've only heard of this the first time, but this is absolute BULLSHIT. I swear to God the MPA needs to be shot down. This is a free country goddamnit..wellm if you're in the U.S, of course. But I just can't take this bullshit. Do they think that we're rich snobs and just get 'em off of eBay of something!? Someone really needs to slap the fuck out of them.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
January 17th, 2006 at 01:18am
www.ultimate-guitar.com
www.guitartabs.cc/
www.guitaretab.com/
www.olga.net/
www.fretplay.com/
www.metallicatablature.com/
www.guitartabs.com/

Their are plenty of tab sites left...you just have to look.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 17th, 2006 at 01:34am
GreenDayFan1990:
Anyone else heard about this? I forget the link, but it's like illegal now to post tabs without gettign legal permission from the bands for a specefic site. Same with lyrics

Well, I'm the one to fight for the right of musicians and record companies in the front line, but I think tabs are mostly what people pick up by themselves, so I don't think that's needs the persimmion. Lyrics should probably be just cited. But most sites don't cite anything, so I'm not too happy about it.
I don't know, I think if that's true and it becomes illegal - I won't be too unhappy about it. Enough shit is stolen from artists.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 17th, 2006 at 08:40am
damnit. Can't we have anything???
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
February 3rd, 2006 at 08:50pm
it's retarded
Register