Does "Live Freaky Die Freaky" mock murders?

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 28th, 2005 at 11:30am
Well, Bloodraine, I'm totally with you on that. But this is still not quite the Death Penalty thread, you know...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 12:01pm
Faith:
Well, Bloodraine, I'm totally with you on that. But this is still not quite the Death Penalty thread, you know...

I did say that before.

Bloodraine:
But if you want to discuss the acceptability of murder, we can do it in another thread.

I've gone past expecting people to listen to me though Very Happy
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
December 28th, 2005 at 02:17pm
Bloodraine:
Live Freaky Die Freaky should never have been made. It is sickening and bad taste in the extreme.

i agree. it was a big mistake, and chances are, they will pay for it. Not that they deserve what could be coming, but, they shouldn't have done this movie. its sick, and not funny to make fun of a serial killer...he wont hold back just because they're in green day.
steady riot.
steady riot.
December 28th, 2005 at 02:21pm
*meggy72*wants2bminority:
this is kinda scary and all... i never knew exactly what the movie was about... at first i thought, 'Hey cool, Green Day's in a movie!' but now that i know what the movie's about, well, i dont even think its funny making fun of all those deaths!!!!

and second, if Manson gets out, it'd be stupid for him to kill those celebreties, even if it was wrong of them to make a movie off of what happened ... and it would be hard for him to get to the celebrities anyways... Rolling Eyes

well, he is capable of anything, that man. he is sick, and he will do what ever it takes to take someone down. But i was the same way with the movie, at firt i was "oh sick! green days in a movie, can't wait to see it" then i learned what it was about, now, im completly against it.
Vanity and Death
Vanity and Death
December 28th, 2005 at 03:13pm
Bloodraine:
she is synthetic.:
Bloodraine:
If the answer is 'Yes', then what makes you and Charlie any different from eachother?. You would both be responsible for murders then.
Yeah, but I didn't convince followers into murdering innocent people and celebrities. That's the difference between me and him. He has been convicted of being the mastermind behind the many murders. He is not innocent; he has already done his multiple and sickening crimes and what reason does he have left to live? I am mainly one who does not care for the death penalty in general, but in this case, I see no reason for him to continue in even the basic necessity of breathing.

I must admit I have little knowledge as to who authorises and controlls the Death Penalty. Lets say a Judge is the person doing the condemning. If you were a high court Judge (I don't know what they call 'em in other countries) you would, essentially, be ordering your 'followers' (In this case a trained and qualified executioner) to administer the lethal injection/hang Manson. To murder Him.

On the subject of the Death Penalty, I franky don't give a damn about what Manson did and who he did it to. What gives you the supreme right?. What makes you any fucking better than him?. Why do you assume you have the right to end his life?. Who made you God?.

You and Charlie both came into the world the same way, you are both human beings, you are both equals. Nobody, and I mean nobody on this earth should have the authority or power to decide who lives or who dies. It is out of our hands. Manson may not deserve to walk free but he certainly does not deserve death. Nobody does.

I'm sorry if i'm being offensive but this one subject I am very passionate about. Ever since my parents explained to me as a small child what 'Death Row' was, it sickened me. I don't think I could ever, ever bring myself to be in favor of the Death Penalty.
Bring that to the federal government. You haven't changed my opinion in any way. You don't seem to realize that I am normaly not one for the death penalty either. I don't enjoy telling people they must die. For example, when the media went on and on about Tookie Williams, people wanted to get him a pardon. As you may now, Tookie started the Crips and killed four innocent people by putting a shotgun to their head. And not only that, but he went around bragged about it. Bragged about shooting off some homosapien's head. While in prison he wrote some childrens' books such as Life in Prison. Protestors gathered trying to persuade the Governor to give Tookie a pardon. A good act of deeds can't condemn a man for a lifetime of evil. It just doesn't work that way. Besides, I don't even think Manson got the death penalty, but something like 300 years in jail or something of the sort. I know because my father and I were talking about this just the other day when they mentioned Manson on the radio. I'm not sure if that made any sense to you but oh well.

Oh, and God made Manson God.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 03:34pm
she is synthetic.:
Bring that to the federal government. You haven't changed my opinion in any way. You don't seem to realize that I am normaly not one for the death penalty either. I don't enjoy telling people they must die. For example, when the media went on and on about Tookie Williams, people wanted to get him a pardon. As you may now, Tookie started the Crips and killed four innocent people by putting a shotgun to their head. And not only that, but he went around bragged about it. Bragged about shooting off some homosapien's head. While in prison he wrote some childrens' books such as Life in Prison. Protestors gathered trying to persuade the Governor to give Tookie a pardon. A good act of deeds can't condemn a man for a lifetime of evil. It just doesn't work that way. Besides, I don't even think Manson got the death penalty, but something like 300 years in jail or something of the sort. I know because my father and I were talking about this just the other day when they mentioned Manson on the radio. I'm not sure if that made any sense to you but oh well.

Oh, and God made Manson God.

God made Manson God? Indeed...

I don't think for a moment my opinions are going to matter to the federal government. Confused . Neither did I hope to change your opinion, i'd rather you had a totally (what I perceive) 'unnacceptable' opinion than a 'correct' one you stole from another person. No, Manson did not get the death penalty. Read one of my other posts, it was outlawed in the state of California in 1972. And no, your argument made little sense to me but I see what you are getting at.

Perhaps you could offer reasons as to why Manson in particular deserves to die while you do not believe others do so?. Sounds like hypocrasy to me...Or maybe i'm confusing things...
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Falling In Love With The Board
Mike's Demonic Daunter
December 28th, 2005 at 03:43pm
oh my god... I find that very disgusting, I know for a fact that they know better than to do something like that. I don't know what the hell they are thinking, doing this movie.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 29th, 2005 at 10:14pm
On a side note, about Manson...he comes up for parole every few years. I beleive the last time he was up before the board, he had a freshly-gouged swatika on his forehead. NO better way to show everybody you've got your shit together, eh?
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 29th, 2005 at 10:32pm
I don't think he wants to. He stands for his beliefs - gotta give him that much...

(Swastica is the symbol of fertility of soil and nature, by the way)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:54pm
dirtyhippie:
On a side note, about Manson...he comes up for parole every few years. I beleive the last time he was up before the board, he had a freshly-gouged swatika on his forehead. NO better way to show everybody you've got your shit together, eh?

oh yes, I would voted in favor to parole him. Swatikas are the coolness.

That just proves my point, he is crazy, and his cult is still out there, no telling when they wil get another crazy "message from God" through a pop song and go all physco again
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:06pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dirtyhippie:

That just proves my point, he is crazy, and his cult is still out there, no telling when they wil get another crazy "message from God" through a pop song and go all physco again

Well, yeah, and then you might walk out of the house and a brick will fall down on your head and kill you...
Of course, you're right they might go all psycho again, but it's just a maybe and something we can't control.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 05:14pm
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dirtyhippie:

Well, yeah, and then you might walk out of the house and a brick will fall down on your head and kill you...
Of course, you're right they might go all psycho again, but it's just a maybe and something we can't control.

I have a brick house, now Im worried.

Them going crazy is out of our control until we know who they are, whichis why anyone making anything that mocks them wasnt so bright.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:17pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dirtyhippie:

I have a brick house, now Im worried.

Them going crazy is out of our control until we know who they are, whichis why anyone making anything that mocks them wasnt so bright.

Well, taking a risk is their own choice. Maybe they'd rather die from the hands of The Family because of a movie they made rather than from that brick... Confused
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
December 31st, 2005 at 05:54pm
I highly doubt Manson will get out in 2007. He's been on trial before and he hasn't gotten out yet. And when he goes on trial, he'll probably just say something crazy and they'll just put him right back in jail.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 10:45am
Straightjacket_Feeling:
I highly doubt Manson will get out in 2007. He's been on trial before and he hasn't gotten out yet. And when he goes on trial, he'll probably just say something crazy and they'll just put him right back in jail.

I dont either, so we dont have to worry about him being offended by the movie, but think about the relatives of Sharon Tate. In the movie Sharon is portrayed as an ego maniac and her last name is changed to "Hate" as if she deserved what she got. Her husband, well ex now, is still alive and well
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 11:42am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Straightjacket_Feeling:

I dont either, so we dont have to worry about him being offended by the movie, but think about the relatives of Sharon Tate. In the movie Sharon is portrayed as an ego maniac and her last name is changed to "Hate" as if she deserved what she got. Her husband, well ex now, is still alive and well

Well, we might like or not like the way people are portraid in the movie, but that's how the creators decided to make it, and I'm afraid everyone else is just gonna have to deal with it. Confused Freedom of speach...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 11:46am
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Straightjacket_Feeling:

Well, we might like or not like the way people are portraid in the movie, but that's how the creators decided to make it, and I'm afraid everyone else is just gonna have to deal with it. Confused Freedom of speach...

I know. I know I dont like, and I have freedom of speech too which is why I made this thread. another thing I hate abotu this movie is how distorted the facts are, I get that its told from Charles Mansons point of view, but they added in alot of shit Rolling Eyes
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 11:52am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Straightjacket_Feeling:

I know. I know I dont like, and I have freedom of speech too which is why I made this thread. another thing I hate abotu this movie is how distorted the facts are, I get that its told from Charles Mansons point of view, but they added in alot of shit Rolling Eyes

Well, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't really give you my opinion on this yet. I guess, I'll just take your world for it so far.
I'm just thinking - you know, most books about what The Family did are portraying them as those really sick people who killed everyone for no reason. And I know most of it is probably true. But, as I said before, there are a lot of books and movies that are against Manson - now there's one where everything is described from his own POV. I suppose it's not that bad, we can see things from a different perspective.
Although, I watched a couple of trailers on the official site, and it seems to me that the movies is still against Manson, since he's portrayed as some retard with no brain. Confused
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 11:55am
The movie is about him being the savior of humans in the year 3069, hes portrayed as a savior, its all made up and only some of it takes place during the present time. When I was working on the article I found out more abotu the movie then I wanted too. Its one thing to tell it from his point of view, and try to explain what the hell went wrong in his mind to make him act this way, its another to make an x-rated puppet movie filled with hollow facts and lies
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 11:58am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The movie is about him being the savior of humans in the year 3069, hes portrayed as a savior, its all made up and only some of it takes place during the present time. When I was working on the article I found out more abotu the movie then I wanted too. Its one thing to tell it from his point of view, and try to explain what the hell went wrong in his mind to make him act this way, its another to make an x-rated puppet movie filled with hollow facts and lies

Well, they did warn us it's pretty damn tasteless. Confused Don't like - don't watch?
I don't know, I'll leave it till I watch the movie. Is your article up yet? Tell me when it is, okay?
Register