Does "Live Freaky Die Freaky" mock murders?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:00pm
I dont think any of the articles are up yet. Its called Live Freaky, Die freaky. I couldnt think of a catchy title for it, its hard to write nicly about something when you hate it.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 12:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I dont think any of the articles are up yet. Its called Live Freaky, Die freaky. I couldnt think of a catchy title for it, its hard to write nicly about something when you hate it.

Yeah, that sucks. Confused
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Were you allowed to choose?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:07pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always pick my titles.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I dont think any of the articles are up yet. Its called Live Freaky, Die freaky . I couldnt think of a catchy title for it, its hard to write nicly about something when you hate it.

I always pick my titles.

No, I meant did you choose to write about Live Freaky, Die freaky?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:14pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I dont think any of the articles are up yet. Its called Live Freaky, Die freaky . I couldnt think of a catchy title for it, its hard to write nicly about something when you hate it.

I always pick my titles.

I said I wanted too. Dujo suggested all my articles for me except Teh one about their injuries, The NEtwork, and the Live Freajy, Die Freaky article was more of a joined idea.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 12:15pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always pick my titles.

Yeah, I thought about that too - if you hate it so much, why didn't you pick something else? Or did you not hate it, but stated hating it after you found out what it's all about?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:16pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always pick my titles.

I said I wanted too. Dujo suggested all my articles for me except Teh one about their injuries, The NEtwork, and the Live Freajy, Die Freaky article was more of a joined idea.

Favouritism....I had to think of my idea all by myself. Nyah Laughing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:17pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always pick my titles.

Yeah, I thought about that too - if you hate it so much, why didn't you pick something else? Or did you not hate it, but stated hating it after you found out what it's all about?

second one, I really didnt know much about it until I reasearched it.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 12:18pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always pick my titles.

second one, I really didnt know much about it until I reasearched it.

Oohh, that stinks. You start writing it and then Bang! You realize you fucking hate it... Confused
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 12:21pm
Yes, and this is a Green Day fansite, so I had to make the article postive and like the movie is going to be awesome. Wasnt an easy task.
redc
Jackass
redc
January 1st, 2006 at 01:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Yes, and this is a Green Day fansite, so I had to make the article postive and like the movie is going to be awesome. Wasnt an easy task.

Oh no, no, no. Now you're just bullshitting like the director. Who cares if it's for a Green Day fansite - be honest, be truthful. Has anyone thought as to why it hasn't been released but was finished in 2003? Maybe because it's just a bad movie. It's being "released" for 2 days then directly to DVD - that to me screams "bad".

Now - killing one celebrity & a producer doesn't make Charles Manson or his "Family" people who target celebrities. A&E had a fantastic documentary on Charles Manson & his Family - those who are out of prison, meaning those who realized their mistakes have gotten "over" Charles Manson - not so worried about them. I do remember one woman who is still in jail and is still a little twisted. Charles Manson is not getting out of jail. Period. He will come up for parole time and again, and he will be denied.

I have absolutely no worries about anyone involved in this film being targetted by Charles Manson or any one who "follows" him. So let's drop the dramatics.

In 2004 they released "Helter Skelter" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383393/ ), now the actor that portrayed Charles Manson - Jeremy Davis, is fine and working and same of the other cast members. And this was shown on TV - overall I'd say that a much wider audience saw this, than those who will see "Live Freaky, Die Freaky".

And if Roman Polanski has issues with this, as I'm certain he and victims families are aware of it, he and they could have moved to have the film not released.

All of this brings up (to me), the current issue of the film "Karla" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424938/ ), most people in Canada, especially Ontario are trying to get this film banned. As of now it is scheduled to be released in 2006 and I hope it doesn't. I could go on for days about how much I hate Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, what they did and it pisses me off that someone has made a film about this - with seemling no regard for the victims families. And it pisses me off that someone is going to make money off of their crimes.

Therefore - am I going to buy "Live Freaky, Die Freaky" - hell no. Am I going to see it - no. I'm not going to give money to someone who is benefitting off of such tragedies.

Personally, I have a weird feeling that the majority involved in this saw it as a big joke, something funny - nothing serious. And I don't blindly support anyone I'm a fan of - whether they are actors or musicians - I judge each project individually and decided then whether to support them (either by buying a cd or dvd or going to a movie).

On the swastika issue, while it has benign meaning - twisting it on an angle, such as Charles Manson did represents/supports the Third Reich (aka Nazi Germany).

And on the whole issue of death penalty, I'm against it and as Gandhi said (one of many quotes) - "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind".
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 01:39pm
Umm, I didnt have a choice, I write what Dujo tells me too. I agreed with the other things you said though, but whatever.
redc
Jackass
redc
January 1st, 2006 at 01:41pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Umm, I didnt have a choice, I write what Dujo tells me too. I agreed with the other things you said though, but whatever.

Are you saying that he told you to make it sound good because it's going on a Green Day fansite - what the hell happened to freedom of expression?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 01:43pm
redc:
And on the whole issue of death penalty, I'm against it and as Gandhi said (one of many quotes) - "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind".

Clap
Finally, someone who talks some sense around here.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 01:46pm
redc:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Are you saying that he told you to make it sound good because it's going on a Green Day fansite - what the hell happened to freedom of expression?

If i wrote an article saying Green Day sucked he wouldnt have posted it on a Fansite, and I do have freedom to say what I want, which is why i made this thread. it is a fan site, a site reflecting Green Day in a positive way, thats what it is, thats why we have the message board to point out imperfections.
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
January 1st, 2006 at 03:53pm
maybe now I'll put in a good word for the guys

all this criticism is of course true but
there must have been a reason as for them to make a movie like this

I thought of it in this way:
It's not their goal to mock the murders or rather the people that were murdered...moreover they mock the murderer and the bad side of human kind.

"Charles Manson is portryed as a god and savior in the movie."

here, they are definitely mocking the murderer.
More than dumb if he is released a year after the release of the movie...
but it's their choice...

And by the way, IF he gets out, dont you think he is going to be monitored and everything

And IF he gets out dont you think the guys will take safetymeasures or something...

they cant be that dumb...

right?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 03:56pm
*new_age_provo*:
maybe now I'll put in a good word for the guys

all this criticism is of course true but
there must have been a reason as for them to make a movie like this

I thought of it in this way:
It's not their goal to mock the murders or rather the people that were murdered...moreover they mock the murderer and the bad side of human kind.

"Charles Manson is portryed as a god and savior in the movie."

here, they are definitely mocking the murderer.
More than dumb if he is released a year after the release of the movie...
but it's their choice...

And by the way, IF he gets out, dont you think he is going to be monitored and everything

And IF he gets out dont you think the guys will take safetymeasures or something...

they cant be that dumb...

right?

Charles Manson has murdered celebrities before, but I dont think he willl get out, thats a big if, but if it were impossible, he wouldnt have been given the oppertunity. If they feel the only way to get across human kid is becoming ill minded is to mock murders, they, in my opinion, are the ill minded ones.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 07:55pm
redc:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Oh no, no, no. Now you're just bullshitting like the director. Who cares if it's for a Green Day fansite - be honest, be truthful. Has anyone thought as to why it hasn't been released but was finished in 2003? Maybe because it's just a bad movie. It's being "released" for 2 days then directly to DVD - that to me screams "bad".

Now - killing one celebrity & a producer doesn't make Charles Manson or his "Family" people who target celebrities. A&E had a fantastic documentary on Charles Manson & his Family - those who are out of prison, meaning those who realized their mistakes have gotten "over" Charles Manson - not so worried about them. I do remember one woman who is still in jail and is still a little twisted. Charles Manson is not getting out of jail. Period. He will come up for parole time and again, and he will be denied.

I have absolutely no worries about anyone involved in this film being targetted by Charles Manson or any one who "follows" him. So let's drop the dramatics.

In 2004 they released "Helter Skelter" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383393/ ), now the actor that portrayed Charles Manson - Jeremy Davis, is fine and working and same of the other cast members. And this was shown on TV - overall I'd say that a much wider audience saw this, than those who will see "Live Freaky, Die Freaky".

And if Roman Polanski has issues with this, as I'm certain he and victims families are aware of it, he and they could have moved to have the film not released.

All of this brings up (to me), the current issue of the film "Karla" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424938/ ), most people in Canada, especially Ontario are trying to get this film banned. As of now it is scheduled to be released in 2006 and I hope it doesn't. I could go on for days about how much I hate Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, what they did and it pisses me off that someone has made a film about this - with seemling no regard for the victims families. And it pisses me off that someone is going to make money off of their crimes.

Therefore - am I going to buy "Live Freaky, Die Freaky" - hell no. Am I going to see it - no. I'm not going to give money to someone who is benefitting off of such tragedies.

Personally, I have a weird feeling that the majority involved in this saw it as a big joke, something funny - nothing serious. And I don't blindly support anyone I'm a fan of - whether they are actors or musicians - I judge each project individually and decided then whether to support them (either by buying a cd or dvd or going to a movie).

On the swastika issue, while it has benign meaning - twisting it on an angle, such as Charles Manson did represents/supports the Third Reich (aka Nazi Germany).

A lot of movies are being released for a couple of years, people have their own reasons for it.
I agree with most of what you said, but I think you're failing in one thing - you say the movie is bad before seeing it. In fact, you won't see it at all. You'll just cross your arms and hate it without knowing what it's all about. Don't you think "I've seen it and I hate it" sounds more trustable than "I haven't seen it and I hate it, and I won't see it 'cuz I hate it"?
I'm not convincing you to watch the movie, just saying you can't really hate something you don't know. By now most of us have an opinion on the movie, but it's based on short trailers and reviews. It's quite limited.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 07:59pm
Im not going to see the movie, I have enough reason not too. Any movie mocking anyone's murder will not be watched by me. Mocking, and documentaries, however, are different, I dont have a problem with re telling the muder story, but turning it into a giant joke and mocking it is not ok.
Register