Time travel

AuthorMessage
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 5th, 2007 at 12:25am
obsession.:
I really dont think Deja Vu is dreams you had long ago :/ I dont think it'd make sense if it was. We'd all be sorta "dream physic[sp]" then wouldn't we?

I think it makes sense. There's a theory where dreams usually go to your long-term memory, skipping short-term entirely. When you have a Deja Vu, you experience something which you once experienced in a dream. But it's only a faint memory, because it's buried and stuff. I dunno.

So an infinite number of alternate universes exist? Hmm. That's interesting. I'm still not sure I believe in fate or not, though. I guess we'll never know.

I'm starting to get really interested in this, again. I just might make another few trips off to Wikipedia. Maybe get my dad to put on another physics lecture - he loves those. lmfao

By the way, your signature made me laugh. <3
btw, i felt regret. :x
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 12:29am
Skatanic.:
obsession.:
I really dont think Deja Vu is dreams you had long ago :/ I dont think it'd make sense if it was. We'd all be sorta "dream physic[sp]" then wouldn't we?

I think it makes sense. There's a theory where dreams usually go to your long-term memory, skipping short-term entirely. When you have a Deja Vu, you experience something which you once experienced in a dream. But it's only a faint memory, because it's buried and stuff. I dunno.

So an infinite number of alternate universes exist? Hmm. That's interesting. I'm still not sure I believe in fate or not, though. I guess we'll never know.

I'm starting to get really interested in this, again. I just might make another few trips off to Wikipedia. Maybe get my dad to put on another physics lecture - he loves those. lmfao

By the way, your signature made me laugh. <3
btw, i felt regret. :x
What you said about Deja Vu could be right because, you don't know Deja Vu has happened until you're in the middle of it. So, by something happening to you, it triggers something in your long term memory, bringing abotu Deja Vu.

Kind of like how I can sing along to Spice Girls songs when the music is played, but otherwise I have no idea what the lyrics are. Because it's stuck in my long term memory.

...If that makes sense.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 5th, 2007 at 12:51am
Yeah. There have actually been a couple Deja Vu moments I've had where I've actually remembered where I may have experienced the moment before. A phrase someone said, something like that. They were pretty vague, though, so it could have easily been a coincidence.

Oh, yeah, definitely. A lot of songs, I don't know the words to by heart, but if I listen to the music, I can easily sing along.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 12:52am
Skatanic.:
Yeah. There have actually been a couple Deja Vu moments I've had where I've actually remembered where I may have experienced the moment before. A phrase someone said, something like that. They were pretty vague, though, so it could have easily been a coincidence.

Oh, yeah, definitely. A lot of songs, I don't know the words to by heart, but if I listen to the music, I can easily sing along.
The brain is an amazing thing. :]
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 5th, 2007 at 06:31pm
So in a way if the whole Deja Vu thing being a trigger from a past dream would still be like a physic sorta thing wouldn't it? Whats the purpose of having a dream about a minor event and only being able to remember it while its happening? Usually when I expierience Deja Vu its about like someone spilling a coke or a person walking into a room.....Yes, the brain is a wonderous thing o_o
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 5th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Psychic as in, seeing the future? Not really. Because it supposedly entirely skips your short-term memory, so after a long time, you might remember traces of it, but dreams are rarely remembered very clearly. And I guess experiencing the situation again could trigger a memory relapse.
I dunno, doesn't seem too plausible to me, but it's just a theory.

Usually my Deja Vus are a certain phrase being said in a certain situation.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 07:13pm
I tend to remember my dreams clearly. o.o

I think it's because often they're weird and scary so they wake me up during the REM cycle or something like that. Isn't it that if you wake up during the REM cycle you'll remember a dream? And if you don't wake up during it then you won't even know you had a dream?

..Something like that.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 5th, 2007 at 07:23pm
When I wake up in the middle of a dream I remember it. I even try and get back to it :/ I'll just go back to sleep and will into my head. But maybe thats something entirely different from a just dream just coming to you.
My dreams are fun! Last night I had a dream John Travolta and my dad were best friends .-.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 5th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Yeah, it's when you wake up during your REM cycle. Which I rarely ever do. D:
But I think this is about when you DON'T wake up during your REM. When you remember your dreams the next day, those are ones that make it to your short-term. Otherwise, the reason you don't remember the ones you don't wake up in the middle of, is that they're in your long-term memory. Or something.
At least, that's how I understand it.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 08:33pm
Yes. It's still quite odd to think that, if this Deja Vu theory is true, then we dream about things before the actually happen.

Bit stupid how we don't remember we dreamt about it happening until it happens.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 6th, 2007 at 01:20am
And if we do dream about future events AND we dont remember them till they happen, whats the purpose for them?
It'd be cool if it was a sort of time travel thing....you know like The Butterfly Effect[not movie, but kinda] something in the Deja Vu expierence was like something/someone trying to tell you to change something in that instant for something else to occur. But I guess that theory wouldn't pan out since we only remember it when it happens. :/
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 02:11am
Unless some people can remember them. Like...like...the show Medium.

But then you never know, Deja Vu could be like what they say in the Matrix - a glitch in the system. ...Is that what they say it is? I haven't watched it in ages.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
June 6th, 2007 at 10:31am
have none of you seen doctor who?! Confused lol

obviously all we need is a tardis =D
.... and the doctor.

no seriously now, i don't think it really is but i'll probably be proven wrong in the future. I mean i think the thought of it is mind-boggling. If it does become possible in the futue it'll be some kind of really really really really advanced technology and we'll probably end up mutated if we go back lol but i wouldn't say it's definitely not possible though.

my brains all muddled now Shocked
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 6th, 2007 at 09:33pm
I never seen The Matrix or Doctor Who OR Medium. .-.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 6th, 2007 at 11:50pm
obsession.:

.. me neither. :x
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2007 at 12:40am
OMGyes I am such a Doctor Who nerd Cassie

It's coming back on ABC in Aus! I'm so happy.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2007 at 11:12am
obsession.:
The Matrix is the only one you need to see File
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2007 at 06:20pm
Kurtni:
obsession.:
The Matrix is the only one you need to see File
You need to see Doctor Who as well.

Maybe not the original old series..'cause I've seen that and it's ultra lame, but the new series are good. ..If you're into that sort of thing.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 04:52pm
It would be very cool to have a time traveling machine. But I bet people would find a way to use it for bad stuff. Cheese
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 09:21pm
Moony Madness.:
It would be very cool to have a time traveling machine. But I bet people would find a way to use it for bad stuff. Cheese
Yeah, they would probably do something in the past that would change the future or something. Or maybe, them doing something bad in the past is the reason why we are like we are. And if we stop them going into the past to do something bad then our future will change.

.....I shouldn't think so much.
Register