Time travel

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 12th, 2007 at 12:28pm
I think everyone here is forgetting Einstien's General Theory of Relativity. Everyone here owns or at least has been in a time machine, in a sense. When travelling in a plane or a car or a train or even walking across the room, since time and space are interconnected, so to speak, you are slightly younger after your acceleration than you were when you started. Of course these quantities are virtually unmeasurable except to the eccentric physicist, but it does happen.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 01:34am
Anji:
I think everyone here is forgetting Einstien's General Theory of Relativity. Everyone here owns or at least has been in a time machine, in a sense. When travelling in a plane or a car or a train or even walking across the room, since time and space are interconnected, so to speak, you are slightly younger after your acceleration than you were when you started. Of course these quantities are virtually unmeasurable except to the eccentric physicist, but it does happen.
Yes yes!

I think I made a point like this before. I said how we do travel through time when we fly on a plane to a different country and what not. :]
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 12:42pm
vonny:
Anji:
Yes yes!

I think I made a point like this before. I said how we do travel through time when we fly on a plane to a different country and what not. :]
Good, cause from the last few posts, I got the feeling that it hadn't been mentioned yet.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 12:50am
When people say time doesnt exist it makes me question whether "time" travel is possible. Because time is just numbers correct? But the future isnt a number and niether is the past we just slapped on years to make it easy to sort out....i hope im making some sense. I really like the idea of time travel but it keeps getting shut down with the notion that time doesnt exist. So instead of punching a date and year into a time machine would we some way have to make it back in history or foward into the future by punching something else in like a location perhaps.....like a unique rotation in the earth or sun or something to get specifically somewhere in "time" so to speak.
BTW do i sound like nerd trying to explain something way out of my leauge? XD
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 12:58am
obsession.:
When people say time doesnt exist it makes me question whether "time" travel is possible. Because time is just numbers correct? But the future isnt a number and niether is the past we just slapped on years to make it easy to sort out....i hope im making some sense. I really like the idea of time travel but it keeps getting shut down with the notion that time doesnt exist. So instead of punching a date and year into a time machine would we some way have to make it back in history or foward into the future by punching something else in like a location perhaps.....like a unique rotation in the earth or sun or something to get specifically somewhere in "time" so to speak.
That's an interesting way to think about it. And..quite brain hurting too.

XD
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 01:39pm
obsession.:
I don't understand how time doesn't exist. It does, but I think you're confusing it with something. That something is the measurement of time. It's like the length of one centimetre, except that is a visual and physical thing, where as a specific length of time is imagined. It just so happens that the time it takes for you to read this sentence in your head is about seven seconds. But that is just figurative. Therefore, to turn that invisible, imagined amount, into a physical matrix coordinate, is an extremely tricky process even if a machine which can travel through time is somehow invented.

I think that's what you really mean.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 15th, 2007 at 10:03pm
I've never thought about time travel before, and I honestly don't know anything about Einstein or anything about time travel. I do agree, however, that people would use it for bad things if it ever happened, so maybe it's better that we don't do it. People corrupt basically everything eventually as it is.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2007 at 05:38am
GD Addicts Anonymous:
I've never thought about time travel before, and I honestly don't know anything about Einstein or anything about time travel. I do agree, however, that people would use it for bad things if it ever happened, so maybe it's better that we don't do it. People corrupt basically everything eventually as it is.
But see, if we went back in time then it would have already happened and made the world how it is today. ..If that makes sense.

For example You're a child and you see some person pop out of thin air that looks strangely like you but older. Then, when you're older, somebody asks if you want to go back in time. It's already happened see. When you were a child you saw your older self go back in time.

So really, you couldn't do anything bad, because it would have already happened.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 16th, 2007 at 11:13pm
vonny:
GD Addicts Anonymous:
But see, if we went back in time then it would have already happened and made the world how it is today. ..If that makes sense.

For example You're a child and you see some person pop out of thin air that looks strangely like you but older. Then, when you're older, somebody asks if you want to go back in time. It's already happened see. When you were a child you saw your older self go back in time.

So really, you couldn't do anything bad, because it would have already happened.

That makes sense... at first I was kinda like, wha? and then I realized what you were saying. Laughing Time travel would be pretty crazy/great/scary all at the same time though, that's basically it for me.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 01:08am
GD Addicts Anonymous:
vonny:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

That makes sense... at first I was kinda like, wha? and then I realized what you were saying. Laughing Time travel would be pretty crazy/great/scary all at the same time though, that's basically it for me.
Yeah, but it'd be cool. Like Dr. Who with his Tardis travelling through space and time. Awesome. Cassie
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
June 17th, 2007 at 11:13am
Descovering how to travel in time would start a serious madness and conspiracy theories,like Neil Armstrong landing on the moon.
But I think humanity has more serious problems to resolve than travelling through time
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 09:23pm
Micro Sheep.:
Descovering how to travel in time would start a serious madness and conspiracy theories,like Neil Armstrong landing on the moon.
But I think humanity has more serious problems to resolve than travelling through time
True that.

I actually watched consipracty show on the tele about the moon landing. It was quite interesting.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 17th, 2007 at 09:52pm
If time travel ever will be possible, then there may be time travellers wandering around now, which I think is quite weird when you think about it. I mean, your next door neighbour could be from the future, and you'd never know.

That's quite scary, as well fascinating.

They must have got the date wrong. Nothing to see here. Retard
LAL
Geek
LAL
June 18th, 2007 at 08:07am
I believe in time travel(hums back to the future theme)
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 18th, 2007 at 09:07am
vonny:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

That's assuming that time is a straight line.

Which you don't really know if it is.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 06:58pm
Time exists but the numbers of it dont....correct?
Numbers arent apart of the big space time continum [or something of that nature] so how can we punch a number into a "time machine"?
*doesn't know if is making sense*
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 18th, 2007 at 08:24pm
Well the time machine would process the information and take you to the point you mean..cos it would blatantly have settings and fo shizz. Cos years are based on religion, aren't they? So if you put it on the Christianity setting and type in 2007, it'd take you here, whereas if it were on the muslim setting, it'd take you back way further.

I'm not too familiar with different religions' years and stuff, but I think I managed to get my point across in a haphazard manner.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 08:34pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Well the time machine would process the information and take you to the point you mean..cos it would blatantly have settings and fo shizz. Cos years are based on religion, aren't they? So if you put it on the Christianity setting and type in 2007, it'd take you here, whereas if it were on the muslim setting, it'd take you back way further.

I'm not too familiar with different religions' years and stuff, but I think I managed to get my point across in a haphazard manner.
i didnt really understand what you said o_o sry lmfao
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 18th, 2007 at 11:19pm
Well like we're in the year 2007, because it's 2007 years since Jesus was born.

However, people of other faiths are in the year 23479 or 322 or something else, because that's when their religious leader was born, so, time machines would have different settings, and process the information to take you to the right point in time, because as long as it understands where you want to go, it can take you there.

Like if you say to your mum you want a burger, you don't say I want a quarter of a pound of dead cow mushed together and cooked under the grill for 3.7 minutes on each size and then placed between two halves of a bun with exactly 74 sesame seeds on top. You just say, you want a burger, and your mum interprets that information to bring you what you asked for.

I don't know. I know in my head what I'm trying to say, but I dunno if it's coming across, especially not at 4.18am.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
June 19th, 2007 at 12:59pm
I seriously want to travel in time, but all I've been told is that its a myth; so thats all I believe now. If that makes sense.

okay lol to the real point of my post

y/n?!
Register