Who Got You Into Green Day?

AuthorMessage
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
September 17th, 2008 at 04:54am
errmmm..

my dad 'claims' it was him being wannabe music guru and all...

but it think it was my best friend..

lol they wud easily beat me in a lyrics contest then but now id totally kill them.

funny that..i was 8...or 9 ? those were good years
viva la gloria.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
viva la gloria.
September 19th, 2008 at 08:42am
My dad somewhat influenced me to listen to Green Day (he was singing Basket Case, which was released as a single the same month and year as my birth!! XD). But in honestly, I just came in a store and purchased American Idiot (since I got 'music conscious' at the AI era).
TrePolar
Geek
TrePolar
February 10th, 2009 at 09:15pm
me, I was watching VH1 and they had basket case on it. xP
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
February 11th, 2009 at 01:54pm
This girl I know who now hates Green Day.
And also this other guy.
And my dad used to sing Wake me up when September ends.
finksgirl
Geek
finksgirl

Mibba
February 11th, 2009 at 03:26pm
I got myself into Green Day at three points in my life.
The first time was when I was four riding in the back of my mom's friends mustang (big deal because that became my dream car from then on) and Green Day came on (I'm almost positive it was Basketcase) and it was instant love.

The second time was when I was a little older when I was 10 my mom's now ex had this huge cd rack of albums he'd never listen to that were kinda dusty so I was skimming through them one day he was out at work and I saw Dookie. I picked it up because the name sounded familiar and the album art was cool. I popped it in my cd player and I immediately knew half the songs from the radio and had a little flashback to being in that mustang. I listened to that album all throughout the end of elementary to the end of middle school.

My third time of getting into Green Day was definitely the point where it shifted from "I really like this band" to "They are the greatest thing to walk the earth". I was 13, we had just gotten cable 3 years before (still no internet) and I was watching tv when the American Idiot music video came on. I knew who Green Day was but since the only album I had was Dookie and a mix tape of a ton of their songs my friend made I didn't really know what they looked like (grainy Dookie inlay isn't exactly helpful). It was a huge moment for me. Seeing them play and the colours and just the whole look of it was amazing. It's been almost 5 years since and I still get that feeling around them. =]

So yeah, there's my kind of epic introduction to the band and how I became the insane person I am today.
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 11th, 2009 at 10:33pm
I WAS BORN IN THE KERPLUNK! ERA. MY MOM & DAD ALWAYS SAY I'VE BEEN A GREEN DAY FAN SINCE I WAS 2. MY MOM SAID I USED TO SING THEIR SONGS ON THE RADIO. SHE'D ALWAYS TURN UP THE VOLUME A LITTLE LOUDER FOR ME TO HEAR. SHE SAYS I GOT MYSELF INTO GREEN DAY ON MY OWN. BUT I REALLY GOT INTO GREEN DAY UNTIL I WAS LIKE IN 5TH OR 6TH GRADE. THATS PRETTY TIGHT!!! THEY'VE BEEN MY FAVORITE BAND EVER SINCE!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 13th, 2009 at 01:16am
I was born the same year Green Day became a band. I didn't really start liking them until 2005, but I had heard their older stuff before. Almost a year after I got AI I started to love it. Before that I HATED it. Then I fell in love with them and bought all their other albums. It was kind of a combination of my younger sister and WMUWSE that got me into them. My friend was the one that bought me AI for Christmas though. But it wasn't 'til WMUWSE came out that I really start to like them. My sister had started to like them a lot (mostly their old stuff though) right around the time AI came out. So, I was also listening to them a lot. Even though they I'm not obsessed with them anymore they are still my all time favorite band. Although sometimes I'm not sure why. They aren't that great, they say stuff that offenses/annoys me and Billie can be a dick. Sorry people but it's true. There is just something about them that I love and I don't know what it is. But lately I've been feeling like maybe they aren't my favorite band. idk I'm so confused. Confused
u r a smeghead
Idiot
u r a smeghead

Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 12:32am
hmmmm, well, this boyin my year 5 class kept bringing American Idiot into class... :}
vivalagloria
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vivalagloria
February 15th, 2009 at 01:13pm
Myself, well basically. My cousin left me a bunch of his albums and one of them just happened to be Dookie. I seriously don't remember how old I was, probably like 7-8. I wasn't really into music then so it took me awhile to listen to it but I thought the album art was awesome so I finally gave in. I'm glad I did. That, and No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom he also left me. I'll love him forever for it.
Irwin Sparkes
Idiot
Irwin Sparkes
February 15th, 2009 at 01:21pm
my uncle got me loads of copied cds and american idiot was one iut it on my ipod and loved it!
then i saw international superhits for £5 and bought it and since then got the rest of the cds and got hooked

lol i was 8 when ai came out
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 01:44pm
Basically I was 13/14 and I heard BOBD on the radio on the schoolbus. I was immediately hooked. The rest is history. lmfao
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
February 20th, 2009 at 09:54am
Brother + Kerrang!
TrePolar
Geek
TrePolar
May 25th, 2009 at 08:10pm
My church camp counseler! <no I'm serious here, she got me to listen to them!>
The_Rebel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The_Rebel
June 14th, 2009 at 03:52pm
My sister.
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
Geek
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
June 14th, 2009 at 06:31pm
Well, I think I was vaguely aware of them for a long time. Every now and then I'd hear one of their songs on the radio. But I grew up in this really boring town where everyone listened to the same pop/hip-hop shitty music, so I never really knew much about them until high school.

Very Happy I remember the first time I saw one of their music videos. It was my first morning of high school, and I was really nervous, because I was a real nerd and I already knew I wasn't going to fit in at school. So I'm just sitting there eating my breakfast, and I flipped on MTV, and American Idiot started. And I just remember thinking they were totally badass, and they just didn't give a shit what anyone else thought. And that made me feel more reassured about being myself, like "look, these guys are different, and they're the coolest people."
I immediately loved them, and I went out and bought American Idiot that week, and all their other cds right after that. I've been hooked ever since. Very Happy
Goodbye
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye

Blog
July 1st, 2009 at 04:04pm
My Dad but mostly songs on the radio and the American Idiot music videos
ConcreteCorpse
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ConcreteCorpse
July 1st, 2009 at 08:58pm
VH1. I mean when VH1 was still good. Now VH1's just as bad as MTV.
Skiba
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Skiba

Mibba
July 2nd, 2009 at 04:26am
I was about 10 and i was round my friends house. Her sister was into Green Day and was playing Hitchin' A Ride in the living room. Me and my friend sort of went in the room and started dancing randomly. I can't really remember what happened next but i know i said something about the song and my friend's sister was like "If you like it, i'll tape it for you" [yep, these were the days when we still used cassette tapes!]. So she taped the entire Nimrod album for me.
But then i lost the tape or something and when International Superhits came out a year or two later, I saw it in the store and recognised the band name. I bought it because i lost the tape, i guess, but then it opened my eyes to thier earlier stuff.
i am amanda
Idiot
i am amanda

Mibba
July 3rd, 2009 at 10:58pm
Myself, pretty much haha
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
July 4th, 2009 at 02:36am
My father, brother and the radio.