Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2005 at 02:44pm
Forgive me if this topic already exists in some way, shape or form.

For some time, I personally have noticed a growing trend (mostly in young people) in hatred towards Christianity. Nowadays, people are renouncing the Christian faith in favor of more unconventional religions. We seem all too eager to blame Christians for the world's problems. Can this be Justified?. I, personally, do not think it can. Christianity may have its faults, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Also, would this prejudice be considered un-acceptable if it were directed towards other faiths?.

I am curious to know other people's view on this subject.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:00pm
Hmmmm...I've seen a lot of kids like that.

"You're a Christian?! You're really lame."

-walksaway-

If it wasn't for Christians, Christmas wouldn't exist. Am I on topic? Confused
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:10pm
I see where you are coming from.
But you have to think about america, and how fucked up almost everyone is....so much hatered towards other races and religions..etc...so much greed....most americans would consider themselves to be christians....yet they drink..swear......are hateful....bigoted.....you know how americans are.
That is why they are hated.....because this shows that religion as being false...if there isn't anyone following it how it's supposed to be...then it isn't real...and it's stupid to take part or encourage.
do you see why people might not like the religion?
franzi
Falling In Love With The Board
franzi
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:25pm
well i was reading my friends bible (those little ones that basically put it into modern day language so you can understand it better) and as i was reading the section about what your not supposed to have sex with it said man on man and i (and everyone else) already know that christianstians dont accept it.
and im not cool with that.

so i have my reasons, there are many more.

but my friend, well shes a strict church goer, and thinks homosexuality is wrong.

but i do respect that, and i am still her friend...

even though i think shes a lesbian in denial and doesnt want to admit it, due to her religion...

but i do agree that a lot of people think its "cool" to dislike the christian religion or whatnot.. yah.. but im sure everyone has their own reasons

personally i am for no religions.. but yah Rolling Eyes
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:26pm
*Blue Star*-GARBIEKINS!!:
If it wasn't for Christians, Christmas wouldn't exist. Am I on topic? Confused

Hmm. Difficult one there. To bring my own personal beliefs into this, I believe it would, but in a different form. Like, Christians believe in Adam and Eve yeah? Well, I don't, I believe the pagan religions were there first and Christmas existed in the form of Yule, which is celebrated on the 21st December and is celebrating the return of the Horned God. So..yeah.

But yeah, I think Christianity is blamed for a lot of things, or more appropriatly, people use their beliefs to justify things that they do. Or whatever. And it is becoming a trend, you're right there too. I was on this guy's myspace the other day and he was saying he was Satanist, but he obviously had no idea what the hell it even fucking was.

Religion causes far more problems than it actually needs to, all because of the people, it causes conflict. But that's human nature, it isn't going to change, it's how we were made.

So yeah, it isn't ChristianITY that's causing the problems, it's people. But people can't seem to see that, prefering to blame Christianity itself.

..And now I've even lost myself lmfao So I'll shut up for a bit.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:27pm
hi again:

Imagine a world with no religion though?
franzi
franzi
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:30pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
hi again:

nice and strange thoughts come to mind...
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:33pm
Alot of Christians I've met don't swear or drink and stuff...so people in my school think they're lame. And you guys probably all know how teenagers these days hate people for being lame and different Rolling Eyes

I don't mind Christians...I just avoid them when they say stuff to me like,"Can you stop swearing?"...because I just can't help it sometimes.
franzi
franzi
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:37pm
yar i know what you mean.
when i go to my friends house she always goes to me and my friend
"and remember, no swearing around the parents!"
and were like
"Urgh Rolling Eyes ok,"

sometimes a fuck! or shit... comes out..

its hard too.
she tries to push her ideas of abstinence on me, and her ideas of no drugs no alcohol and no sex and no blablabla....
yah but i put up with it because i love her to bits Very Happy
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:41pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
hi again:

......a LOT of disputes.....would cease to exist

If you ask me.......we can do WITHOUT......the glorified

CULT THAT IS RELIGION

H-F-P-R
Kitti
Kitti
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:44pm
personally, i think that if the whole thing was an issue of people not being christian and being tolerant of those who are, it wouldnt be a big deal. some people decide they arent christian legitimately, but i recognize the ear marks of a trend when i see them and this reeks of it. its hypocritical. it drives me nuts.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:20pm
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.
franzi
franzi
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:27pm
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

thats how i feel.
i dislike it when people try to push their ideas on to you.
not to get off topic, but im a vegatarian. i dont go around telling people they shouldnt eat meat. i let them choose for themselves because everyone has their own opinions.

edit:and i feel that most (not all) people of strong christian faith like to push their ideas of living and their morals onto other people...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2005 at 05:16pm
I think in this society it has become acceptable to dicriminate against the majority, in the western society's that most of this board belong to, Christinity is the main religion, through political correctness it has become a problem to blame minoirty groups for the worlds problems so you attack the common Quo no one can object to this because as a majority we shouldn't have problems and we can be accused of trying to find a minority scapegoat.

I'm not a suggesting that we should start hunting minority's in the street but it is unfair to justify this much hatred on a group of people who have not caused an upset in the world since the crusades and even then you can be skeptical about the role of Religion then.

Oh and this is in responce to a comment made in this thread, the world doesn't hate Americans because their Christian, the world hates Americans becasue they come across as uncaring.
franzi
franzi
December 23rd, 2005 at 06:06pm
and greedy
and ignorant
and materialistic
and i know this first hand. i am among 6 americans in an international school and i get discriminated against. whatever comments i make in class, regardless of their intellectuality, are swamped my idiotic comments of my fellow classmates.. but thats a whole different story Rolling Eyes
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 23rd, 2005 at 07:10pm
I've noticed it a lot on here and on the Idiot Club. Green Day fans who believe in God are somehow lesser than Green Day fans who don't. Also, a TON of people on here make posts like this:
'No one should believe in God, people who believe in God try and force their religions on others.'
Confused
As if THAT isn't trying to force your religion on others?
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 23rd, 2005 at 07:46pm
poison_fish:

That's one of the main goals in all religions :\
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 23rd, 2005 at 07:50pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I've noticed it a lot on here and on the Idiot Club. Green Day fans who believe in God are somehow lesser than Green Day fans who don't. Also, a TON of people on here make posts like this:
'No one should believe in God, people who believe in God try and force their religions on others.'
Confused
As if THAT isn't trying to force your religion on others?

Ah, people, you have no idea how many poems, articles, stories and novels I've written about this - Faith and Religion are different things and can co-exist as well as live their seperate lives.
I'm so tired of people saying that I'm faithless and godless because I don't have a religion. What the hell? I know a shitload of people who go to the church when they are supposed to, do all the rituals and all - but they really don't believe in God, or doubt their existance. Is that not faithless and godless?

I don't blame Christians for all the sins in the world. I think people have a right to have whatever beliefs they want, as long as they don't force them down my throat. I wouldn't avoid a Christian. In fact, I would even not swear around them out of respect. But when they go on national television saying they're gonna write discrimination back into our Constitution because, apparently, homosexuality is sick and unnatural...what do you expect me to do? Sit and watch them get away with turning us into intolerant closed-minded haters?
It would be all perfect if religions, nations and interest groups would all respect each other - but that's just not for us humans, I guess.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 23rd, 2005 at 09:43pm
Robot:
poison_fish:

That's one of the main goals in all religions :\

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 23rd, 2005 at 11:21pm
pish posh. Alot of people do believe christianity is stupid or some of that stuff. But I personally dont care about what they think. I believe they'll be judged by God and I need not be burdened by them. Rolling Eyes I sound like an old book. Very Happy Anyway yeah.....believe what you want do what you want, I'll stick to my stuff and you stick to yours. Anyone who forces stuff on you force right back but other than that dont tell shit to people just cause they're religion....cause that goes right up there with rascism[sp].
Register