Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:39pm
druscilla_nesser:
I'm Lizalicious.:
Iam2fly4u:
sometimes i wish religion wasn't around. Because isn't that like, the main reason for war?
No it isn't. The fight for claiming land is the main reason of war.

Religious "Holy Land".
I'm thinking of American history.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:35pm
RELIGION IS NOT THE MAIN REASON FOR WAR
you all don't even know how frusturating this is for me to see
it's worse than if you all were saying "blacks/women/Jews/homosexuals/handicap are the source of all problems"
that's the level of discrimination I see here
and in a fucking thread about scapegoating religion

religion is not the reason for war, poor communication is
if everyone understood everyone perfectly we would have no conflict in life
and think about it, if everyone followed the Bible, wouldn't the world be perfect?
exactly, it's assholes who create conflict
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:29pm
spill_no_sick:

and think about it, if everyone followed the Bible, wouldn't the world be perfect?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not saying the bible doesn't have some good morals, but to follow the whole and complete bible, would be nothing remotely close to perfect.

Coffee and I didn't quote the rest of your post because Im ignoring it or something, I agree with it. It's silly to blame religion for problems that we create. And if you were to blame religion... it's your own choice to follow one.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:47pm
Kurtni:
spill_no_sick:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not saying the bible doesn't have some good morals, but to follow the whole and complete bible, would be nothing remotely close to perfect.

Coffee and I didn't quote the rest of your post because Im ignoring it or something, I agree with it. It's silly to blame religion for problems that we create. And if you were to blame religion... it's your own choice to follow one.
which is why I said "think about it"
if we all followed the Bible the way it said there would be no conflict.
I don't want to convert anyone or anything like that, or try to say that it's the only answer
I'm saying it is pure in itself, until we contaminate it

it is the people who contaminate it who make it wrong, it's pure by itself
and it isn't the only thing of the sort
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:51pm
spill_no_sick:
I don't want to convert anyone or anything like that, or try to say that it's the only answer

lmfao I think in a weird twisted way you have a point. If everyone did follow the bible to the letter, there wouldn't be conflict.

I only hope that most people don't start doing that lmfao.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:57pm
Coff:
spill_no_sick:

lmfao I think in a weird twisted way you have a point. If everyone did follow the bible to the letter, there wouldn't be conflict.

no, I was just pointing out that the people are the flawed ones
religion is pure
almost all religions are pure
even atheism is pure
people are not
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
March 3rd, 2007 at 12:22am
Iam2fly4u:
I do have to admit, people make fun of christianity. But think about it this way, at least you guys aren't being killed because your christian.

Some people are... maybe not anyone on here, but it does happen.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:50am
Coff:
spill_no_sick:

Even if everyone followed the Bible, or any scripture to the letter, dotting the i's and crossing the t's and yadda yadda, there would still be conflict. I mean, okay, there would be peace for a while, but the Bible and all Scriptures are opressive towards one group or another. The Bible encourages selling one's daughter into slavery or marriage. It encourages ostracizing women during menstruation. There's a lot in there supporting slavery and things like that.

It'll be calm for 100, 200 years or so and then the opressed people will start to revolt. They always do.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 3rd, 2007 at 01:27pm
lyrical_mess:
Coff:
spill_no_sick:

Even if everyone followed the Bible, or any scripture to the letter, dotting the i's and crossing the t's and yadda yadda, there would still be conflict. I mean, okay, there would be peace for a while, but the Bible and all Scriptures are opressive towards one group or another. The Bible encourages selling one's daughter into slavery or marriage. It encourages ostracizing women during menstruation. There's a lot in there supporting slavery and things like that.

It'll be calm for 100, 200 years or so and then the opressed people will start to revolt. They always do.
the Bible oppresses no one
get your facts straight
where in the entire Bible does it oppress anyone (if not everyone, but according to Marx if everyone is oppressed equally it's still a good system
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
March 3rd, 2007 at 03:20pm
spill_no_sick:
get your facts straight
where in the entire Bible does it oppress anyone (if not everyone, but according to Marx if everyone is oppressed equally it's still a good system
That just made it so tempting for me to try and prove you wrong... Very Happy

The bible on homosexuality:
Leviticus 20:13 ‘If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death....’
Romans 1:27-32 ‘In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men… They have become filled with ever kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity…. They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless … those who do such things deserve death’

The bible on the inferiority of women:
Genesis 3:12 ‘Unto the woman [God] said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee’

The bible on people of other religions:
Deuteronomy 13:6-9 ‘If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter…entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known…Thou shalt not consent unto him…neither shall thine eye pity him…neither shalt thou conceal him. But thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be the first upon him to put him to death’

You could say that the bible is not to be taken word-for-word, or that it can be interpreted in a very different way, or any other excuse.
The fact remains that those phrases are IN there. Coffee
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:17pm
rehabreject:
spill_no_sick:
get your facts straight
That just made it so tempting for me to try and prove you wrong... Very Happy

The bible on homosexuality:
Leviticus 20:13 ‘If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death....’
Romans 1:27-32 ‘In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men… They have become filled with ever kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity…. They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless … those who do such things deserve death’

The bible on the inferiority of women:
Genesis 3:12 ‘Unto the woman [God] said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee’

The bible on people of other religions:
Deuteronomy 13:6-9 ‘If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter…entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known…Thou shalt not consent unto him…neither shall thine eye pity him…neither shalt thou conceal him. But thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be the first upon him to put him to death’

You could say that the bible is not to be taken word-for-word, or that it can be interpreted in a very different way, or any other excuse.
The fact remains that those phrases are IN there. Coffee
I love it when I say something, with the intentions of getting a certain response, so I can later prove a point, and then I get the exact response I wanted

it also said all sin is the same, it says that lying is a sin
jealousy is a sin
you commit a sin probably every hour at least
which is why I said, "rule of Communism, every is oppressed so there is still equality"
now, Gensis 3:12 is "The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." unless you're reading from skepticsannotatedbible.com
and if everyone was Christian there would be no other religions anyway
and homosexual sex is a sin, because when the Jews created marriage they discluded homsexuals
if they can't marry, they can't have sex
I'm thinking of asking out a kid named Michael, my friend thinks that makes me a bad Christian
but he's fucked his girlfriend, and I'm still a virgin, so it's the other way now isn't it?

anyway, the Bible says, "you're all sinners, the only unforgivable sin is not asking Jesus for forgiveness"
so if everyone asked for forgiveness for their sins, wouldn't everyone be equal?
no oppression unless you interperet it wrong
(for all those fans of East of Eden) timshel, thou mayest
we all sin, but you can still choose forgiveness and you can choose to try to not sin
the Bible oppresses everyone and gives them all the chance for redeption
sounds good to me, in all other religions I go straight to hell because I'm just a bad person
it's the only religion that doesn't oppress me
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:19pm
oh yeah, and since you're taking from the Old Testament and KJV, "death" means hell
if you sin you go to hell
but then there was this dude named Jesus who said, "if you sin and apologize you get eternal bliss beyond your mind's comprehention"
it sounds pretty bad until you get to, "life will be perfect forever if you endure the burden of saying, 'sorry'"
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
March 4th, 2007 at 06:15am
spill_no_sick:
I love it when I say something, with the intentions of getting a certain response, so I can later prove a point, and then I get the exact response I wanted
Hah, glad I could help Very Happy

spill_no_sick:
you commit a sin probably every hour at least
which is why I said, "rule of Communism, every is oppressed so there is still equality"
Communism is a sticky subject to use, not everyone would agree with Marx's ideals. No country in the world has so far been able to sustain a communist state using his philosophy. I find it ironic that you are using Marx as your argument - the very man who claimed that 'Religion is the sign of the opressed creature...It is the opium of the people'
spill_no_sick:
so if everyone asked for forgiveness for their sins, wouldn't everyone be equal?
we all sin, but you can still choose forgiveness and you can choose to try to not sin
the Bible oppresses everyone and gives them all the chance for redeption
sounds good to me, in all other religions I go straight to hell because I'm just a bad person
Not strickly true. Jewish documents state that everyone has a share in the 'world to come', which I think even includes 'the righteous people of other (non-Jewish) nations'. Eastern religions like Buddhism don't have the idea of Heaven and Hell - but they also say that it is never too late to build up good Karma.
I'm not just talking about oppression when deciding who goes to Heaven or Hell. The bible teaches that 'the meek shall inherit the earth' and unless 'meek' meant something completely different back then - it implies that you should submissive towards those higher in rank than you. Does this mean putting up with any form of cruelty, injustice or discrimination just so you can be nice and obedient and go to Heaven?
spill_no_sick:
oh yeah, and since you're taking from the Old Testament and KJV, "death" means hell
if you sin you go to hell
Does 'thou shalt surely kill him' still mean what I think it does?
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 08:51am
1. it was wrong in the middle ages for christians to go on crusades, thats what i think, they had no right to go and do that, it was all cause of some stuck up pope.
2. it is wrong to blame christians for all the shit we're in or were in, though at least some of it has been caused by them, no doubt in that.
3. i personally dislike the chrsitian ways because they're just plain bullcrap to me, no offence to christians, i'm christened like yourselves and all that stuff but i never wanted any of it.
4. i will shut up in case in case i said or will say anything stupid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 08:54am
Mmmkay I'm going to say just one thing here. And since I just scored 100% on my last Catholic Christianity exam, I feel qualified to talk about this File

Almost all of you are wrong. You're all pulling random bible quotations out of your ass to prove that it really is a murderous, tyrranical book of horrors, but really, it isn't like that at all. Most of the quotations people are spewing up are either from the OT (which Jesus, of course, downplayed vastly and changed a lot of during the Sermon on the Mount) or don't come from Jesus himself. Now, lets remember who exactly Jesus was. God incarnate. The Word made flesh. Jesus was God in human form, if you believe in the Bible, and since you're all quoting from it, I won't take no for an answer.

Now, here's a funky Bible quotation for you all. Matthew 22:35-40.
If you don't have a Bible, and don't trust me either, here's that Bible passage copied down in my exercise book. Ignore my bad handwriting.
Many Christians refer to this passage as the Law of Love. Love God with all your heart, and Love humanity with all your heart. This is called the greatest commandment in many circles, too. If everyone did that, wouldn't the world be great? Ah

spill_no_sick:

exactly.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 09:08am
Bloodraine:
Mmmkay I'm going to say just one thing here. And since I just scored 100% on my last Catholic Christianity exam, I feel qualified to talk about this File

Almost all of you are wrong. You're all pulling random bible quotations out of your ass to prove that it really is a murderous, tyrranical book of horrors, but really, it isn't like that at all. Most of the quotations people are spewing up are either from the OT (which Jesus, of course, downplayed vastly and changed a lot of during the Sermon on the Mount) or don't come from Jesus himself. Now, lets remember who exactly Jesus was. God incarnate. The Word made flesh. Jesus was God in human form, if you believe in the Bible, and since you're all quoting from it, I won't take no for an answer.

If you don't have a Bible, and don't trust me either, here's that Bible passage copied down in my exercise book. Ignore my bad handwriting.
Many Christians refer to this passage as the Law of Love. Love God with all your heart, and Love humanity with all your heart. This is called the greatest commandment in many circles, too. If everyone did that, wouldn't the world be great? Ah

spill_no_sick:

exactly.

good point...just one thing - the world can never be perfect, it would be unnatural if everything were perfect.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 4th, 2007 at 11:07am
UltraViolet InfraRed:
Bloodraine:

spill_no_sick:

exactly.

good point...just one thing - the world can never be perfect, it would be unnatural if everything were perfect.
the whole world will never believe in the Bible so of course it will never be perfect
I'm not saying that's the only way for perfection, if the whole world was communist it would be perfect
but nothing of the sort will ever be perfect
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 12:04pm
UltraViolet InfraRed:

Nature doesn't exist anymore. We killed it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 12:12pm
Bloodraine:
UltraViolet InfraRed:

Weren't you going to make a thread about human nature? (or the lack of it) I remember you or steph talking about it awhile ago.

Coffee you should.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 4th, 2007 at 12:15pm
Kurtni:
Bloodraine:
UltraViolet InfraRed:

Weren't you going to make a thread about human nature? (or the lack of it) I remember you or steph talking about it awhile ago.

Coffee you should.

I'll get right on it Image
Register