Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 7th, 2007 at 12:09pm
Bloodraine:
druscilla_nesser:
Actually, Jesus was born in March.
We celebrate Christmas because of the Pagan Winter Solstice.
Christians tend to forget that all of their holidays have ties to Paganism.

When did people start celebrating Christmas?
I mean, the Pagans were Europeans, yah?. And the early Christianity was obviously coming from the middle east. It makes me wonder how a middle-eastern religion ended up with European festival dates. Hmm.
The Crusades.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Anji:
Bloodraine:
druscilla_nesser:

I mean, the Pagans were Europeans, yah?. And the early Christianity was obviously coming from the middle east. It makes me wonder how a middle-eastern religion ended up with European festival dates. Hmm.
The Crusades.

Hence the question.

Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 7th, 2007 at 12:22pm
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
druscilla_nesser:

The Crusades.

Hence the question.

After or during the first Crusades is my guess. Once Christianity was being preached to Europe.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 7th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Yeah. I really wish the Crusades never happened. And I also wish people would realize that's what happens when you don't correct Christians. It can get to that point to where they're following their rules and not listening to the Bible.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 9th, 2007 at 11:20am
spill_no_sick:
Yeah. I really wish the Crusades never happened. And I also wish people would realize that's what happens when you don't correct Christians. It can get to that point to where they're following their rules and not listening to the Bible.
That's the point when so-called 'Christians' are not Christians at all. Just people who are intolerable and can't stand being wrong.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 9th, 2007 at 11:49am
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
druscilla_nesser:

The Crusades.

Hence the question.

After or during the first Crusades is my guess. Once Christianity was being preached to Europe.

Wasn't it being preached before then?

I mean, Peter became the first Bishop of Rome (aka the Pope) so he had reached Italy within not too long of Jesus dying, bearing in mind life expectancy wasn't that big back then. Crusades were agreed to by the Pope, right?
There must have been a Pope in office for them to happen, so we know that Christianity was being preached in Europe at this time. I know for a fact Christianity existed in England, 'cause Richard the Lionheart went to the crusades (my year 8 history might be a bit sketchy, sorry).

I just looked up on wikipedia that the Crusades started in 1095. I'm almost positive Christianity existed in Europe before then xD
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 9th, 2007 at 11:57am
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
The Crusades.

Hence the question.

Wasn't it being preached before then?

I mean, Peter became the first Bishop of Rome (aka the Pope) so he had reached Italy within not too long of Jesus dying, bearing in mind life expectancy wasn't that big back then. Crusades were agreed to by the Pope, right?
There must have been a Pope in office for them to happen, so we know that Christianity was being preached in Europe at this time. I know for a fact Christianity existed in England, 'cause Richard the Lionheart went to the crusades (my year 8 history might be a bit sketchy, sorry).

I just looked up on wikipedia that the Crusades started in 1095. I'm almost positive Christianity existed in Europe before then xD
There have been many 'Crusades' it's finding which one. All I know and am pretty sure of is that it ws after one when all the Christians fled North-west instead of South and East. Christianity existed in Europe much earlier than 1095, or at least in Britain, because Sir John Mandeville was Christian and he starte his travels in 1055...I think. So maybe a few hundred years prior. I don't know, I don't take history. I used to be really good at it though.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
March 10th, 2007 at 03:36pm
I think there is...but they hate people for who they are. many christians. They hate Gays and abortion. They kind of, in my view defeat the purpose of the first amendment. Many that I know, some in my family, try and push their religion off onto you. Those are the kind of people I don't like, regardless what religion they are. Many people in my family do it. I don't like any person who can't be open minded to many things. My dad is Luthern and he always bad mouths the catholics. And I get mad at him when he says bad things about them. So they look at things differently. If you don't agree with them then it's cool just don't complain and bad mouth them for it. I personally don't like anyone opened minded about gays and abortion. I have very specific views on it. But what I mean is that like they're like "Gays are wrong! It's against the bible, god hates gays!" *explodes. OR "OMG, baby killer!"
-_- No.
Okay I'm done with my ranting, I'm a little confused by my own rant. =] have a nice day.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2007 at 05:15pm
just_call_me_dookie:
I think there is...but they hate people for who they are. many christians. They hate Gays and abortion. They kind of, in my view defeat the purpose of the first amendment. Many that I know, some in my family, try and push their religion off onto you. Those are the kind of people I don't like, regardless what religion they are. Many people in my family do it. I don't like any person who can't be open minded to many things. My dad is Luthern and he always bad mouths the catholics. And I get mad at him when he says bad things about them. So they look at things differently. If you don't agree with them then it's cool just don't complain and bad mouth them for it. I personally don't like anyone opened minded about gays and abortion. I have very specific views on it. But what I mean is that like they're like "Gays are wrong! It's against the bible, god hates gays!" *explodes. OR "OMG, baby killer!"
-_- No.
Okay I'm done with my ranting, I'm a little confused by my own rant. =] have a nice day.

Dude, the first amendment gives you the right to practice the religion of your choice, how does that defeat the purpose? And Im against abortion, and I'm nothing close to a Christian, I just think murder is wrong. And you made some pretty harsh generalizations. Being against gay marriage is much different than hating gay people. And different religions have the right to express their opinions of each other, the first amendment gives them that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't do it. In that case, you're the one against the first amendment. "I personally don't like anyone opened minded about gays and abortion" You dislike someone just because of their opinion on something, but it's christians who dislike people for who they are... nice.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
March 10th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Kurtni:
just_call_me_dookie:
-_- No.

Dude, the first amendment gives you the right to practice the religion of your choice, how does that defeat the purpose? And Im against abortion, and I'm nothing close to a Christian, I just think murder is wrong. And you made some pretty harsh generalizations. Being against gay marriage is much different than hating gay people. And different religions have the right to express their opinions of each other, the first amendment gives them that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't do it. In that case, you're the one against the first amendment. "I personally don't like anyone opened minded about gays and abortion" You dislike someone just because of their opinion on something, but it's christians who dislike people for who they are... nice.

I meant right to free speech. o.o Crap, I forgot about the religion part, my bad. Okay so my thoughts are wrong you're right. cool. simple enough. Glad I cleared that up.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
March 15th, 2007 at 03:34am
I dislike Christianity, because I don't agree with some of their teachings, heck, the teachings of majority of religions. But I don't prejudice against Christians. I have many Christian friends, some forceful and narrow-minded, some who have picked up flaws and contradictions within the Bible and have questioned God rather than accepting/following it blindly. And I respect them, it takes a whole lot of faith to give yourself wholly to God. I don't have faith and conviction in such quantities, and sometimes I wish I did.
But I still dislike Christianity.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 15th, 2007 at 03:26pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
I dislike Christianity, because I don't agree with some of their teachings, heck, the teachings of majority of religions. But I don't prejudice against Christians. I have many Christian friends, some forceful and narrow-minded, some who have picked up flaws and contradictions within the Bible and have questioned God rather than accepting/following it blindly. And I respect them, it takes a whole lot of faith to give yourself wholly to God. I don't have faith and conviction in such quantities, and sometimes I wish I did.
what's wrong with it
I have yet to find contradictions in it (which is why I put faith in that and not athiesm...I have found many flaws in the componants of atheism
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2007 at 03:47pm
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
what's wrong with it
I have yet to find contradictions in it (which is why I put faith in that and not athiesm...I have found many flaws in the componants of atheism

componants?

I thought it was just "don't believe in God. end of" Coolio
lady.of.darkness.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
lady.of.darkness.

Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 02:45am
Yes, I do think that there is alot of hatred torwards Christians. But the one thing that people seem to forget is that not all Christians are the same. There are some, I am ashamed to admit, that are the hate-homosexuality-shove-religion-down-your-throat-self-contradicting Christians; the ones who lie and cuss and drink then still say that they are full fledged Christians. Then, there are the few of us left that actually have love torwards everyone. We don't hate homosexuality, we think it is wrong, but we would never try to ban it, because it is a personal choice. We may witness to you and share our love of our god, but we will never try to shove church down your throat. I just think that most Christians are hated because of a few.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
March 16th, 2007 at 03:44am
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
what's wrong with it
I don't like the idea of a god deciding for me the 'right/good' way to live my life, like practise abstinence. I don't like the idea of having to repent for what someone else considers sinning. I understand why others have turned to religion and also that none of Christianity is forced on me, it's a personal choice to turn to God. I mean, I realize many religions do preach moral/good things. I just personally would like to live my life the way I want to (not taking that point to any extremes like murdering someone) without being judged. You know what? I should word myself better: I dislike the idea of being part of a religion.
What flaws have you found in atheism?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 10:51am
Pretty Like Drugs:
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
what's wrong with it
I don't like the idea of a god deciding for me the 'right/good' way to live my life, like practise abstinence. I don't like the idea of having to repent for what someone else considers sinning. I understand why others have turned to religion and also that none of Christianity is forced on me, it's a personal choice to turn to God. I mean, I realize many religions do preach moral/good things. I just personally would like to live my life the way I want to (not taking that point to any extremes like murdering someone) without being judged. You know what? I should word myself better: I dislike the idea of being part of a religion.
Isn't religion any belief in general, so atheism is a religion, by definition.

Anyway, God doesn't decide everything for you, you can kinda choose depending on what type of Christianity you believe in. In most, all you have to do in follow the ten commandments and believe in Jesus, that's it. No pressure and the ten commandments are now almost all laws. Simple stuff like adultery and theiving is just common sense and against the law anyway. Like, there are five things you need to do to be a Muslim. The first is, you have to believe in Allah. The second is you have to pray five times a day towards Mecca, The third is you must fast during Ramadan. So on so forth. These are simple things which will guarentee you a spot in Heaven amongst God, nobody's choosing any lifestyle for you, just telling you to believe in God.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 12:31pm
Pretty Like Drugs:

Tough luck, honey, you're in one.

Athiesm has manymanymany flaws. More so than Christianity, I think.
The central flaw, of course, is that Athiesm has no structured beliefs. Only one, and that is "you don't believe in God, mmkai?". Every religion has some central, cornerstone beliefs which usually promote good. Christianity has The Law of Love and the Ten Commandments, for example. Athiesm has no such doctrines. Ergo, we have nothing to guide us, no standards to live by. And people need standards, generally.

Secondly, there are more Nihilists, cynics, high-school-shooters and generally depressed people in Athiesm than any other religion. We/They are generally cynical bastards, to put it nicely. Dammit, we just won't let people have fun. We tend to be jerks about everything happy, like Christmas or Ramadan or whatever.

Thirdly, no faith. Obvious, since no god=no faith, most of the time. And I seriously believe that having faith in something makes a person more at peace with themself and the world, and it makes them a nicer, more cheerful person.

Forthly. Athiesm is flawed because the majory of Athiests bitch at Christians constantly, and employ prejudice towards them a lot. Now we're back at the starting point, and the very reason I made this thread.

The end.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 16th, 2007 at 01:18pm
Bloodraine:
Pretty Like Drugs:

Tough luck, honey, you're in one.

Athiesm has manymanymany flaws. More so than Christianity, I think.
The central flaw, of course, is that Athiesm has no structured beliefs. Only one, and that is "you don't believe in God, mmkai?". Every religion has some central, cornerstone beliefs which usually promote good. Christianity has The Law of Love and the Ten Commandments, for example. Athiesm has no such doctrines. Ergo, we have nothing to guide us, no standards to live by. And people need standards, generally.

Secondly, there are more Nihilists, cynics, high-school-shooters and generally depressed people in Athiesm than any other religion. We/They are generally cynical bastards, to put it nicely. Dammit, we just won't let people have fun. We tend to be jerks about everything happy, like Christmas or Ramadan or whatever.

Thirdly, no faith. Obvious, since no god=no faith, most of the time. And I seriously believe that having faith in something makes a person more at peace with themself and the world, and it makes them a nicer, more cheerful person.

Forthly. Athiesm is flawed because the majory of Athiests bitch at Christians constantly, and employ prejudice towards them a lot. Now we're back at the starting point, and the very reason I made this thread.

The end.

That's akin to saying most people who bomb abortion clinics, attack gays, and kill abortion doctors are Christians.

Not to point out that many Christians bitch at other religions constantly and are prejudicial against them.

Atheism isn't a religion due to it's lack of faith and lack of structural dogma.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 01:56pm
druscilla; callmedru:
That's akin to saying most people who bomb abortion clinics, attack gays, and kill abortion doctors are Christians.

Not to point out that many Christians bitch at other religions constantly and are prejudicial against them.

Atheism isn't a religion due to it's lack of faith and lack of structural dogma.

Wow

I actually take that to be really, fucking, damn insulting.

I just got told my religion doesn't exist.

Thanks.

I wonder why they put my non-existant religion on pages like this.
Maybe its because it is a religion. A damn flawed one, but a religion at that.
Maybe you should research next time.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Bloodraine:
druscilla; callmedru:

Wow

I actually take that to be really, fucking, damn insulting.

I just got told my religion doesn't exist.

Thanks.

I wonder why they put my non-existant religion on pages like this.
Maybe its because it is a religion. A damn flawed one, but a religion at that.
Maybe you should research next time.
I agree with you. I think that Christians don't consider Atheism as a religion and thats why they tend to dislike it most of the time. I have studied about Atheism in Religion class and in Geography and I was given different meanings of it in each class. In Religion class I was taught that Atheists are non-believers, but in Geography I was told that they aren't non-believers, just that they don't believe in God. I know this sounds messed up, I cant explain it really, but to put it simple, our Geography teacher said it was a religion and our Religion teacher said it wasn't.

So Atheists are bad towards Christians cause Christians are bad towards them?
Register