ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 02:49pm
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

That's one of the main goals in all religions :\

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.

explain missionarys and why so much of the money that goes to churches go to trying to get more people to believe in god then.

Are you serious???? Missionaries go around the world to try and help people. One of the more important people in my life is a missionary and would NEVER try to push her religioun on anyone else. Please avoid stereotyping.
Ummmmm, where in the WORLD are you from???????? Money that goes to churches goes to: (a)Missionary trips to help: Hurricane victims(my brother was a part of that trip), people who live in 3rd world countries, etc..., (b)to pay the bills of the church and (c)to help keep the church up and running. So I have NO clue where you are getting your facts from, but they aren't right. I know enough people who work in churches and do Missionary trips to know that what you are saying isn't right.

uh huh....i have family who are VERY christian and go to mexico yearly....or did
they would go there and preach about jesus..and build them houses from cheap scraps.
Like...they'd go around preaching their religion.
Also, what about motels & hotels? they have bibles in the room! is this not pushing the religion?
commercials and tv shows...that's pushing it as well
some of the things might be subtle but they are there.

Oh my God! You are judging every Christian on earth based on some people you know? I want you to never argue with racism or homosexuality by claiming it's a stereotype, because you are doing the same thing to Christians.
Yes, hotels have Bibles. Everybody knows they are there, nobody is forced to look at them.
Commercials for churches try to get people to come to the church, yes. Certian TV shows that are ABOUT ministers/priests or where the plotline is based around religion, yes, the shows are about religion.
How are YOU not pushing your religion? How are you not generalizing all Christians by saying that all we do is use money to push religion?

Also, it is not a churches choice what TV shows are put on the air.

Please refrain from using stereotypes. Just because you have family who pushed religion, doesn't mean all missionaries do the same thing. That is just unfair to say.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 02:52pm
Mrs. Zacky Vengeance:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.

explain missionarys and why so much of the money that goes to churches go to trying to get more people to believe in god then.

Are you serious???? Missionaries go around the world to try and help people. One of the more important people in my life is a missionary and would NEVER try to push her religioun on anyone else. Please avoid stereotyping.
Ummmmm, where in the WORLD are you from???????? Money that goes to churches goes to: (a)Missionary trips to help: Hurricane victims(my brother was a part of that trip), people who live in 3rd world countries, etc..., (b)to pay the bills of the church and (c)to help keep the church up and running. So I have NO clue where you are getting your facts from, but they aren't right. I know enough people who work in churches and do Missionary trips to know that what you are saying isn't right.

uh huh....i have family who are VERY christian and go to mexico yearly....or did
they would go there and preach about jesus..and build them houses from cheap scraps.
Also, what about motels & hotels? they have bibles in the room! is this not pushing the religion?

And I know a few of my friend's who are missionaries and all they do is go round the country forcing their faith on others.
I'm not saying that's what all missionaries do, because I know that's bullshit. But it DOES happen ExtraordinaryGirl.

PLEASE don't put words in my mouth. I never ONCE said NOR thought that it DIDN'T happen. I just said it was stereotyping to say ALL missionaries do is push religion and that it was a personal insult to many people I know and care about to just write them off.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 02:54pm
Robot:
Bloodraine:
Robot:
if you can't back up god then don't be surprised when people dog you for believing in it.

I know that reply wasn't directed at me, but how indeed can you disprove God?. We can neither vouch for or against his/her/their existance.

most religiongs have faults that for some are so widespread.....if you believe in that religion....you would almost need to be retarded

I really wish that there was a way to report posts to moderaters. That was a double insult to ME: Saying I was retarded(actually, I do have a learning disability, so do many of my friends)and saying that it automatically made all Christians(including me, my best friend, my parents, my sister, my aunts, my grandfather......)"retarded" to be Christians.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 02:56pm
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I posted this on the Idiot Club(yeah, ignore the names.... lol):

What is calling people brainwashed idiots or pathetic athiests getting accomplished? All three of you need to learn to be respectfull of people's beliefs and opinions.

Just because someone doesn't believe in God, doesn't make them any less of a person than I- or anyone else who believes in God- am/are. Just because I believe in God, doesn't make me any less of a person than Lars, or Annie. Just because someone believes in Buddha, doesn't make them any less of a person. The list goes on.

A person's religious beliefs do not make them any less or more of a person. So please be respectfull of Christians, Muslims, Athiests, Buddhists, and ANYBODY else who has a different religious belief than you do.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad there are so many Athiests in the world," is making Methodists and other non-Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches who can't respect anyone.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad that there's so many brainwashed people following religion and corrupting this world," is making Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

All you're doing by saying: "God isn't real so no one should believe in him," is making all followers of a religioun that doesn't worship God look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

I know for a fact that not all Methodists are that way, nor are all Athiests, nor is any other "group of people." It's all a stereotype, and all you are doing by "defending" your beliefs is making that stereotype grow.

People don't have to believe in the same things as you to make that person worth your respect

you're right if you say stuff like that.....then you are being narrow minded.
but if you can actually back up that a god does exist....then no you aren't....same with being able to back up the non-existince of a god.

How is it possible to back up the existance of God and Jesus Christ? Or the non-existance. That would destroy the whole concept of faith.

if you can't back up god then don't be surprised when people dog you for believing in it.

I never once said I was surprised. I am not- never was, and never will be- surprised that there are narrow-minded people who can't respect other people's opinions in this world. That doesn't mean saying that Christians are retarded(read a little up in this thread)is right. That doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself and what I believe in.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 02:56pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Mrs. Zacky Vengeance:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:

And I know a few of my friend's who are missionaries and all they do is go round the country forcing their faith on others.
I'm not saying that's what all missionaries do, because I know that's bullshit. But it DOES happen ExtraordinaryGirl.

PLEASE don't put words in my mouth. I never ONCE said NOR thought that it DIDN'T happen. I just said it was stereotyping to say ALL missionaries do is push religion and that it was a personal insult to many people I know and care about to just write them off.

I didn't put any words in your mouth...I was telling you it happens. Confused
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 02:58pm
You were implying that I said that it didn't happen at all. That's the way I interperted it at least, what it looked like to me.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 02:58pm
Minority27:
*Blue Star*-GARBIEKINS!!:
Hmmmm...I've seen a lot of kids like that.

"You're a Christian?! You're really lame."

-walksaway-

If it wasn't for Christians, Christmas wouldn't exist. Am I on topic? Confused
I thought christmas was a pegan holiday Confused but it was celebrated by christians too though..

i'm probably wrong though..meh

Christmas was a pagan holiday, but it wasn't celebrated by Christians, becasue the Pagan holiday is on the 21st. And it was called Yule.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 03:00pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
You were implying that I said that it didn't happen at all. That's the way I interperted it at least, what it looked like to me.

And your post, to me, looked like it WAS implying that you said it didn't happen at all. Yes, I did interpret it as that, but my post didn't put words in your mouth.
And this is getting confusing now lmfao
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 03:10pm
Mrs. Zacky Vengeance:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

And your post, to me, looked like it WAS implying that you said it didn't happen at all. Yes, I did interpret it as that, but my post didn't put words in your mouth.

All I was trying to say was that it was wrong to say all missionaries do is push religion, and all money that goes to every church goes to trying to push religion. It just isn't true, and an unjust stereotype. The world isn't perfect, I know that, religions do get pushed- but a lot of Athiests I know say things like, 'You're dumb for believing in God because you push religion. You should be Athiest!' Confused Confused People act as if the only "perfect" religion is Athiesm, maybe for certian people, it is the perfect religion. Maybe for certian people(such as myself)Christianity is the right religion. The list goes on. It's completely unfair of people on here to be insulting all Christians by saying we are "retarded," OR insulting ALL people of any religion.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 03:13pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Mrs. Zacky Vengeance:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

All I was trying to say was that it was wrong to say all missionaries do is push religion, and all money that goes to every church goes to trying to push religion. It just isn't true, and an unjust stereotype. The world isn't perfect, I know that, religions do get pushed- but a lot of Athiests I know say things like, 'You're dumb for believing in God because you push religion. You should be Athiest!' Confused Confused People act as if the only "perfect" religion is Athiesm, maybe for certian people, it is the perfect religion. Maybe for certian people(such as myself)Christianity is the right religion. The list goes on. It's completely unfair of people on here to be insulting all Christians by saying we are "retarded," OR insulting ALL people of any religion.

Thankfully on here, I find most people aren't narrowminded to me at all. They pretty much accept me. If I mention my religion at all at home, or round school, or even in R.E classes, I get "evil" thrown at me. Rolling Eyes So I know how it feels. It's not right if people stereotype a religion as one thing, because no two people are alike..so how can a religion be the same for everyone.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 03:16pm
Exactly. I get attacked ALL the time on here if I even slightly mention my religion. The only place I seem to be allowed to have an opinion other than Billie Joe's opinions in the PMB.
The same thing happens when I try and talk about politics. People don't allow me to be a Republican on here, then they turn around on a racism thread and say that we should discriminate against any one group of people, we shouldn't judge anyone without getting to know them, etc..., basically they say all the things they do to me shouldn't be done. Then people get upset when I stand up for myself
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 03:23pm
Anyway, I need to go get ready for church(let's see how many attacks I get for that)but I'll continue defending myself and loved ones when I get back
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 03:26pm
Okay, byeee xx
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 03:27pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Woah there.

I honestly hope that isn't how you believe all atheists behave. I for one certainly do not. Personally, I do not believe in the existance of any supreme deities; God, Allah, Ganesh, Satan, i'm not singling out Christinas here. However, I fully accept that I may well be very wrong. Which is why, if a person chooses to worship God, then so be it and they are totally right in doing so. Just 'cause I don't believe in it doesn't make it wrong.

These atheists are totally out of order discriminating against you like that and should be ashamed.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 03:29pm
Bloodraine:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Woah there.

I honestly hope that isn't how you believe all atheists behave. I for one certainly do not. Personally, I do not believe in the existance of any supreme deities; God, Allah, Ganesh, Satan, i'm not singling out Christinas here. However, I fully accept that I may well be very wrong. Which is why, if a person chooses to worship God, then so be it and they are totally right in doing so. Just 'cause I don't believe in it doesn't make it wrong.

These atheists are totally out of order discriminating against you like that and should be ashamed.

She said "A lot of atheists I know". Not "A lot of atheists". Smile
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 03:33pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I know, but I was ensuring her that all atheists do not think that way. I wouldn't want her thinking these people are representative of every atheist who walks the earth.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 24th, 2005 at 04:52pm
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 05:15pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I know, but I was ensuring her that all atheists do not think that way. I wouldn't want her thinking these people are representative of every atheist who walks the earth.

I'm not a hypocryte. I was saying that a pretty good percentage of athiests that I talk to act like I should follow their religion because I push my religion on them, even though they are the ones telling me to follow their religion. Confused

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was generalizing, I didn't mean to. I have friends who are athiests, and also a lot of people I respect who have very different beliefs than mine, the only time I will ever lose respect for somebody based soley on religion, is if I have somebody either insulting everyone from a different religion, or trying to push their religion.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 05:17pm
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 05:33pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.

I was raised in a Christian family and I think that's PART of the reason I hate it actually. Because it was SHOVED down my fucking throat, and..GAH! It may seem strange to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.
Register