AuthorMessage
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 06:01pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.

I was raised in a Christian family and I think that's PART of the reason I hate it actually. Because it was SHOVED down my fucking throat, and..GAH! It may seem strange to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.

It is unfair to hate any religion. It's a stereotype and is completely unfair. Just because you know people who wanted you to be Christian doesn't make the religion evil. I have had plenty of religions shoved down my throat(mostly Athiesm)but I don't have ANY problem with the religion, or with Athiests. It is unfair to hate a religion. It's narrow-minded to hate a religion just because it's a certian religion.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 06:06pm
If you aren't Christian, fine. That makes no difference. Just please don't stereotype all Christians or automatically hate a religion just because you know people who tried to get you to follow that religion.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 06:22pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.

I was raised in a Christian family and I think that's PART of the reason I hate it actually. Because it was SHOVED down my fucking throat, and..GAH! It may seem strange to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.

It is unfair to hate any religion. It's a stereotype and is completely unfair. Just because you know people who wanted you to be Christian doesn't make the religion evil. I have had plenty of religions shoved down my throat(mostly Athiesm)but I don't have ANY problem with the religion, or with Athiests. It is unfair to hate a religion. It's narrow-minded to hate a religion just because it's a certian religion.

Whoaaa, I only said it was PART of the reason AND I said I hated Christianity, not Christians.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 08:56pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

That's one of the main goals in all religions :\

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.

explain missionarys and why so much of the money that goes to churches go to trying to get more people to believe in god then.

Are you serious???? Missionaries go around the world to try and help people. One of the more important people in my life is a missionary and would NEVER try to push her religioun on anyone else. Please avoid stereotyping.
Ummmmm, where in the WORLD are you from???????? Money that goes to churches goes to: (a)Missionary trips to help: Hurricane victims(my brother was a part of that trip), people who live in 3rd world countries, etc..., (b)to pay the bills of the church and (c)to help keep the church up and running. So I have NO clue where you are getting your facts from, but they aren't right. I know enough people who work in churches and do Missionary trips to know that what you are saying isn't right.

uh huh....i have family who are VERY christian and go to mexico yearly....or did
they would go there and preach about jesus..and build them houses from cheap scraps.
Like...they'd go around preaching their religion.
Also, what about motels & hotels? they have bibles in the room! is this not pushing the religion?
commercials and tv shows...that's pushing it as well
some of the things might be subtle but they are there.

Oh my God! You are judging every Christian on earth based on some people you know? I want you to never argue with racism or homosexuality by claiming it's a stereotype, because you are doing the same thing to Christians.
Yes, hotels have Bibles. Everybody knows they are there, nobody is forced to look at them.
Commercials for churches try to get people to come to the church, yes. Certian TV shows that are ABOUT ministers/priests or where the plotline is based around religion, yes, the shows are about religion.
How are YOU not pushing your religion? How are you not generalizing all Christians by saying that all we do is use money to push religion?

Also, it is not a churches choice what TV shows are put on the air.

Please refrain from using stereotypes. Just because you have family who pushed religion, doesn't mean all missionaries do the same thing. That is just unfair to say.

you are doing the same thing you claim i am except trying to make it seem like christians are all holy and good.
don't even compare racism and homosexuality with religion!
religion is a choice, race & sexual preference is not.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 09:19pm
How am I doing the same thing you are? You're saying you hate a religion. I don't hate groups, only people who earn it.

Racism is judging a group of people without getting to know them. Homosexuality is the same thing. Saying you hate a religion is the same thing.

Just because Christianity isn't the right religion for YOU doesn't make it evil. The same way as just because Athiesm isn't the right religion for me, doesn't make it evil. Or ANY other religion.

IT IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR TO HATE A RELIGION JUST BECAUSE IT'S THAT SPECIFIC RELIGION.

I don't care how you word it, judging ANYONE or ANYTHING without looking at ALL aspects of it(which isn't what you are doing)is completely unfair.

I never said I was perfect, or holy. Nobody is perfect except(with MY beliefs that YOU are judging)God and Jesus Christ.

I am not trying to make anything sound "Holy" or like a "Perfect Christian Statement," if it's coming out that way to you, then you are judging me and reading and seeing only what you want to read and see so that you can unfairly judge people and people's beliefs even more than you already have.

By hating a religion, how is that not connected to the people? You sure as hell seem to think less of me because I'm a Christian. As soon as I tried to defend NOT judging people based on their beliefs, you jumped all over me.
christie road
Addict
christie road
December 24th, 2005 at 09:37pm
Hello

I am christie road

I am Roman Catholic

I haven't read what is going on here but! i have a pretty good idea

I think it is sad that some of you are religion-ist

So to that i say Fuck You and have a Merry Christmas Cool
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 24th, 2005 at 09:41pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Racism is judging a group of people without getting to know them. Homosexuality is the same thing. Saying you hate a religion is the same thing.

Religion is a choice. Race and Sexuality is something you're born with. It's not the same thing.
christie road
Addict
christie road
December 24th, 2005 at 09:43pm
Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell Rock

http://www.always-safe.com/jinglerock.html
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 09:49pm
Faith:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Religion is a choice. Race and Sexuality is something you're born with. It's not the same thing.

It is judging a group of people based on a stereotype.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 24th, 2005 at 10:19pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Faith:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

It is judging a group of people based on a stereotype.

Hey, I'm not saying you're totally wrong with everything you said. I think hating all Christians in general is pretty damn stupid. But one has full right to hate Christianity, because it is a system of beliefs and if I don't agree with it and consider it wrong - I have a right to hate it.
So, obviously, a lot of people have a prejudiced attitude towards Christians, because they follow a certain system of beliefs. You're saying racism and homophobia are the same as a hate of religion, because it's judging people without knowing them. So, I'm just saying that that is not the same, because sexuality and race are inborn qualities, while religion is a system of beliefs that you follow - by claiming to be a Christian you already introduce ourself to people and give them a pretty big amount of information about yourself. You choose to be Christian, that means you believe in certain things, that already represents you as a certain type of person. While race and homosexuality give no information about the person. It's like hating someone for having been born with dark hair or a big nose.

Of course, when some priest says on TV: "Gays are all going to hell", that will make a lot of people hate all Christians 'cuz they perceive this announcement as a point of view of Christianity, hence all Christians. That might be wrong, but it's inevitable, because generalization is natural for people. But the whole trick here is that most of Christianity opposers don't hate Christians for being Christians, but for what they believe in. It's just that when one meets a true Christian, they sort of assume that this person believes in everything that is considered a part of the Christian religion, and that creates an attitude right away. When you follow a certain system of beliefs you should expect prejudice. That's just the way it is. When you say you belong to a certain interest group - you ask for an attitude. When I say I'm Liberal, I'm asking for homophobes and racists to hate me. Same thing with a religion. When you say you belong to a religious group - you're asking for an attitude, and you will get it.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
December 24th, 2005 at 10:42pm
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.
I agree. Sometimes I think my Christian friend doesn't respect the fact that I'm an Atheist enough
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 12:40am
Actually, you are saying I'm wrong. You're saying my religion is evil, even if not in those exact words. Which is unfair and narrow-minded and stereotypical.

No, you don't have the right to unjustly hate a religion. It is unfair to hate a religion just because of a stereotype. No matter how you say you hate it, it's unfair.

YOU ARE HATING A SPECIFIC GROUP UNJUSTLY WITHOUT HAVING A BACKING REASON OTHER THAN "IT'S BEEN SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT" RACISM IS HATING A GROUP OF PEOPLE UNJUSTLY AS IS HOMOPHOBIA.

I never introduced myself as a Christian. When religion is brought up, yes, I tell people my beliefs and stick up for myself. My religion does not defign me. Some of the people closest to me in life don't even know if I believe in ANY kind of God. So don't judge me based on my PERSONAL beliefs.

Hating me because I'm a Christian is very similar to hating somebody because they are black. The only difference is, I chose WHAT IS BEST FOR ME as opposed to being born that way. Actually, I am born with something set as being BEST FOR ME so DON'T judge me based on MY PERSONAL BELIEFS.

Saying that all Christian's believe the same exact thing as every other Christian is UNFAIR AND UNJUST STEREOTYPING.

I KNOW people have a certian STEREOTYPE of Christians. That is what I am argueing. That stereotyping is unjust and not right and shouldn't happen. If you disagree with that- I don't even know WHAT to suggest for you.

Um, how am I asking for an attitude? I am trying to stop people from insulting me- people were insulting ME without me even POSTING here. If I had been asking for an attitude, I would have said this: Fuck all fucking athiests the dumbass retards. Not this: Respect people's opinions, don't call all Christians retards, don't unjustly hate a group of people.

I should not have to deal with prejiduce just because my beliefs are not yours. You shouldn't have to deal with prejiduce just because your beliefs are different than someone elses. AS I HAVE SAID MMMMMAAAAANNNNYYYYYYYY times: I KNOW that there are narrow-minded idiots who stereotype out there, that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. That also doesn't mean I'm not going to stand up for the fact that everybody should have equal rights, and everybody should be treated with the same amount of respect- despite their religion.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 25th, 2005 at 01:02am
Pretty Like Drugs:
poison_fish:
I agree. Sometimes I think my Christian friend doesn't respect the fact that I'm an Atheist enough
What does she do? Shove her religion down your throat?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 25th, 2005 at 01:08am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I KNOW people have a certian STEREOTYPE of Christians. That is what I am argueing. That stereotyping is unjust and not right and shouldn't happen. If you disagree with that- I don't even know WHAT to suggest for you.

They judge Christians and some judge wiccans[ex] as being evil. I hate when some people judge christians as being hypocritcal because I am personally not a hypocrite about things. People do that with wiccans. "Oh youre a wiccan?!?! You devil worshiper!" See it happens with every religion. People judge oh so very quickly. [didnt want to offened any one with that example]
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 01:15am
I know it happens with every religion. Which is why I have tried to make sure to put '-and every religion-' or something along those lines in my post.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 25th, 2005 at 01:23am
I don't unjustly hate a religion. I don't unjustly hate anything. If I hate something - I have a reason for that. I hate religion for a certain reason, for a number of reason.
If you say we all have common rights and then you tell me that I have no right to disagree with your religious beliefs....how are you not hypocritic?
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 25th, 2005 at 02:05am
Faith:
I don't unjustly hate a religion. I don't unjustly hate anything. If I hate something - I have a reason for that. I hate religion for a certain reason, for a number of reason.
If you say we all have common rights and then you tell me that I have no right to disagree with your religious beliefs....how are you not hypocritic?

Smile agreed 100%
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 03:22am
There is no just reason to hate something that is uncomprehendable.

You have every right to disagree with me. You do not- however- have the same right to insult me, insult my beliefs, disrespect me, disrespect my beliefs, insulting and disrespecting some of the most important people in my life, as well as discriminating against people for the simple reason that they have different beliefs than you.

Have you not read it the twenty+ times I've said I don't care if you have the same beliefs as mine? Have whatever beliefs you want, but don't hate others for having different beliefs, don't be disrespectfull just because you don't agree.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 03:25am
Oh, and as I have ALSO said several times, that goes for everyone. I don't have the right to disrespect all Muslims just because they are Muslim, or all Athiests just because they are Athiests, or all Wiccans just because they are Wiccans- or ANY other religion JUST because it is THAT religion.

I have plenty of reasons to stereotype all Muslims or Athiests(9/11, having Athiesm shoved down my throat)but that doesn't give me the RIGHT to discriminate. That's unjust stereotyping, which I avoid.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 03:28am
That's how I'm not a hypocryte. Whatever judgements I am making on you are based on what you are saying, not on what your religious beliefs are.
Register