Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 26th, 2005 at 10:56pm
KJ*Kisack*and*BJ*Arm:
hey, i'm a christian

Y'know something sad, if someone came on here and just said "Hey I'm a Luciferian Satanist" or whatever, they'd have been shot down in flames, being called attention whores or whatever off a few people. That's really sad. ;_;
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 11:17pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
KJ*Kisack*and*BJ*Arm:
hey, i'm a christian

Y'know something sad, if someone came on here and just said "Hey I'm a Luciferian Satanist" or whatever, they'd have been shot down in flames, being called attention whores or whatever off a few people. That's really sad. ;_;

Actually, I'm surprised nobody has jumped all over you yet. Although, KJ, you have already lost the respect of some people on here.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 26th, 2005 at 11:58pm
*Blue Star*-GARBIEKINS!!:
Alot of Christians I've met don't swear or drink and stuff...so people in my school think they're lame. And you guys probably all know how teenagers these days hate people for being lame and different Rolling Eyes

I don't mind Christians...I just avoid them when they say stuff to me like,"Can you stop swearing?"...because I just can't help it sometimes.
I swear and drink and I'm a Christian, the Bible never says anythign against it
it says don't be vulgar, so as long as I use cuss words in moderation for non-vulgar purposes (such as being angry and yelling 'shit') it's not vulgarity

drinking is because most Christians (instead of reading the Bible) assume that being goody two shoes is Christian

but I read the Bible and found the loopholes that make life better

(the Bible never says you can't be gay, you just can't have gay sex, which shouldn't bother anyone at this age anyway; but Billie Joe and pop culture didn't tell you that, so you don't listen
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 27th, 2005 at 12:45am
You do consider everyone except yourself completely brainless idiots, don't you?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 27th, 2005 at 01:17am
Faith:
You do consider everyone except yourself completely brainless idiots, don't you?

Did I call anyone a brainless idiot?
I just don't respect you because of how you judge people.
I have already said I respect a lot of people on this forum. A lot of people have proved they are very mature, respectable people. You are not one of them.
Anyway, I just wanted to clear up you judging me based on what you are pretending I've said.

Please, if somebody wants to make an intellegent post and have an intellegent, respectable arguement, do it. Eventually the stereotypical comments will die out.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 27th, 2005 at 01:53am
Geez, I wasn't talking to you, EG. Use some ice on that ego - might help with the swelling.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 27th, 2005 at 03:02am
lmfao

I'm sorry, that is just quite possibly the funniest saying I've ever heard.
franzi
franzi
December 27th, 2005 at 06:34am
spill_no_sick:
Alot of Christians I've met don't swear or drink and stuff...so people in my school think they're lame. And you guys probably all know how teenagers these days hate people for being lame and different Rolling Eyes

I don't mind Christians...I just avoid them when they say stuff to me like,"Can you stop swearing?"...because I just can't help it sometimes.
it says don't be vulgar, so as long as I use cuss words in moderation for non-vulgar purposes (such as being angry and yelling 'shit') it's not vulgarity

drinking is because most Christians (instead of reading the Bible) assume that being goody two shoes is Christian

(the Bible never says you can't be gay, you just can't have gay sex, which shouldn't bother anyone at this age anyway; but Billie Joe and pop culture didn't tell you that, so you don't listen

how is this 'loophole' saying only gay sex isnt allowed making it easier?
ok maybe for you, assuming you arent gay
but what about the other gays?
certainly does not make it easier for them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2005 at 10:44am
franzi:
spill_no_sick:

Its like buying a kid a toy and not letting them play with it. That's what it is.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 27th, 2005 at 01:56pm
franzi:
spill_no_sick:

Honestly, where I stand with the whole "being gay is an abomination" thing is this:
In the same book of the Bible that says sleeping with a member of the same sex is an abomination, it also says that wearing two articles of clothing made from a different fabric is an abomination.
If times haven't changed enough for gay men and lesbians to be treated like humans, then the times haven't changed enough for people to wear denim jeans and a cotton shirt.
Back when The Bible was written, women's main porpus was to cook, clean, and have children. That isn't the case anymore.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2005 at 01:59pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Honestly, where I stand with the whole "being gay is an abomination" thing is this:
In the same book of the Bible that says sleeping with a member of the same sex is an abomination, it also says that wearing two articles of clothing made from a different fabric is an abomination.
If times haven't changed enough for gay men and lesbians to be treated like humans, then the times haven't changed enough for people to wear denim jeans and a cotton shirt.
Back when The Bible was written, women's main porpus was to cook, clean, and have children. That isn't the case anymore.

I never knew that...Do you know whereabouts in the Bible this is written? because it could come in useful next time I have a debate in RE.
basketcase17
King For A Couple Of Days
basketcase17
December 27th, 2005 at 05:29pm
i have to admit here, i do often show disrespect for christianty. Maybe its the whole idea of a god that loves us all, and makes everything ridiculous,perhaps because im so sick of people believing in a good that supposdly loves us all when he allows bad things to happen, maybe its because i dont believe in a lot of what it says, and it isnt the way i think. I was brought up to believe that all religon was shit, and christians were crazy. I dont go to that extent, i have a good friend who is christian and i dont think christians are crazy. I just really find no interest or patience with christianity.
basketcase17
basketcase17
December 27th, 2005 at 05:42pm
Bloodraine if you are arguing in a debate about christianity, i found a Genesis 19 really useful as it shows a lot of anti homosexual stuff, and frequently uses the term "sodomite" [meaning homosexual people as you have probarbly guessed]. Basically God kills a whole city because he is informed of homosexual inhabitants having gay sex. Its a heartwarming story.
basketcase17
basketcase17
December 27th, 2005 at 05:53pm
Genesis 8:21
God describes the sweet scent after the great flood.

Jesus told the disciples to bring before Him any man who didn't believe in Him, and to violently slaughter the non-believer while Jesus watched
Luke 19:27

Jesus killed one man by having his body eaten by a swarm of worms because the man failed to give Jesus His due (Acts 12:23)

Jesus struck a Jew blind for thwarting His teachings (Acts 13:8-11)

He struck a man dumb for failing to listen well (Luke 1:20).

He took the lives of a husband and wife by scaring them to death for not forking over all the money they made on a real estate transaction
(Acts 5:1-10)

He even killed a fig tree for failing to bear figs, even though Jesus knew figs weren't in season (Mark 11:12-14). Jesus means business!

Those who have sexual thoughts for people other than their spouses are to gouge out their eyes (Mark 9:43-47)

As a lesson to youngsters who fail to be seen and not heard, God sent a bear to maul to death a couple dozen children who had teased a bald man (2 Kings 2:23-24).

God threw the lessons out the window and killed every man, woman, child and infant on the planet (except Noah's family) with a Great Flood (Genesis 7:23)

God told the Israelites to kill all the men and rape the women and children in the towns they invaded (Deuteronomy 20:13-16).

God told the Israelites to take any child who dared to disobey his parents to the town square and hurl stones at his body and head until the tot's corpse was lifeless (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)."

And what happens to sinners since they cannot enter Heaven?
(Matthew 13:41-42, 50)

will take "vengeance on them that know not God" by burning them forever "in flaming fire" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).

(Revelation 9:7-10). Come Judgment Day, the Lord will create horse-like locusts will human heads, women's hair, lion's teeth and scorpion's tails which will sting and inflict savage pain on sinners for five months

He inspires, the world will be covered in unburied dead bodies, rotting everywhere(Revelation 11:5-10)

Meanwhile, the smoke of the burning, rotting bodies will ascend and plague the Earth forever (Revelation 14:10-11).

And the smell will attract scavenger birds who will feast upon "the supper of the great God" (Revelation 19:17-1Cool

I could go on. Isnt God a bloody great bloke!......
Ilse
Ilse
December 27th, 2005 at 08:18pm
I don't hate Christians. In fact, I am one. Although, I don't practice the religion other than in prayer.

But what grinds my gears about Christianity are the Die-hard ones. It's not wrong to be uber-religious but don't tell me I'm going to end up in hell because I don't go to church, AND quit inviting me to you damn lock-in!!!!!!!!!
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 27th, 2005 at 08:30pm
Praying isn't necessarily a religious thing - it's more of something you do out of faith. I don't think it's right to call yourself Christian unless you know what you're talking about. You know, it's like calling yourself a fan of a band you don't own any albums of... (JMHO)
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 27th, 2005 at 10:17pm
Bloodraine:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I never knew that...Do you know whereabouts in the Bible this is written? because it could come in useful next time I have a debate in RE.

It's in Levitcus somewhere. I first heard about it on West Wing, there's a pretty good amount of rules that really don't pertain to life in the twenty-first century.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 27th, 2005 at 11:00pm
In My Mothers Words
Atheists are people who take a shit and if they dont see it in the toilet bowl they wont believe what happened to them until they wipe their ass and see shit on their hands! Now thats what atheists are sorta about.....along the lines of that.

o_o I thought that was mean. She is sort of hypocritical, but she doesnt believe in religion she only believes in God.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 27th, 2005 at 11:38pm
Sheepo@_@:
In My Mothers Words
Atheists are people who take a shit and if they dont see it in the toilet bowl they wont believe what happened to them until they wipe their ass and see shit on their hands! Now thats what atheists are sorta about.....along the lines of that.

o_o I thought that was mean. She is sort of hypocritical, but she doesnt believe in religion she only believes in God.

Atheists don't believe in religion. No one ever said being an Atheist means not believing in God. Give your mother a dictionary...
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 28th, 2005 at 12:12am
That's just stupid...Is your mom serious?
I think you mistyped some stuff.
*Give your mother a brain...
Register