Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 12:19am
Those are her exact words. I didnt add a thing! o_o
I dont really take her seriously anymore. She forces alot on me and then she turns around does the exact opposite with herself. ;_;
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
December 28th, 2005 at 12:23am
i saw a comedy show, last laugh 05 i think. and this guy was like, "you stupid christians didnt pray enough, now we got hurricanes, gas prices, bush in office!!"

crazy stuff lol
Vanity and Death
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity and Death
December 28th, 2005 at 12:48am
An atheist is someone who denies the fact that there is a God.

An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no evidence to prove that God exists, but does not deny all possibility that God exists.
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 03:48am
personally i used to be more umm "in to" faith
like when i was younger i would go to church every wed. and stuff now i dont go at all and personally dont care and my mom tells me "im not going to make you do anything you dont want to " so yea.....i really dont know how to comment on this subject
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 28th, 2005 at 08:03am
she is synthetic.:
An atheist is someone who denies the fact that there is a God.

An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no evidence to prove that God exists, but does not deny all possibility that God exists.

You know, I clearly remember reading that Atheism is denying religion, but now I scanned around dictionaties, and you're right (I am sooo sorry for my previous post Rolling Eyes ) - it is denying God.
Well, then apparently, I'm not an Atheist Confused

Still, that comment of Sheepo's mother...You know, genius people, inventors and really good scientists also question everything. So, it's not like it's such a horrible thing, you know...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 10:27am
Sheepo@_@:
In My Mothers Words
Atheists are people who take a shit and if they dont see it in the toilet bowl they wont believe what happened to them until they wipe their ass and see shit on their hands! Now thats what atheists are sorta about.....along the lines of that.

o_o I thought that was mean. She is sort of hypocritical, but she doesnt believe in religion she only believes in God.

Your mother is almost right there. But I would beg to differ. Its not the fact that I don't believe in anything unless I see it, more the fact that I need cast Iron proof to the existance of a supreme being. I, you, your mother, none of us on earth have that. Perhaps i'm just more cynical. However, although I do not personally believe in this supreme being I am willing to accept he/she/they may have/do exist. None of us are in a position to know if God(s) exists untill we are dead.
Vanity and Death
Vanity and Death
December 28th, 2005 at 03:29pm
In the Bible, the future is mentioned. That, in the future, people will be labeled with barcodes. The Bible was written before barcodes were even in use, obviously.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 28th, 2005 at 04:01pm
she is synthetic.:
In the Bible, the future is mentioned. That, in the future, people will be labeled with barcodes. The Bible was written before barcodes were even in use, obviously.

Take into consideration: Jesus Christ. Not really a human, his father is God. :/

Then look at the Holocaust. Were the Jews not basically labeled as barcodes? The only "names" they had being numbers.
Vanity and Death
Vanity and Death
December 28th, 2005 at 04:59pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
she is synthetic.:

Take into consideration: Jesus Christ. Not really a human, his father is God. :/

Then look at the Holocaust. Were the Jews not basically labeled as barcodes? The only "names" they had being numbers.
One of the first verses of the Bible contradicts what you say. It said that God created man in his own image. So he is an all knowing "human". And besides, Jesus was conceived by the virgin Mary, who was human. Jesus was just an ordinary person with extroardinary gifts. If he were to walk the streets, you'd think he was like you or me. I think that's what I'm getting at... And we're learning about Anne Frank right now; a required read over Winter Break. We also went to the Museum of Tolerance during October...
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 28th, 2005 at 06:10pm
His own IMAGE. Image is appearance. God did not give humans the power he has. Jesus Christ DID have the powers. God is not really a human, yes, he supposedly appears to be a human, but if he were a human, he would not have been able to create the planet. You also said what I was mainly getting at, Jesus was just an ordinary person with extroardinary gifts. If the gifts he had allowed him to heal, why not be able to give a slight overview of the future.

Basically what I was getting at is that what The Bible said about the future did- in a way- turn out to be true. For a period of time, some people were labelled as barcodes.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 28th, 2005 at 09:44pm
My mom has also mentioned about the barcodes.
Like implanted micro chips to contain all your information. o_o It seems to me that would be losing some of your freedom correct me if Im wrong...
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 29th, 2005 at 08:39pm
Faith:
Praying isn't necessarily a religious thing - it's more of something you do out of faith. I don't think it's right to call yourself Christian unless you know what you're talking about. You know, it's like calling yourself a fan of a band you don't own any albums of... (JMHO)
Wait. No. You can't tell someone if they're Christian or not. People practice Christianity in different ways and believe different things. =/ And someone can be a fan of a band and not own any albums from them. Just because someone doesn't own an album from a band doesn't mean they can't enjoy that band's music.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 29th, 2005 at 08:43pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Bloodraine:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Honestly, where I stand with the whole "being gay is an abomination" thing is this:
In the same book of the Bible that says sleeping with a member of the same sex is an abomination, it also says that wearing two articles of clothing made from a different fabric is an abomination.
If times haven't changed enough for gay men and lesbians to be treated like humans, then the times haven't changed enough for people to wear denim jeans and a cotton shirt.
Back when The Bible was written, women's main porpus was to cook, clean, and have children. That isn't the case anymore.

I never knew that...Do you know whereabouts in the Bible this is written? because it could come in useful next time I have a debate in RE.

It's in Levitcus somewhere. I first heard about it on West Wing, there's a pretty good amount of rules that really don't pertain to life in the twenty-first century.
Dude. Leviticus was repealed for Christianity. That's the same section of the bible that says you have to remain kosher. Which is a Jewish thing. Because they only go by the old testament. o_O Yeah.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 29th, 2005 at 08:53pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
she is synthetic.:

Jesus was indeed a human. In the flesh. And according to most versions of Christianity, God and Jesus are one in the same. Even though Jesus is always refered to as "the son of God", it's really meant that it's just another form of the one and only true God. The human form.
Kiru
Geek
Kiru
December 29th, 2005 at 08:56pm
Maybe I'm off here, but might the hate against Christians have something to do with Bush?

I mean, there's a huge anti-Bush fad going on.

And Bush did start that whole War on Terror thing with a little subtext about Christianity.

They gave Islam a bad name, so he has to fire right back and give Christianity a bad name.

...I know you're somewhere else by now, just thought I'd say my piece.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 29th, 2005 at 09:09pm
Kiru:
Maybe I'm off here, but might the hate against Christians have something to do with Bush?

And Bush did start that whole War on Terror thing with a little subtext about Christianity.

They gave Islam a bad name, so he has to fire right back and give Christianity a bad name.

I doubt it has anything to do with Bush.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 29th, 2005 at 09:29pm
Sheepo@_@:
Kiru:

Well, he triggers it, you know. After what he tried to do to our Constitution (I mean the gay marriage thing) it sort of initiates the clash. Even though it's not all Christians that want this, it still awakes the conflict. Not sure about the war though... Confused
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 29th, 2005 at 09:33pm
Faith:
Sheepo@_@:
Kiru:

Well, he triggers it, you know. After what he tried to do to our Constitution (I mean the gay marriage thing) it sort of initiates the clash. Even though it's not all Christians that want this, it still awakes the conflict. Not sure about the war though... Confused
The people at my dad's church are fucking crazy about that gay marraige thing. They sell signs for your lawn that say "Marraige = 1 man + 1 woman". o_o A lot of their sermons at the very least mention something about how being gay is wrong or how gay couples shouldn't be allowed to have children or get married. And my dad and step mom's opinions on the subject reflect what they hear every week at church.

My step sister and I have been planning on going there late one Saturday night and tape our own signs over it that say "Bob + Ted" with hearts on it. (:
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 29th, 2005 at 09:36pm
fancy pants:

My step sister and I have been planning on going there late one Saturday night and tape our own signs over it that say "Bob + Ted" with hearts on it. (:

Awesome!
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 29th, 2005 at 10:26pm
Makes me think that religion and politics should never go together O_O
Register