Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
January 4th, 2006 at 05:29pm
oh no, in my speech at school, sorry for the mix up.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 05:33pm
Billie_joes_insomniac1352:

Thank god for that...I thought I was going crazy Laughing

Great minds think alike eh?
...Mike.&.Ike...
Idiot
...Mike.&.Ike...
January 4th, 2006 at 05:53pm
i think its jut the owner.
my friend has a pitbull and it is very gentle
...Mike.&.Ike...
Idiot
...Mike.&.Ike...
January 4th, 2006 at 05:54pm
the are not actualy banned completly, they have to be spayed/nudered(sp?) and have to be on leashes
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 4th, 2006 at 06:37pm
...Mike.&.Ike...:
the are not actualy banned completly, they have to be spayed/nudered(sp?) and have to be on leashes

& they have to be muzzled. It is still bad though, because once this generation of pitbulls have gone, then Ontario will be pitbull free.
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 4th, 2006 at 06:37pm
Bloodraine:
Billie_joes_insomniac1352:

Thank god for that...I thought I was going crazy Laughing

Great minds think alike eh?

Lol you're not going crazy...I am. And yes, great minds do think alike Laughing
Kitteh
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kitteh
January 19th, 2006 at 12:55am
I don't neccessarily think that's all around fair

For one, pitbulls are natural attackers, like dobermans or rotweilers

Natural attackers? I don't know, my pit bull, Peg has never attacked anyone in her life...my boyfriend has also owned a couple of pit bulls in his life and they've never harmed anyone or anything (well except for fleas...but what dog doesn't attack those things?).

On another note, I found some VERY interesting information in a book about the American Pit bull Terrier and Staffordshire terrier breeds...an official book...it says and I quote "2/3 of all reported 'pit bull' attacks aren't really done by pit bull terriers at all, but by similiar looking breeds. Pit bull terriers are often blamed for attacks caused by boxers, american bull dogs, english bull dogs, and chinese sharpei dogs."

I think this banning of the breed bullshit, myself. Just because SOME fucking asshole PEOPLE train their pitbulls to be mean, doesn't mean ALL of them are...dogs are TAUGHT how to fight other dogs to the death, they're TAUGHT to be vicious towards humans and other animals, they're not BORN that way. I hate ignorance.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
February 25th, 2006 at 05:19pm
it really sucked i had to move
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 06:40pm
i know soem onewhos got a pit bull and he ties it to a tree and kicks it to make it nasty. Like some one said earlier its the owners not the dog.
xXxFallen AngelxXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXxFallen AngelxXx
February 25th, 2006 at 07:15pm
its all about the way any type of dog is cared for which determines the way it acts.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 07:17pm
xXxFallen AngelxXx:
its all about the way any type of dog is cared for which determines the way it acts.

my point exactly.
xXxFallen AngelxXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXxFallen AngelxXx
February 25th, 2006 at 07:29pm
fair enough certain dogs are bred for certian things but the dogs need to be trained to do so. did that make any sense? lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 07:31pm
xXxFallen AngelxXx:
fair enough certain dogs are bred for certian things but the dogs need to be trained to do so. did that make any sense? lol

yeah perfect sense..
xXxFallen AngelxXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXxFallen AngelxXx
February 25th, 2006 at 07:38pm
what will the government try to get rid of next eh? lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 07:40pm
xXxFallen AngelxXx:
what will the government try to get rid of next eh? lol

lets hope BIRDS!! Euk "shivers"
TresFine
TresFine
February 25th, 2006 at 10:29pm
how stupid of them to ban pitbulls in that part of canada.those people should realize its not the dogs full at all.it all started because some idoit beat and starved his pitbull so the pitbull attacked his owner.of course because the poor dog was abused.its not the dog thats bad its the owners that are.trying to make themselfs look innocent.pst
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
February 25th, 2006 at 11:03pm
well i guess im the only one who supports it...
itsa good idea no one needs an animal with a locking jaw anyway nuthin but a penis extention...
Tyler
Tyler
February 26th, 2006 at 12:05am
wait just one second....BANNING a type of dog? what the fuck?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 01:10am
I have two pitt bulls, and I'll be the first to admitt, they can be very dangerous dogs when they are not properly taken care of. they require alot of patience and disipline. The are touchy and they can be very irritable, its in their genetics. However, banning them is ignorant. If you do take care of it properly, and you give it a stable enviorment, it will be one of the most loving, bets dogs you ever had. Pitt Bulls are very attatched to their owners, which makes them protective, so they get nervous around other people, and they are already associated with being vicious, so that isnt helping them any. I think its stupid to ban a perfectly calm dog based on stereotypical views. I would be miserable without my dogs.
Kitteh
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kitteh
February 26th, 2006 at 01:15pm
Actually, $Perb$, Pitbulls do not have locking jaws at all; that is one of the biggest myths related to the breed. The thing is that when they DO get ahold of something, they're a very determined breed, so they are usually (not always) very determined to hold onto whatever they have ahold of, good or bad.

Getting back on topic, I think that the banning is completely useless, because once they ban pits, people are gonna find another breed of strong dog and train it to fight, then that breed will get banned...before you know it dogs period will be banned, because any dog can be trained to fight.
Register