Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 26th, 2006 at 02:39pm
ok so what should we do with all the Pitt BUlls out there, put them all to sleep? Because surley that would be cruela swell/
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 26th, 2006 at 02:47pm
im a way it is to save the animal
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 26th, 2006 at 02:49pm
!nsomn!ac punk:

but if we ban all these Dogs who lets be fair are only vicious because the owners make them that way what should we do with them? There are many many mnay pitt bulls out there who are not nasty at all.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 03:36pm
Morbid kitten:
Actually, $Perb$, Pitbulls do not have locking jaws at all; that is one of the biggest myths related to the breed. The thing is that when they DO get ahold of something, they're a very determined breed, so they are usually (not always) very determined to hold onto whatever they have ahold of, good or bad.

Getting back on topic, I think that the banning is completely useless, because once they ban pits, people are gonna find another breed of strong dog and train it to fight, then that breed will get banned...before you know it dogs period will be banned, because any dog can be trained to fight.

Actually Pitt Bulls do have locking jaws, thats a characteristic of their breed. Wink Is that any reason to ban them? No. I have two of them, Jango and laya (my dads a star wars freak)

And yes, they are vicious dogs, just yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch and they attacked me with kisses and wagging tails. Rolling Eyes

It makes me so mad when stuff like this happens. German Sheppards, Dalmations, Dobermen, ect. They are all capable of being extremly vicious, but any dog is going to be vicious when it isnt raised properly. The only reasons pitt bulls were banned is becuase of the horrible image they carry.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 27th, 2006 at 12:31pm
Magne:
!nsomn!ac punk:

but if we ban all these Dogs who lets be fair are only vicious because the owners make them that way what should we do with them? There are many many mnay pitt bulls out there who are not nasty at all.

true true
they are dogs that have a write to live
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 06:45pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:
Actually, $Perb$, Pitbulls do not have locking jaws at all; that is one of the biggest myths related to the breed. The thing is that when they DO get ahold of something, they're a very determined breed, so they are usually (not always) very determined to hold onto whatever they have ahold of, good or bad.

Getting back on topic, I think that the banning is completely useless, because once they ban pits, people are gonna find another breed of strong dog and train it to fight, then that breed will get banned...before you know it dogs period will be banned, because any dog can be trained to fight.

Actually Pitt Bulls do have locking jaws, thats a characteristic of their breed. Wink Is that any reason to ban them? No. I have two of them, Jango and laya (my dads a star wars freak)

And yes, they are vicious dogs, just yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch and they attacked me with kisses and wagging tails. Rolling Eyes

It makes me so mad when stuff like this happens. German Sheppards, Dalmations, Dobermen, ect. They are all capable of being extremly vicious, but any dog is going to be vicious when it isnt raised properly. The only reasons pitt bulls were banned is becuase of the horrible image they carry.

AWW!! I want a pitt bull we spend so much time out the house it wouldnt be fair. And i think my 6yr old would love it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 27th, 2006 at 07:07pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:

AWW!! I want a pitt bull we spend so much time out the house it wouldnt be fair. And i think my 6yr old would love it.

Actually, pit bulls are fairly good on their own, and they are great with children. I wouldnt advise you to get a puppy if you cant be there alot, like any puppy, they like to chew, but maybe adopt an older one. It might be shy at first, but they warm up.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 07:09pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:

Actually, pit bulls are fairly good on their own, and they are great with children. I wouldnt advise you to get a puppy if you cant be there alot, like any puppy, they like to chew, but maybe adopt an older one. It might be shy at first, but they warm up.

why cant they ban somthing horrible like BIRDS??? They give me the creeps BIG TIME!!!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 27th, 2006 at 07:11pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:

why cant they ban somthing horrible like BIRDS??? They give me the creeps BIG TIME!!!

No way, Im terrified of birds and everyone laughs at me! They scare me beyond all beliebe, now I know Im not alone Cool
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 07:13pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:

No way, Im terrified of birds and everyone laughs at me! They scare me beyond all beliebe, now I know Im not alone Cool

my kids thinks its great to run into a group opf birds making fly towards me to see me scream do your friends do that to you? And your not alone. And i live by the seaside so i get loads of seagulls flying around town. Makes me shiver just thinking about them.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 27th, 2006 at 07:14pm
my friends make ducks chase me when were at the park. Ducks are just creepy, the way they waddle, I have goosebumps thinking about it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 07:15pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
my friends make ducks chase me when were at the park. Ducks are just creepy, the way they waddle, I have goosebumps thinking about it.

ducks are nice with orange sauce. HE HE!!
steady riot.
steady riot.
February 27th, 2006 at 09:28pm
Gah I hate birds too. I am terrifief of them. Doesn't help that my grandmother has 14 cockitiels O_O
back on topic...It's horrible now in Ontario...you sya you have a pitbull to someone, and they gasp. The media had brought the breed down so much. When the law first started in August, if the pitbulls that were in the kennels weren't adopted in a month, they would be put to sleep. So, now half the pitbulls there, who were probably great dogs, are dead. We cannot bring new pitbulls intop Ontario. It's idiotic. They think this is going to solve dog attacks, when it's not. It's going to backlash soon.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
February 27th, 2006 at 10:06pm
^Omigosh , that's so sad!
I think that's a really stupid law, and if the lawmakers REALLY think that will help somehow, they've got serious issues.
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
February 27th, 2006 at 10:50pm
its not fair that they put the whole species together in one category being dangerous.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 28th, 2006 at 05:56am
Kym! At the Disco:
Gah I hate birds too. I am terrifief of them. Doesn't help that my grandmother has 14 cockitiels O_O
back on topic...It's horrible now in Ontario...you sya you have a pitbull to someone, and they gasp. The media had brought the breed down so much. When the law first started in August, if the pitbulls that were in the kennels weren't adopted in a month, they would be put to sleep. So, now half the pitbulls there, who were probably great dogs, are dead. We cannot bring new pitbulls intop Ontario. It's idiotic. They think this is going to solve dog attacks, when it's not. It's going to backlash soon.

One way they could stop dog attacks is not let every one have a dog, i mean if you have a record for seriously violent crimes then , no dog for you, also i think that there should be people who look into homes that the dogs are going to go into to.

Also perhaps there shouldbe a dog licence so that not everyone will get a dog, you wouldnt buy a gun without a licence would you?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 11:32am
well durr.:
its not fair that they put the whole species together in one category being dangerous.

I agree with this statement.

It's like wolves and wolf dogs being banned in places in America. Believe you me, it is the owner who makes a violent animal; either through neglect, mis-treatment or just not being observant enough of the animal.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 28th, 2006 at 12:25pm
Bloodraine:
well durr.:

I agree with this statement.

It's like wolves and wolf dogs being banned in places in America. Believe you me, it is the owner who makes a violent animal; either through neglect, mis-treatment or just not being observant enough of the animal.
that's all true
it just shouldn't happen
pll make an animal who they are
they could be born harmless but made dangerous
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 12:35pm
!nsomn!ac punk:

All animals are born harmless, true. Pitt Bulls, Wolf Dogs, even the most savage of beasts is born small, blind, vulnerable and tame.

Humans make the animals into what they are, and then the poor things have to suffer for our mistakes. People on this very thread have said how good/tame/gentle their pitt bulls are, which just goes to show when a good owner cares for them they make great pets.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 28th, 2006 at 12:45pm
Bloodraine:
!nsomn!ac punk:

All animals are born harmless, true. Pitt Bulls, Wolf Dogs, even the most savage of beasts is born small, blind, vulnerable and tame.

Humans make the animals into what they are, and then the poor things have to suffer for our mistakes. People on this very thread have said how good/tame/gentle their pitt bulls are, which just goes to show when a good owner cares for them they make great pets.

true true. i love dogs
i have a german shepherd who wouldn't hurt a fly
but i have seen how some german shepherd can behave
very violent fot the training it has been true
Register