Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Pitt bulls have those genetics, true, but without certain cause, it wont turn out vicious. The weirdest things can provoke them thought, they are special dogs and require alot of attention. Like mine, they hate snow. they get really nervous when it snows, no idea why, and they hate the vaccum cleaner. They get really nervous and tense, so I know its not a good idea to aggrivate them then or have obnoxious things going on. Any animal can be like that. Also, you always hear about dogs attacking outside, its almost never in a house. They are outside, they are nervous and scarred, thats when they attack, its the owners fault for not keeping track of their dog.

Rolling Eyes I say that and my dog gets in my neiborghs yard all the time, but thats because they love their rabbiat and the little boy who lives there. I swear, if I would let Jango, he would move in with them.
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
February 28th, 2006 at 05:59pm
The horrible thing is, before this law was made here, there were numerous "pittbull" attacks. When really, they weren't really a pittbull breed at all, just had similar looks. So now the pittbull breed was blamed for everything, and were banned. If you raise them right, they will be the sweetest dog ever, mine would never hurt anyone, or anything.
My step dad's friend in Texas, says he gets more people coming in to the vets office to put down smaller breeds (ex. poodles, jack russels, beagels, dash hounds) , who have bitten people, than pitbulls. That shows you that any dog can be vicious, even the smallest breeds.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 06:10pm
Kym! At the Disco:
The horrible thing is, before this law was made here, there were numerous "pittbull" attacks. When really, they weren't really a pittbull breed at all, just had similar looks. So now the pittbull breed was blamed for everything, and were banned. If you raise them right, they will be the sweetest dog ever, mine would never hurt anyone, or anything.
My step dad's friend in Texas, says he gets more people coming in to the vets office to put down smaller breeds (ex. poodles, jack russels, beagels, dash hounds) , who have bitten people, than pitbulls. That shows you that any dog can be vicious, even the smallest breeds.

I think people who sue for small dog bites are horrible. Little dogs are fisty, but they dont hurt anyone. Accidents happen, and putting a dog down for one mistake is just stupid.

I remember I was 7 and I had a beagle, sweetest dog in the world. One day it got outside and these stupid teenagers were harrasing it, so I ran in to get my mom. When she got out there, they had kicked it so it bit them, hello dumbass, when you kick a dog, what do you think is going to happen. But it was a law that any dog with a "vicious history" had to be put to sleep, so the guy who kicked him got three stitches in his finger and my dog got a lethal injection. I was seven and I still remember that. Tango was the coolest dog ever
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 28th, 2006 at 06:11pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kym! At the Disco:

I think people who sue for small dog bites are horrible. Little dogs are fisty, but they dont hurt anyone. Accidents happen, and putting a dog down for one mistake is just stupid.

I remember I was 7 and I had a beagle, sweetest dog in the world. One day it got outside and these stupid teenagers were harrasing it, so I ran in to get my mom. When she got out there, they had kicked it so it bit them, hello dumbass, when you kick a dog, what do you think is going to happen. But it was a law that any dog with a "vicious history" had to be put to sleep, so the guy who kicked him got three stitches in his finger and my dog got a lethal injection. I was seven and I still remember that. Tango was the coolest dog ever

hey stupid kick a dog your gonna get bit asshole, the boys i am talking about by the way.
Spike
Geek
Spike
February 28th, 2006 at 07:00pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kym! At the Disco:

hey stupid kick a dog your gonna get bit asshole, the boys i am talking about by the way.

I think it's sick. My dog that I have now is a Border Collie, and they were breed for hurding, so this little kid comes up to her and starts running around next to her and so she nipped her. It didn't even DRAW blood, but the kids dad was like "I'm gonna shoot your dog" and saying shit like that. Luckily we still have her and she's alive and well.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 28th, 2006 at 07:05pm
Mu aunt has a border Collie and we purposely take off running through the yard and get chased, me and my cousin's were out of beer and really bored when we started it. Im like "hey I bet I can get to the trampoline before you". Then after we started running, Sadey took my shoe and ran in the field, out favorite pass time ever since.Laughing

And it doesnt evem hurt, they dont try to kill the animals they are herding, just like the people they may be lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:53am
Spike:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kym! At the Disco:

I think it's sick. My dog that I have now is a Border Collie, and they were breed for hurding, so this little kid comes up to her and starts running around next to her and so she nipped her. It didn't even DRAW blood, but the kids dad was like "I'm gonna shoot your dog" and saying shit like that. Luckily we still have her and she's alive and well.

pernats have an habit of going of on one when they see they're child hurt or upset me included.
cactus.
Falling In Love With The Board
cactus.
March 1st, 2006 at 02:54pm
I believe that it's a bit absurd to ban a certain breed of dogs, but maybe it's for the best.Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of animal and pet owner rights, but it saddens me that whenever I watch Animal Planet or stg, if a pitbull bites someone he kissed goodbye to his life.A lot of dogs get "humainly" euthanasied this way and it's just sad.For myself, I wouldn't dare to keep a pitbull, because the owner needs to be a firm person, to be able to impose control over the dog.Pitbulls are naturally more agressive than other dogs, so the owner needs to keep the agresivity under control.Not only pitbulls that are educated for fights or stuff like that attack people, but pitbulls that are overspoiled.There was a case in our country and it made a big impression on me.A lady's pitbull attacked her neighbour and was going to be killed and the lady was crying so hard she barely could talk, saying that her dog could never do stg like that.
Kitteh
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kitteh
March 1st, 2006 at 03:19pm
I tend do dissagree that pitbulls are naturally more aggressive than other dogs; I have a dog that's at LEAST 90% pitbull (the only feature she has from the other breed she's mixed with is tall ears...even still, those could be 'cropped'/propped up for all we know), and my boyfriend has owned numerous pit mixes and pure pitbulls, and none of them have shown any kind of aggression towards people or other animals. But that's just my opinion.

On a different note, has anyone noticed that on the news they only show CERTAIN breeds of dog attacks? And I know for a fact that other dogs besides pit bulls/staffordshire terriers, wolfdogs, and rottweilers attack people; but that's pretty much all they show. If a golden retreiver attacked or killed someone, you sure ass hell wouldn't see THAT on the news...why? Because the media is all about striking fear and terror, sometimes heart-felt sentiment into their viewers; anything that keeps their ratings up is good for them. With all the bad attention (and lack of good things) pit bulls get on the media, it's no wonder so many people hate pit bulls and want them banned...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 03:26pm
Morbid kitten:
And I know for a fact that other dogs besides pit bulls/staffordshire terriers, wolfdogs, and rottweilers attack people; but that's pretty much all they show.

The treatment Wolf Dogs get in general is disgraceful.

I know this isn't strictly an issue for this thread, but disucssing 'dangerous' dogs seems to be appropriate here.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 05:18pm
Morbid kitten:
I tend do dissagree that pitbulls are naturally more aggressive than other dogs;

Bit pulls were bread to fit, that is in their genetic make up, so they are naturally more agressive, Im not saying that any Pitt bull is going to kill someone, but you do have to take special precautions with dogs like that because they do have those genes.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
March 1st, 2006 at 05:18pm
O_o this is the first ive heard of this, and i live in canada
steady riot.
steady riot.
March 1st, 2006 at 07:22pm
Morbid kitten:
I tend do dissagree that pitbulls are naturally more aggressive than other dogs; I have a dog that's at LEAST 90% pitbull (the only feature she has from the other breed she's mixed with is tall ears...even still, those could be 'cropped'/propped up for all we know), and my boyfriend has owned numerous pit mixes and pure pitbulls, and none of them have shown any kind of aggression towards people or other animals. But that's just my opinion.

On a different note, has anyone noticed that on the news they only show CERTAIN breeds of dog attacks? And I know for a fact that other dogs besides pit bulls/staffordshire terriers, wolfdogs, and rottweilers attack people; but that's pretty much all they show. If a golden retreiver attacked or killed someone, you sure ass hell wouldn't see THAT on the news...why? Because the media is all about striking fear and terror, sometimes heart-felt sentiment into their viewers; anything that keeps their ratings up is good for them. With all the bad attention (and lack of good things) pit bulls get on the media, it's no wonder so many people hate pit bulls and want them banned...

Exactly. There are tons of dog attacks that are not by pittbulls, yet they are never talked about in the media. Only pittbulls are to incourage viewers to dislike them, and agree with their laws. I am outraged that my pittbulls are treated like monsters now. When a pittbull attacks, usually it has been teased, or any dog for that matter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 11:17am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:
I tend do dissagree that pitbulls are naturally more aggressive than other dogs;

Bit pulls were bread to fit, that is in their genetic make up, so they are naturally more agressive, Im not saying that any Pitt bull is going to kill someone, but you do have to take special precautions with dogs like that because they do have those genes.

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Pit Bulls do requre a bit of extra care though, because of the past history and genetics of the breed. With a good and responsible owner, this problem is easily overcome.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 11:29am
Ontario's a gay province. You've got to expect this is you live there. I say let's all move to the wheat fields in Manitoba.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:04pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Morbid kitten:

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Pit Bulls do requre a bit of extra care though, because of the past history and genetics of the breed. With a good and responsible owner, this problem is easily overcome.

lmfao you know what I meant Laughing
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
March 2nd, 2006 at 07:10pm
Getting Away With Murder:
O_o this is the first ive heard of this, and i live in canada

O_o
is somebody misinformed?
or are we, Mr. Canadian?
steady riot.
steady riot.
March 2nd, 2006 at 09:11pm
Anji:
Ontario's a gay province. You've got to expect this is you live there. I say let's all move to the wheat fields in Manitoba.

Shocked Uhhh...So because we live in Ontario, we have to "expect" to have innapropriate laws set against a certain breed of dog? Alrighty.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 01:25pm
Pit Bulls ( I spelled it right here, ha!) are also banned in Miamai, Florida in the US.
Lil Panda
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lil Panda
May 2nd, 2006 at 02:38pm
My best friend's dog is a pit bull and she is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. On the other hand, my uncle's do is a boston terrier/dachshund cross and has repeatedly tried to attack me. It depends on how they were raised.
Register