Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 12:46pm
HOP TEH HOPPUS.:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Kurtni:
According to some people; no. The big bang was the creation of everything. I just posted something about that on the last page I think. Interesting idea.. I personally can't believe that, simply because I can't imagine our entire universe coming out of nowhere. And I can't imagine some god magically apprearing and creating everything either. Both seem pretty illogical to me. Most creation theroies do, I don't think science is even close to being able to find the correct answer right now, and I don't think we will for awhile.

All of the matter of the universe was once [according to the big bang theory] contained within an infinitely small point. One day, that matter exploded and begun to drift out and 15 billion years later, here we are. Even now, we're still drifting. The universe didn't come out of nowhere, because the universe is, by definition, everything and everywhere. According to my Physics teacher, of course, but I figure a physician is the person who'd know best.
It's physicist, my dead, physicist. Coffee

The accordance of the beginning of the universe theory will differ for most physicists, I think it's just a matter of who's opinion do you believe, since there is little fact, but more presumption, like Stephen Hawking said...somewhere anyway.

Meg is dead?! OMFG

Nah, Be. Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 12:47pm
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

OMG, that totally ruined the dramatics.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 12:50pm
My English teacher was right. I should proof read more often.

I actually had nightmares that my college applications weren't proof read well, when I sent them off and the unis all thought I was an idiot. Cheese
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 01:10pm
Bloodraine:

All of the matter of the universe was once [according to the big bang theory] contained within an infinitely small point. One day, that matter exploded and begun to drift out and 15 billion years later, here we are. Even now, we're still drifting. The universe didn't come out of nowhere, because the universe is, by definition, everything and everywhere. According to my Physics teacher, of course, but I figure a physician is the person who'd know best.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but some do.There is different versions of the big bang theory..
Kurtni:
According to some people, nothing existed before the big bang. St. Augustine stated the universe was created "not in time, but simultaneously with time." So, basically stating that the big bang didn't just create the matter of the universe in a void that was already in existance, that the big bang was the begining of time. Of course a saint didn't say the big bang, he said god, but the same idea has been applied to the big bang by others. Albert Einstein proposed the idea that time and space are not just some place where cosmical actions happen, but that they are part of the physical universe. And considering that all physical entities can be affected by gravity, its possible that time and space could have been distorted by gravity. The gravitational theory according to some can be applied to this saying that under the conditions that existed in the early universe (because you know, we know so much about the early universe to assume this.. ) space and time could have been distorted tp where that a boundary existed where the distortion of space and time was totally infinite, and because of that space and time cannot have continued. So, to some physics can be applied to state that time was contained alooooong time ago like Augustine stated and that time itself didn't exist during all of eternity.

I personally don't believe this simply because I can't wrap my mind around the idea that all that we know of the universe just emerged out of nowhere. And if you don't believe in anything infinite then you'd have issue with that as well because a big part of it is thinking that time isn't infinite due to the infinite distortion of it O_O And that theroy pretty much kills any discussion of what could of happened before the big bang because it implies that space and time are not infinite. i think it's insanely illogical. However, I really don't have any set beliefs about how or when the universe was created to argue against it with, too much is unknown. But I do love reading all the ideas other people have proposed.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 12:32pm
I might have already posted here but I can't find it. I don't beleive in any religion. The reason for this is because there is no scientific proof of these things. I also don't want to beleive in something that is going to make me unhappy and give me another set of rules to follow. I want to swear if I want to. I just don't want another set of rules to follow. I also don't like going to church and praying. I want to SLEEP on Sundays. I also think that church is a waste of time. To me, taking part in a religion is like putting yourself in a prison with an unlocked door. But, I do respect people who beleive in a religion. Wheather it is Christianity or Buddism or whatever. Everyone has the right to worship whatever they want. What i don't like is when you are discriminated or judged because or beleiving in a certain religion....or not having one for that matter. And when people try to force you to beleive in something.
Laurie L.17
Geek
Laurie L.17
May 28th, 2007 at 02:55pm
i believe in god but not the one the bible states. i don't believe in organized relgion. i dont think some one that sits in front of me peaching is going to determine my faith.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
May 28th, 2007 at 04:14pm
afireinsidemyhead:
The reason for this is because there is no scientific proof of these things.
I'm not religious, but I find your point of view quite ignorant.
The whole point of religion is to find a meaning and purpose to life beyond the things we can explain. That's why they call it 'faith'. People turn to it for spiritual and emotional forfilment, not the result of a science experiment.
There is no scientific proof for millions of everyday things around us - does that mean they don't exist?
Lolli
Jackass
Lolli
May 29th, 2007 at 06:33am
I belive that the bible makes no sense.
The only religion that makes sense to me right now is polytheism(belive in many deities) (like the egyptian religion).
I belive in many gods.
Gods that control everything, like Horus the sky-god or Amon-Ra the gos of the sun and the universe.
I'm 13 yes but the bible to me equals bullshit.
To me a god rising from a sacred blue lotus makes alot of sense ^^.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 11:47am
Orangelike.darkness:
The only religion that makes sense to me right now is polytheism(belive in many deities) (like the egyptian religion).
I belive in many gods.
Gods that control everything, like Horus the sky-god or Amon-Ra the gos of the sun and the universe.
Aha. Care to explain that because it makes no sense to me.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
May 29th, 2007 at 05:54pm
rehabreject:
afireinsidemyhead:
The whole point of religion is to find a meaning and purpose to life beyond the things we can explain. That's why they call it 'faith'. People turn to it for spiritual and emotional forfilment, not the result of a science experiment.
There is no scientific proof for millions of everyday things around us - does that mean they don't exist?

Well, it's never forfilled me in any way so therefore to me it is a piece of shit. Maybe I like to find emotional forfillment from other things. And you caought me on one of my bad days so whatever, BAN me from this site, whatever. I don't need a definition from some random person. I can think what I want to and nobody is going to stop me.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 29th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Orangelike.darkness:
I belive in many gods.
If you believe that then it would make no sense that you dont believe what the Bible says. o_o Then again I dont know anything about e_e polytheism. But you prolly dont know anything about the Bible. idk....no specifics were given here.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 29th, 2007 at 10:32pm
afireinsidemyhead:
rehabreject:
afireinsidemyhead:

Well, it's never forfilled me in any way so therefore to me it is a piece of shit. Maybe I like to find emotional forfillment from other things. And you caought me on one of my bad days so whatever, BAN me from this site, whatever. I don't need a definition from some random person. I can think what I want to and nobody is going to stop me.
Why would she ban you? You did nothing wrong but debate thats what this is for. However it is not for discrimination :/ Please dont say it's shit, because to some it is offensive. You wouldn't want someone to say your a piece of shit. Or maybe you would I really wouldn't know ._.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 11:01pm
Orangelike.darkness:

Gods that control everything, like Horus the sky-god or Amon-Ra the gos of the

Ah So your beliefs are based off The Mummy? Wicked awesome movie.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 11:03pm
afireinsidemyhead:

Incase you weren't aware, this is a debate forum. The purpose of it is for people to share their opinions, and if you're going to act hateful when someone disagrees with you, then you shoudn't take part in discussions. No one ever said that you couldn't think whatever you wanted, she simply replied to you. Thats what this forum is for.
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
May 30th, 2007 at 05:25am
its always religion verses sicience.its really annoying.its up to you what you believe in.some people are really religious and have total faith in the religious side of things and then some are just the total opposite and, i guess they think that well miricles cant really take place like that and so science is a much easier way of thinking.i think im somewhere in between the two.
xSheenaxRamonex
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xSheenaxRamonex
May 30th, 2007 at 01:52pm
Everything is a cycle..a circle..circles overlap everwhere and at all ends it all just collapses on itslef and fades into intself..So every 'fact' will contradict somewhere especially in religion... and how can you believe in somthing thats just contradiction?..how can we believe anything..?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 31st, 2007 at 10:41am
xSheenaxRamonex:
Everything is a cycle..a circle..circles overlap everwhere and at all ends it all just collapses on itslef and fades into intself..So every 'fact' will contradict somewhere especially in religion... and how can you believe in somthing thats just contradiction?..how can we believe anything..?

Well, if every fact contradicts itself somewhere, then the facts of science do the same.
So by your line of reasoning, how can we believe in science?
Believers know how they can believe: faith.
Whether it's faith in science or faith in religion, they know they can believe because they have faith in what they believe in.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
May 31st, 2007 at 10:33pm
Religion to me is a personal relationship with a spiritual being.

I think the whole organized religion is too complicated. Most of the rules set in place were made for past times, not for today. EVERYONE messes up, everyone knows it. What most people tend to forget is that God is a very forgiving God. He supposebdly created us, so he should definately understand that.

What I don't get is that how do we know what religion is right? Again, it's all personal most likely. Every religion says they're right. And they can feel it. Who's to say what's wrong and what's right? We can't ask the dead, they're DEAD. Who knows what's after this life? It's all what you feel, as a person, is right for YOU. Not what's right for humanity.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2007 at 01:26am
I think that some people need to believe in a higher power to give them peace of mind. They need something to pray to to make them stop worrying. So there's no saying which religion is right or true, because, for all I know, everybody could be speaking to the same God, just under a different name.

I, myself, am agnostic. I don't deny the existance of God, but refuse to put all my faith into something that can't be proven to exist.

believe in evolution. I believe in the Universe. I believe in life other than on earth. And I believe in myself. That's all I need.
*wierdperson*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*wierdperson*
June 13th, 2007 at 08:38pm
I've given up on the whole 'God thing'. I still respect people who are Catholics, or any other religion, but I just think that the Bible is just an ancient book, and Jesus was just some man who got 12 men to write a book. I'm really not trying to offend anyone here, it's just what I think.
Register