Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
January 15th, 2006 at 01:14am
See, early of 2005, I was REALLY into Christianity. I haven't been to church in the past three or four months because I don't want to get asked questions like these. I've been getting them from others and I've been questioning my faith. I still consider myself a Christian because I do beleive that Jesus is the son of god and died for humanity's sins on the cross. But it's the technical stuff I don't get, liek the questions you all have been typing. I've been researching it and reading your guys' posts and I really don't think I'm that strong of a believer anymore.

The bible says that God gave us the freedom of choice, I know that. But then, it's not as harsh as you make it sound. He doesn't just say "You're gonna burn in hell if you don't do this and do that" etc. It says that God would love us all no matter what. Put it this way:

If you drew something, you'd probably love it because you have bits of yourself in each drawing you make. You'll still love it, but be a bit crushed if something happens to it, like if it gets ripped or wet or something. At it's end, you have a choice to hang it up or throw it in the trash. You really don't want to, but you end up tossing it out carefully.

That's just the way I see it. But as of now, I'm not that sure about everything.
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
January 15th, 2006 at 06:08am
yOu know what's stupid...i'm saying that al lot of christians are actually dumb assholes....but I forgot...I am also a christian Shifty
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 15th, 2006 at 06:45am
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~:
yOu know what's stupid...i'm saying that al lot of christians are actually dumb assholes....but I forgot...I am also a christian Shifty

LMFAO
Awwwww!!
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 11:43am
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
Emm..okay, another "smarass question":
If God made all of us the way Thay wanted, why the hell would They make some of us gay and then tell us not to have sex with the one you love? Just for the hell of it? To have fun watching us suffer?
a very smartass question
he doesn't make us the way he wants
he makes us with the ability to choose (so we will inevitably choose to sin)
I believe that people born gay are born with a natural temptation.....Satan tested Job; he'll test homosexuals, and the fact that your question is usually posed as rhetorical most are failing

a lot of times homosexuality and perversion are environmental factors....like you were molested as a child or something
a lot of times it's just a thing with the person who tries to push themselves more, ("I wonder what happens if I can get used to kissing my gender" then escalates)
and a lot of the time it's legitamate...but people in Asian countries are born in a sexist country, they have a temptation to be sexist; their whole continent is

so, you can be gay at heart.... God just says no gay sex

but most people don't care about the answer to that question, they just want to be assholes and try to prove Christians wrong

People who are born gay are BORN GAY. It's not about temptation. God made them that way, because God doesn't give a shit who you sleep with. God made us multi-colored and multi-sexual. You can't change your sexuality just like you can't change your skin color. But most Chrisitans just want to be assholes and prove common sense wrong.
alright, do I come off as an asshole who just wants to prove things wrong?
today everyone wants to prove things wrong, people try to prove our President is racist, homophobic, stupid, and all that other crap
I don't go around attacking athiests for that (maybe I should) so please quit doing that to Christians

the only verse in the Bible using the word "homosexual" (the other verses about Sodomites are all in the Old Testament which was overruled by Jesus, so the Jews have more against homosexuals than Christians)

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

it says, "offenders", you know what that means? it means people that have gay sex, not people born gay

and as I said, a lot of people develope their sexuality through abuse later in life, but not all
the Bible simply says, "don't commit a sexual offence"
you all turn it into "bash gays"

and if you believed in God at all you wouldn't say he makes people want to have sex with gays because he wants you too
he made everyone else born with lying as a natural instinct, he doesn't want us to do it

I just think people like you are so impatient you don't want to see what happens in the long run, it's what happens today that matters

you call Christians close-minded assholes, you should quit being one, I'm fine with Bloodrain and Nine_Inch_Nails saying stuff like this because they legitamately want more insight and want my opinion and want me to listen to theirs

you just want to be an asshole and prove Christians wrong and I don't appreciate it
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 11:48am
Spirit Of '77:
Tommy:
fuck god
fuck jesus
fuck religion
fuck bible huggers

ok,thats all

fuck yea. religion is a load of shit. i hate religion in all forms.
if I were aloud to ban I would ban you and Tommy

you aren't allowed to bash any religions, if you have no intelligent insight on a topic then shut the hell up, this isn't a Christian Bashing topic

you can create your own forum for that then phpBB will turn you over to the police for it

technically they can do that to Dujo for what Tommy said, so if you don't shut the hell up for the forum and people who don't want those comments, then shut the hell up for Dujo and Josipa
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 15th, 2006 at 11:51am
spill_no_sick:
That isn't a good reason to ban. xD
Anyway, Why is this "fuck religion" so popular these days? =x
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 11:57am
TreIsCool32:
spill_no_sick:
of course it's a good enough reason
phpBB doesn't allow religious bashing, Dujo doesn't allow it, Specific Discussion doesn't allow it

there's too much of any bashing here and there wasn't back when mods could ban
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 12:02pm
question_everything:
the bible contradicts itself Rolling Eyes

yeha. they make us read from the bible at shcool Mad
the Bible does not contradict itself, people take parts of the Bible, take them out of context, and pit them against themselves
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 12:04pm
Tommy:
Think about it:
All the fun people are gonna be in hell

name someone who you think is fun/funny/cool and whether you really think theyre gonna go to heaven or hell

I dont want to go to heaven
plus that ship has already sailed Very Happy
hello, Dujo, Josipa
I don't know if they're religious but I hope you don't anticipate them going to hell!
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 15th, 2006 at 12:15pm
spill_no_sick:
TreIsCool32:
spill_no_sick:
phpBB doesn't allow religious bashing, Dujo doesn't allow it, Specific Discussion doesn't allow it

Offtopic: There's a reason mods can't ban now I guess. =/
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 12:18pm
TreIsCool32:
spill_no_sick:
TreIsCool32:
spill_no_sick:

Offtopic: There's a reason mods can't ban now I guess. =/
a while ago mods would ban because some one said something about their boyfriend or because the person was too much of a noob
Kitti
Kitti
January 15th, 2006 at 02:18pm
spill_no_sick:
a while ago mods would ban because some one said something about their boyfriend or because the person was too much of a noob

Or for being too aggressive Wink
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 15th, 2006 at 06:11pm
spill_no_sick:
and if you believed in God at all you wouldn't say he makes people want to have sex with gays because he wants you too

I believe in God with all my heart, and if you say I don't just because I don't believe in Christianity, then it's simply a closed-minded perception. If you say the only true God is the God that Christianity describes than you would only prove your own closed-mindedness.

spill_no_sick:
you just want to be an asshole and prove Christians wrong and I don't appreciate it

Well, go back and see who started the whole Christianity deal in the first place. We were talking about God and homosexuality, but you had to bring up Christianity, and when you said "People just want to be assholes and prove Christians wrong", I replied with "most Chrsitians just want to be assholes and prove common sense wrong" for only one reason - because I knew that in your appempt to reply this, you would contradict yourself:

spill_no_sick:
I don't go around attacking athiests for that (maybe I should) so please quit doing that to Christians

spill_no_sick:

but most people don't care about the answer to that question, they just want to be assholes and try to prove Christians wrong

I am quite aware of he fact that the bible doesn't forbid gay feelings, just sex. But you can't expect people who love each other to never have sex. That's redicuolous. Love is love, whichever sex it is.
I don't believe in a God that Christianity describes. You can believe in that God if you want to, you can refrain from having sex with the same sex. But I believe in a God who cares, who makes sense, who doesn't hate us for being what They made us.

spill_no_sick:
you all turn it into "bash gays

Maybe you should watch the news more often. It's long since it's turned into "bash gays". Officially. By Christians.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
January 15th, 2006 at 06:22pm
question_everything:
the bible contradicts itself Rolling Eyes

yeha. they make us read from the bible at shcool Mad
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 15th, 2006 at 06:26pm
The Bible ON A WHOLE contradicts itself.
The Bible if you split it up into all its different people, it doesn't.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 15th, 2006 at 08:47pm
dirtyhippie:
To BLURofaDEADPAST:

Has the discussion happened yet? I'd be itching to ask them anything at all, you've got a damn good chance to be a prick here...it's not very nice and I wouldn't be mean about it, but still, it's a fantastic opportunity...

I've always wondered how creationists believe that the Earth was created 6000 years ago, complete with humans #1 and 2. We've got fossil evidence suggesting that, in fact, there was life on Earth 65 million years ago, and rock dating shows a great deal of bedrock is older than that. If they don't buy that science can date rocks and fossils, then that means that how science views a great number of generally accepted things is wrong to them as well, including most theories on radiation and the Bomb. Also ask them for one if they liked "Jurassic Park;" then try to explain that they can either have Jurassic Park or Creationism.

Let us know how it flies! Don't do anything I wouldn't do...but I'd do a hell of a lot, so go ahead!

No it hasn't yet. And yeah I do have a good chance to be an asshole here and I'm gonna use it.

TO EVERYONE: I haven't been keeping up with this. School is consuming my life. Oh and I'm not trying to 'bash' Christianity. I just want some answers. And to everyone who is like 'Yall are stupid stop bashing my religion.' Stop bashing Athiests. I don't appreciate it. FOR THE LAST TIME I'M NOT TRYING TO BASH YOU. I RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN. I just don't agree with what you believe in and that's my own personal opinion.

Oh yeah if anyone wants to go through all these pages and make me a list of all the questions that would be great because I'm too busy with school work. Thanks.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 15th, 2006 at 08:56pm
spill_no_sick:
Tommy:
Think about it:

name someone who you think is fun/funny/cool and whether you really think theyre gonna go to heaven or hell

hello, Dujo, Josipa
I don't know if they're religious but I hope you don't anticipate them going to hell!

Josipa will go to heaven, but Dujo will go to hell. Then Josipa will go to hell for Dujo...
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 16th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Tommy:
Think about it:

Woah.
You're right.
And as far as I know Green Day aren't religious.
So if I'm damned to spend eternity in hell.
Atleast I'll be with them. Very Happy
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
January 16th, 2006 at 12:41pm
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

I believe in God with all my heart, and if you say I don't just because I don't believe in Christianity, then it's simply a closed-minded perception. If you say the only true God is the God that Christianity describes than you would only prove your own closed-mindedness.

spill_no_sick:

Well, go back and see who started the whole Christianity deal in the first place. We were talking about God and homosexuality, but you had to bring up Christianity, and when you said "People just want to be assholes and prove Christians wrong", I replied with "most Chrsitians just want to be assholes and prove common sense wrong" for only one reason - because I knew that in your appempt to reply this, you would contradict yourself:

spill_no_sick:

spill_no_sick:

I am quite aware of he fact that the bible doesn't forbid gay feelings, just sex. But you can't expect people who love each other to never have sex. That's redicuolous. Love is love, whichever sex it is.
I don't believe in a God that Christianity describes. You can believe in that God if you want to, you can refrain from having sex with the same sex. But I believe in a God who cares, who makes sense, who doesn't hate us for being what They made us.

spill_no_sick:
you all turn it into "bash gays

Maybe you should watch the news more often. It's long since it's turned into "bash gays". Officially. By Christians.
Uh...whatever the fuck she just said
LordsOfDogTown<5
King For A Couple Of Days
LordsOfDogTown<5
January 16th, 2006 at 04:03pm
[quote="BLURofaDEADPAST"]
Tommy:
Think about it:

Yeah but people can be fun and innocent at the same time.
Your saying that a person that's fun has to do bad things?
That's not even an option man.
Register