Things that new players shouldn't do?

AuthorMessage
bratbassist
Idiot
bratbassist
February 11th, 2006 at 05:21pm
The thing is, if you decide to play guitar, and you go and get a expensive electric strait away, you might think 'man, i cant do this, its way to hard, my fingers are too small ahhhhhhh'
People just go for electrics cos' they think they look cool and poeple will think there the coolest.
I started with a crap acoustic, now i have my beautiful blue electric guitar because I am taking this seriosly and working at it.
Note for new players: Dont rush into buying expensive guitars strait away, you might change your mind!!!
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 12th, 2006 at 03:36am
Gah! Use a pitch pipe.

I tried when my guitar first went out of tune and I messed it really bad.
bratbassist
Idiot
bratbassist
February 12th, 2006 at 11:17am
Yeah, same. Electric is easier to stick with, but when I wanted to go back to acoustic, it was really hard and took a while to get used to. So it can really go both ways********

I think that you should have both, an electric and acoustic, that way you can get used to both. Thats what i did and now i can play both.
Derrick
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Derrick
February 12th, 2006 at 07:57pm
The way I started was with Electric and played for about a year, then I bought an acoustic on my second year , and this is what I recommend to new players, alot of guitarists never learn to read music well when they pick up guitar they just learn where a chord is and what chords too play, that is fine but when I started reading more music It helped ALOT and I could play alot better. Also if you have trouble with songs you are reading like sheet music from and cant figure out how its supposed to sound sol fedge is a useful tool.
Register