Serial Killers

AuthorMessage
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 04:20pm
Serial Killers. All the time on Vampirefreaks, you get people who put "I wanna meet a serial killer", or "My favourite serial killer is so and so", and such, in their profiles. There are so many people who think that these disgusting excuses for human beings are the most intelligent/brilliant. There are even books written on Serial killers.

The Death Penalty was brought up between Bloodraine (sorry, I forgot the spelling of your username, hun) and I, and this crossed my mind because it does have a lot to do with Serial Killers.

There are people out there who wish to study the brain of the serial killer. They act like their so great, but what are we all forgetting?
THEY KILLED PEOPLE! Lots of people! People with families; children, spouses, mothers, fathers, siblings, friends. And we admire these creatures?
Think of the families of those who have lost their beloved. They've lost someone most dear to them, and then they go out and see books published on the murderer.
This is disgusting.
I've talked to a person who wanted to meet a serial killer. Does anyone know why this is a bad idea? BECAUSE THEY'D KILL YOU!
Why can't people get that through their thick heads?
Serial killers. That's what they do: kill!

So, my question to you, what is your opinion of serial killers?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 04:23pm
I think they're sick and need help.

I would LOVE to meet one too...but for a different reason. I'd love to TALK to them, to find out what goes through their cold, calculating, manipulative minds. 'Cause a lot of them are very intelligent, and I'd just love to know what makes them tick.

Then I'd like to see them locked up, throw away the key, and see them condemned to a life a misery.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 04:29pm
I am of the same opinion of Alex. I'd also be very intrigued to meet a serial killer. Perhaps it's some sick obsession I have, but I find the whole thing horribly fascinating. To have a glimpse of what goes on inside their minds, to know their thoughts, their feelings. As for the books; well. They really aren't that graphic, to be honest.

Obviously, you know my opinion of Killing in general. Not just in Death Penalty circumstances. And I do not agree with murder at all. Ever.

Also, you spelled my username right, Wink.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 04:59pm
The thing with them publishing books about serial killers, it's not meant to glorify them, if though it can seem like that.

Serial killer is a special breed of person, them almost always fit the same description and come from the same circumstances, there are only a few exceptions to that (Ted Bundy for example)

Researching them is vital to understanding human behaviours and why they do it, so then in the future society learns not to shun them when there was a time to stop them from doing these dreadful acts.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
January 27th, 2006 at 07:22pm
I want to know how they think, what their world is like....
redc
Jackass
redc
January 27th, 2006 at 08:18pm
Studying their brains would be interesting...what makes a serial killer a serial killer? I'd actually be really interested in seeing their brain activity, what parts of their brain function differently - do any parts function differently - how "similar" to the rest of us are they?

Because most of them do appear "normal" to us, just last night watched a 'bio' on Denis Rader (aka BTK serial killer), and as what seems to be the case he was a nice, normal guy - married with two children and yet he killed at least 10 people. Why? What "made" him do it?

I don't respect anyone who kills people - if it's 1 or 10 or more - but I'd love to know why, what's going on in their mind that makes it "okay" to commit these crimes. I don't personally want to meet a serial killer, but I'd watch a bio on them (as I did & do). Human behaviour is fascinating.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 27th, 2006 at 08:22pm
Seriously I wouldnt want to meet a serial killer.(Id cry ._.)
I dont know my opinion on them :/ I mean their time will come to you know be judged and stuff.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 08:54pm
I would not really wnat to meet a serial killer. The closest I think I'll ever come is reading Ed Sanders' "The Family" about the Mansons. Maybe.

People who kill people? Just not my bag!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 29th, 2006 at 02:35pm
i would like to know why these people write to sereal killers and admire them the way they do. I think that some young people thinks its romantic in a sicko sort of way. Or they need somthing to catch hold of. In a perverted sort of way.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
January 29th, 2006 at 04:46pm
I think it'd be interesting to see into their thoughts aswell.

Don't know about meeting them. I wouldn't deliberately go out and meet one.. but if I did.. well, I wouldn't really mind. Unless they were really crazy looking and kept talking about how they'd kill me or someone else.

I mean.. people in general, kill others.. just not always physically.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 29th, 2006 at 05:45pm
I'm a huge fan of serial killers....I don't think what they do is great or anything (....yes I do...) but it's not like saying their brilliant causes them to do it

if you make them feel intelligent it might even prevent them...they finally got a compliment!!!!
Kitti
Kitti
January 29th, 2006 at 07:42pm
spill_no_sick:
I'm a huge fan of serial killers....I don't think what they do is great or anything (....yes I do...) but it's not like saying their brilliant causes them to do it

if you make them feel intelligent it might even prevent them...they finally got a compliment!!!!

Laughing
Yes, serial killers are fascinating.
Yes, they do great things. Remembering that "great" and "good" are not synonymous.
But I doubt that they kill out of frustration and a major inferiority complex.
Humans are not innately capable of murder. We are capable of killing out of necessity, but no animal commits murder, even when brought down to most base instinct. It takes something very serious to drive a human to kill in the way that serial killers do, that calculating way, like it means nothing.
It isn't necessarily genius. To be able to avoid getting caught, that takes some intellect. For it to be a game...I shudder to think.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2006 at 08:58pm
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

Laughing
Yes, they do great things. Remembering that "great" and "good" are not synonymous.
Humans are not innately capable of murder. We are capable of killing out of necessity, but no animal commits murder, even when brought down to most base instinct. It takes something very serious to drive a human to kill in the way that serial killers do, that calculating way, like it means nothing.
It isn't necessarily genius. To be able to avoid getting caught, that takes some intellect. For it to be a game...I shudder to think.

Most serial Killers do have a superiorty complex, they also want to be acknowledged for their supposed 'greatness', which is why most serial killers end up being caught, it is a game they leave evidence as a mark of their trade.

Frustration, no. Inferiority complex maybe, most 'serials' were abused as children, so it was a case of a superior adult belittling a child. So Inferiority breeds easily in that circumstance. As adults themselves they need to then take out there anger on humans the feel to be inferior to them, which is why most victims are women or children.

The element of fantasy in serial killer's development cannot be overemphasized. They often begin fantasizing about murder duringā€”or even beforeā€”adolescence. Their fantasy lives are very rich and they daydream compulsively about dominating and killing people, usually with very specific elements to the murderous fantasy that will eventually be apparent in their real crimes. Some killers are influenced by reading about the Holocaust and fantasize about being in charge of concentration camps. In such cases, however, it is generally not the political ideology of Nazism that they enjoy or are inspired by, but simply an attraction to the brutality and sadism of its application.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
January 30th, 2006 at 09:40am
They're extremely fascinating. I'm interested in this kind of things. For some very strange reason I love the idea of revenge and manipulation. To make it work you need to be intelligent, but at the same time you must be careful not to fall into your own narcissism.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
January 30th, 2006 at 10:55am
I don't think we admire the fact that they kill people, it's more to the fact of how they do it and how they come up with their plans.

Yeah killing people is not a good thing blah de blah de blah, but the fact is that this type of thing is interesting,
simply because we want to understand the whole idea of serial killing

It's hard to explain.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 30th, 2006 at 12:48pm
i find it hard to understand why someone will admire the likes of Fred and Rosemary West. And lets not forget the moores murderers Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 30th, 2006 at 01:05pm
serial killers to tend to be calculating and intelligent people. but many of them do have sychological problems and it leads them to kill.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 30th, 2006 at 01:36pm
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

Laughing

"Voldemort did great things. Terrible....yes....but great!"

Harry Potter Cool
Kitti
Kitti
January 30th, 2006 at 05:03pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

Laughing

"Voldemort did great things. Terrible....yes....but great!"

Harry Potter Cool

Exactly what I was thinking as I wrote that...!
Laughing
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
January 30th, 2006 at 05:10pm
It does frighten me, the amount of people who admire serial killers...to the point of idolising them.

Likes of this Life Freaky Die Freaky...there's people who actually see Charles Manson as some sort of martyr, and who would replicate what he did. That sort of thing is in completely bad taste, it's just going to anger Manson's 'fans', and I think Billie Joe for one, should be ashamed for even taking part in the whole project.
Register