An Evil God?

AuthorMessage
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 04:30pm
No, I'm not talking about devil worshipping.

I'm talking about God being evil.

I, personally, think he is.

Reasoning

Now, when reading the information on this site, I am in no way trying to Brainwash you into LaVeyan Satanism. It is just facts about how God could be evil that happens to be written on a Satanist site.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 27th, 2006 at 04:38pm
Would this discussion be more at home in one of the other religion threads, perhaps?
Just a suggestion, before the rest of the site decides they hate me for this...
You'd think people would learn to take some constructive criticism. -_-
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 04:42pm
paradoxical:
Would this discussion be more at home in one of the other religion threads, perhaps?

Um... no, not exactly. It's not the same issue. This is specific, not religion in general.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 04:42pm
I thought LaVeyan were atheist..worship of self, the self is higher.

But no, I don't think God is evil, or good. I don't believe in absolutes, I don't believe there is one such thing as a SET good, or a SET evil. My idea of evil could be completly different to..say...Bloodraine's or someones.

Although, if you go of one of Anton LaVey's quotes.."Good is what you like, evil is what you don't like" then yes, maybe God could be classed as evil. I mean, if you didn't like the Christian God, infact, detested Him, then maybe he is evil to you.

If you see where I'm coming from?
Kitti
Kitti
January 27th, 2006 at 04:44pm
VF Lover!:
paradoxical:

Um... no, not exactly. It's not the same issue. This is specific, not religion in general.

Arguably, a specific example can have a discussion of its own in a more general thread. At the moment we have something like 4 threads relating to religion on page one alone, discounting this one.
But again, only a suggestion.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 04:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I thought LaVeyan were atheist..worship of self, the self is higher.

But no, I don't think God is evil, or good. I don't believe in absolutes, I don't believe there is one such thing as a SET good, or a SET evil. My idea of evil could be completly different to..say...Bloodraine's or someones.

Although, if you go of one of Anton LaVey's quotes.."Good is what you like, evil is what you don't like" then yes, maybe God could be classed as evil. I mean, if you didn't like the Christian God, infact, detested Him, then maybe he is evil to you.

If you see where I'm coming from?

I do.

Notice how we hardly disagree? It's because you're my long lost twin.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 04:45pm
There are plenty of religious topics to vent int.

Personally i think this belongs on the ''do you believe'' topic.

*locked*
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:03pm
*unlock* you have one hour to make this a worthy thread, good luck
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:08pm
YES! Thanks Steph.

Now, you guys, I took some time to get this unlocked, we have one hour to get some good debating going on, so yeah...opinions. Good or evil?

If I was Christian, I would say but God created the earth.
He gave US free will. It was up to us how we used this. 666 - Mark of the beast. I believe in fact, that 666 is human kind. We ARE the beast. We are perhaps the evil ones.

I mean, how do we know what good and evil really is anyway? For all we know, God could be one big motherfucker, and just likes fucking around with all our lives.

But then again, maybe he just wanted us all to think for ourselves, rather than mollycoddling us. Maybe, in a few years time, he'll come and sort us out.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:15pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
My idea of evil could be completly different to..say...Bloodraine's or someones.

I believe I feel my ears burning...

For argument's sake, lets just say there is a God, for certain. If God is evil, why would he create us, and give us a beautiful earth to inhabit, and the greatest gift of all, Life?.

Now, let's just say God doesn't exist. The whole role of this supreme being, the entire theory of God, is based around him or her being the focal point of mankind, a being we should all try to emulate.
However, In my opinion, God does not exist. However, I do not like this degrading of him, for he is clearly a being close to many people's hearts.

So what if he is 'evil' in the eyes of some? Like many aspects of religion, he serves a purpose. I cannot understand why people must go out of their way to destroy this. Let 'em believe what they want.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:20pm
But if God didn't exist, then some people's lives would basically have been based on lies, and that's a bit..meh.

"If God is evil, why would he create us, and give us a beautiful earth to inhabit, and the greatest gift of all, Life?."

And why did he give us the abililty to ruin it all.
Why did he give us freewill?
Didn't he realise we'd just fuck it up.
If he is "all-knowing", then shoudln't he have know that.
Why did he create murderers.
If he's the only one who is supposed to be able to give or take life, then why are murderers still here? They don't deserve free will.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 27th, 2006 at 05:25pm
if he did exsist would he tempt us the way he does? If god was the ultimate good why do we have murderers and sickos in the world?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:26pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
But if God didn't exist, then some people's lives would basically have been based on lies, and that's a bit..meh.

"If God is evil, why would he create us, and give us a beautiful earth to inhabit, and the greatest gift of all, Life?."

If he's the only one who is supposed to be able to give or take life, then why are murderers still here? They don't deserve free will.

You aren't born a murderer, society shapes you to be that way.

Whose to say they don't deserve free-will, everyone deserves to start life on a clean slate, if God took free-will from sinners then he would be banishing them to a life of sin.

I rather live in a world where i can choose between right and wrong, than be told what to believe in.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:26pm
tre_cool_is_god:
if he did exsist would he tempt us the way he does?

Ah, but a Christian believes that Satan is the tempation
Not God.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:28pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

How do you know that?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:29pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

Not God.

God created Satan, though...How does that pan out, as he is indirectly responsible?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:33pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

Not God.

God created Satan, though...How does that pan out, as he is indirectly responsible?

Or maybe Satan created God.
Or maybe they're the same person.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:34pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

How do you know that?

Because when i look at a childs face i don't think yep your going to kill someone.

Anyone who kills for drugs/money, is doing it because of their situation

Anyone who kills for 'respect' is because the people they live/hang with have had that affect on them.

Serial Killers are mostly people who were abused by the adults in their life and let down by society, and have been taught through this that violence is how you deal with problems

Anyone who murders in war does it because thats whats expected of them and what they have been trained to do.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 05:35pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

Not God.

God created Angels with the same free-will of humans, Satan choose to take a different route, however angels being in god presense have to directly deal with god there and then, which is why he was rejected from heaven...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 05:38pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

How do you know that?

Because when i look at a childs face i don't think yep your going to kill someone.

Anyone who kills for drugs/money, is doing it because of their situation

Anyone who kills for 'respect' is because the people they live/hang with have had that affect on them.

Serial Killers are mostly people who were abused by the adults in their life and let down by society, and have been taught through this that violence is how you deal with problems

Anyone who murders in war does it because thats whats expected of them and what they have been trained to do.

But God made society. Everyone who kills has been affected by their situation...well who made their situation like that? Who made their parent's abuse them? What made their parent's abuse them? And if their parent's parent's abused THEM, then who made them like that etc etc? If we all came from Adam and Eve, and we are all related, then maybe, we've all like...fucked up each other.
But Adam and Eve came from God.
If God IS all powerful...coudln't he fix everything at once?

But saying that, perfection is impossible.

"Imperfection is beautiful, that is why you are so beautiful"
Register