An Evil God?

AuthorMessage
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:04pm
LovesBillieJoe:
the temptation for the fruit from the tree of life was a simple test to see what man cherishes more, pleasures or God.now, clearly because of our human nautre we will lean towards the pleasures but you can still have pleasures as well as God. no im not contradicting my point but in the bible it does say "we are inclined by nature to hate God and our neighbour" therefore we will always do what we want, it is BECAUSE of sin that we are like that. i dont know why God allows us to do evil [even Eve in the first place] but he MUST have a good reason! i would be so happy to know why, fuck talking about this really confuses me! sometimes its just like, please God, show us why!

God can never have proof that he exists. Read the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy or see the TV series Wink
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:07pm
I got forced to go to Church today with school.

And in the Address or something the priest was all like "Lord. We have failed you. Please forgive us."

And all that stuff. I was like Eh
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:12pm
Lucifer's_Child:
I got forced to go to Church today with school.

And in the Address or something the priest was all like "Lord. We have failed you. Please forgive us."

And all that stuff. I was like Eh

I know how you feel.
Every day at school we have "prayers" and I sit there, quietly, but blatantly not joining in.

The teachers never make me either. They just watch me, I watch them, we end up having a staring contest Rolling Eyes
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:17pm
The whole idea behind the Christian Faith is that you can be forgiven for your sins, that doesnt sound to evil to me. It sounds rather compasionate actually. If you dont believe in God, why are you even in this thread, you obviously dont think he is evil, you dont think he exists.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:19pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The whole idea behind the Christian Faith is that you can be forgiven for your sins, that doesnt sound to evil to me. It sounds rather compasionate actually. If you dont believe in God, why are you even in this thread, you obviously dont think he is evil, you dont think he exists.

Are you talking to me?
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:25pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I'm agnostic. This thread could help me decide my faith.

(It won't, but hey! it could help some people when knowing where to stand.)

Most of the arguments I put up here aren't my views anyway. It's just interesting to see how well the opposite argument can be defended.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:27pm
The reason I'm on this thread is because I absolutly LOVE threads like this. I love stuff like good and evil...and what they really are and stuff.

Gawd, I really cant wait for my Philosophy and Religion AS course next year!!
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 2nd, 2006 at 05:31pm
Lucifer's_Child:
The reason I'm on this thread is because I absolutly LOVE threads like this. I love stuff like good and evil...and what they really are and stuff.

Gawd, I really cant wait for my Philosophy and Religion AS course next year!!

Yeah. This stuff really gets you thinking. Maybe I should take philosophy for AS...

(sorry, off topic)
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
March 2nd, 2006 at 07:30pm
Well, this turned into a huge debate on Christianity and Atheism.
Not really my intention, I just wanted people to consider all possible aspects. Eh
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2006 at 01:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
If you dont believe in God, why are you even in this thread, you obviously dont think he is evil, you dont think he exists.

Think about my point of view for a second.

Have you ever read a fictional story as a child, where the main charater was a good and kind person?. The author made them good and kind. The author created them that way. I don't believe the character exists, but I believe the character is not evil.

(This is now my theory)

Have you ever read a story called The Bible?. The main character in the Bible is a man called God. He is a good and kind person. The author made him good and kind. The author created him that way. I don't believe the character exists, but I believe the character is not evil.

Does my theory make sense to you?
SARAnade
SARAnade
March 3rd, 2006 at 05:26pm
kfk8e:
LovesBillieJoe:
the temptation for the fruit from the tree of life was a simple test to see what man cherishes more, pleasures or God.now, clearly because of our human nautre we will lean towards the pleasures but you can still have pleasures as well as God. no im not contradicting my point but in the bible it does say "we are inclined by nature to hate God and our neighbour" therefore we will always do what we want, it is BECAUSE of sin that we are like that. i dont know why God allows us to do evil [even Eve in the first place] but he MUST have a good reason! i would be so happy to know why, fuck talking about this really confuses me! sometimes its just like, please God, show us why!

God can never have proof that he exists. Read the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy or see the TV series Wink

that is true, but if you beleive just for the sake of beliving and needing a higher being in your life than thats all the proof you need, its about your morals and values and what youve grown to know and beleive. just choose an opinion and stick with it, try and learn as much as you can so you can live a fulfilling life [in your eyes]. im not trying to force anything on anyone im just saying it feels good to have your priorities straight when it comes to what you believe
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
March 3rd, 2006 at 05:36pm
LovesBillieJoe:
try and learn as much as you can so you can live a fulfilling life [in your eyes]. im not trying to force anything on anyone im just saying it feels good to have your priorities straight when it comes to what you believe

I agree. Do what you think is the right thing, not what anyone else says.

This is kinda getting off topic a bit...not much to do with an evil God lol Smile
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 23rd, 2006 at 04:46pm
personally i believe, yes there is a god, but hes too busy giving the assholes of this world everything they want to help me with my problems. maybe im just bitter, but thats my opinion.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 24th, 2006 at 04:31pm
I don't believe God is evil at all. People could say He isn't because there's death and bad things in the world, but that's only because we sin, and we bring it on ourselves. I'd imagine the only reason God lets us go through trials and lets some suffer is that we've sinned or done evil and brought it on ourselves. If God was evil, He wouldn't provide us with the needs we have and look out for so many like He does. I'm not saying He looks out for everyone, but a lot of people have what they need and have good lives.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
June 25th, 2006 at 09:39am
One phrase: Free Will
Free will is the belief or the philosophical doctrine that holds that humans have the power to choose their own deeds.
The principle of free will has religious, ethical, psychological and scientific implications. For example, in the religious realm, free will may imply that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices.

Hence God does not control "The existence of suffering", "Cause of confusion","Create Conflicting Religions" because he allows us to make to make our own choices, we can choose to start a war, we can choose not too. we can choose to make our own faiths and fight over which one is right, or not.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
June 25th, 2006 at 11:41am
I do believe in a God, I was raised that way. I've had my doubts before but right now I'm at a point where I do believe in Him, and I would like to try reading the Bible and religious standpoints. I do not think God is evil, I think that the argument that he wouldn't have caused suffering and should be perfect like some people depict him, is ridiculous. Humans caused the chaos around them and shouldn't place the blame. It's fine if you don't believe, or if you think that He is evil. But I think that people are part of the true evil.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
June 26th, 2006 at 01:08pm
+Maiku-San+:
Free will is the belief or the philosophical doctrine that holds that humans have the power to choose their own deeds.
The principle of free will has religious, ethical, psychological and scientific implications. For example, in the religious realm, free will may imply that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices.

Hence God does not control "The existence of suffering", "Cause of confusion","Create Conflicting Religions" because he allows us to make to make our own choices, we can choose to start a war, we can choose not too. we can choose to make our own faiths and fight over which one is right, or not.

How do you know?
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
June 29th, 2006 at 10:08am
VF Lover!:
+Maiku-San+:

How do you know?

If we did not have free will, the existence 100's of different faiths though out history and in the modern Day would impossible,
Simply do to the fact that divine influence would have it so's that everyone in world would have the same concept of god, doctrines, rules/moral system, worship ceremonies, and after life.
But we do not, there are 37 different faiths in the world(not counting the sub groups of Christianity-Roman Catholicism,Eastern Orthodoxy,Oriental Orthodox and Assyrian Churches and Protestantism which puts the number into the 100's) they are :
Baha'i Faith
Buddhism
Christianity
Confucianism
Hinduism
Islam
Jainism
Judaism
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoism
Vodun (Voodoo)
Asatru (Norse Paganism)
Druidism
Goddess Worship
Wicca
Witchcraft
Caodaism
Damanhur Community
Druze
Eckankar
Elian Gonzalez religious movement
Gnosticism
Gypsies
Hare Krishna - ISKCON
Lukumi
Macumba
Mowahhidoon
Native American Spirituality
Rom, Roma, Romani, Rroma, (a.k.a. Gypsies)
Santeria Elian Gonzalez religious movement
Satanism; The Church of Satan
Scientology
Unitarian-Universalism
The Creativity Movement (formerly called World Church of the Creator
Zoroastrianism
So there is no possible way that we can not have Free will based on the Religion factor alone, so one can conclude one of two things:
1. God is not evil because he does not control mankid therefor he doesn't control the evil done by Man Kind
2. God does not Exist
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 29th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Chrno:
I do believe in a God, I was raised that way. I've had my doubts before but right now I'm at a point where I do believe in Him, and I would like to try reading the Bible and religious standpoints. I do not think God is evil, I think that the argument that he wouldn't have caused suffering and should be perfect like some people depict him, is ridiculous. Humans caused the chaos around them and shouldn't place the blame. It's fine if you don't believe, or if you think that He is evil. But I think that people are part of the true evil.

everybody can be evil it doesnt matter who you are, God has been evil or he's done bad things, take Sodom And Gohmora (sp) he had to wipe otu that place for various reasons that i wont go into here, and alos the great flood he killed millions of people for variant reasons, so yeah he can do evil things but i believe he does them for our good, and we all have free will to do has we wish has long as we pay for what we do
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2006 at 12:42pm
could you explain the reasoning?
I got blocked and since it has no dirty pictures I don't like getting around those blocks
Register