Blue, aka Billie Joe's Strat

AuthorMessage
turboskratch
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
turboskratch
February 17th, 2006 at 01:53pm
I see a lot of huge GD fans here, but I'm not too sure if the geekiest of the stink breath reside in here. Has anyone made, or attempted to make a replica of BJ's Stratocaster? The original is a Fernandes Stratocaster Copy, with a Seymour Duncan JB Series humbucker pickup installed in the bridge position. This guitar can be heard in 1039/smooth, and kerplunk. Since then he's made many replicas.

Now my question is, if you have, is there an exisiting wiring diagram to install this into a stratocaster? and is the pickup coil tapped?

I built a Fender Stratocaster, and I'm trying to see how hard or easy it is to do billie joe's setup, as well as getting an accurate setup to possibly achieve the signature Green Day twang sound that he gets. I know a lot of it has to do with the custom amp he uses too, but that's damn near impossible to get any information for. I already have the Seymour Duncan JB pickup.. I'm seeing if i should do this myself, or pay a professional to do it.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Prosthetic Head
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Prosthetic Head
February 17th, 2006 at 02:33pm

try the ultimate-guitar.com forums, they have loads of people building their own guitars. if that's what you're doing. i personally don't have a clue.
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
February 17th, 2006 at 05:48pm
hey, heres a good idea...

TRY BEING ORIGINAL (caps necessary kthxbye)
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
February 17th, 2006 at 08:29pm
ah, I've been looking into the exact same thing. Try going to www.warmoth.com (they've got great parts that you can mix-and-match into a guitar) go to the strat-style section, choose the body that's wired for two single-coils in the mid and neck and a humbucker in the bridge position. Choose a finish (I'd say that daphne blue or surf green is the closest you'll get) and then get a neck, pickguard, pickups, and whatever else you need nd you're all set.

See, there are geekier geeks on this planet.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
February 18th, 2006 at 03:15am
Tyler:

=O You said 'bye' instead of 'bi'. Are you left behind or what? xD Nah. I agree this time too.

o_o Why would you want a Blue replica?
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 18th, 2006 at 03:50am
All people care about is people they don't know.

How many people went mad because of the dude's birthday yesterday??

If you can build a guitar, but an origional one, not a replica of some band member.
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
February 18th, 2006 at 07:19am
Get a life
Dom
Jackass
Dom
February 18th, 2006 at 12:39pm
Gustavatron.:
Tyler:

=O You said 'bye' instead of 'bi'. Are you left behind or what? xD Nah. I agree this time too.

o_o Why would you want a Blue replica?

If your a tribute band? if you like the tone made by that guitar? Could sell it for profit to somebody else who wants a replica but wouldnt know how to make one. There's lots of reasons. It's better than just buying a 'signature model'. I'm quite impressed somebody's making modifications to a guitar. I'm thinking of changing the bridge pick-up on my SG actually, its a bit weak.
turboskratch
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
turboskratch
February 18th, 2006 at 04:21pm
Perhaps I just think the sound the guitar/pickup combination makes is amazing, and I'd like the achieve it for my own leisure. I'm not trying to pull off making an exact replica, I'm just trying to achieve the sound by using this pickup in a strat.

I already built a custom strat, and I got another pickguard with the JB pickups modded to it, I just want to know if someone happened to know the wiring scheme for this kind of setup.

I love how people seem to have the time(and the brain logic) to post completely unconstructive and useless comments, just to have the joy of being better than the person they're insulting. Perfect waste of space, except maybe for the fact that it proves how intelligent people choose to be. Perhaps next time I should have said "Any non-idiotic asshat suggestions appreciated!"

Thanks Dom, Prostetic Head and Pirate for your suggestions and comments.
billiejoe_is_my_punkGOD
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billiejoe_is_my_punkGOD
February 18th, 2006 at 04:40pm
It's not hard to make a replica, except for the stickers.
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
February 18th, 2006 at 04:41pm
Tyler:

isnt that the soulseek logo?
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
February 18th, 2006 at 06:21pm
it's cool you're trying to build a guitar, but don't you think it'll be quite costy? i guess it'd be a good accomplishment, sorry i dunno anything about billie's guitar.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
February 18th, 2006 at 06:35pm
GreenDay420:
it's cool you're trying to build a guitar, but don't you think it'll be quite costy? i guess it'd be a good accomplishment, sorry i dunno anything about billie's guitar.

i dunno seymour duncan's cost about £50-100. But their worth it. Then all you would need really is a soldering iron and screwdriver i guess.
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
February 18th, 2006 at 08:10pm
hey leave this kid alone, you know following after BJ isn't a bad idea, he is making more money than probably anyone here. All turboskratch here wanted was your help and you people are tearing him up. geez
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:21am
~Kielbasa Sausage~:
hey leave this kid alone, you know following after BJ isn't a bad idea, he is making more money than probably anyone here. All turboskratch here wanted was your help and you people are tearing him up. geez
You think that's becuase he's got Blue?

Ahaha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:24am
Gustavatron.:
~Kielbasa Sausage~:

Ahaha.
Let's all build exact replicas of his guitar, and then we'll all have immense fame and wealth!
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:26am
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
~Kielbasa Sausage~:

Ahaha.
Let's all build exact replicas of his guitar, and then we'll all have immense fame and wealth!
Laughing

Billie Joe's fame never came out of Blue. It came from his somewhat genius brain and MTV. End of.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:27am
Gustavatron.:
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
~Kielbasa Sausage~:

Ahaha.
Laughing

Billie Joe's fame never came out of Blue. It came from his somewhat genius brain and MTV. End of.
Then why doesn't turboskratch clone Billie Joe instead? lmao. K.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:30am
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
~Kielbasa Sausage~:

Ahaha.
Laughing

LMFAO.

"Hello MTV.
I have cloned Billie Joe. I've got his brain and looks now.
Please, show my face in a TV commercial sometime.
Thanks."

xD And! That was no criticism towards turboscratch. Hence, I never used his name.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 19th, 2006 at 04:32am
Gustavatron.:
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
Buttermilk Rusk:
Gustavatron.:
~Kielbasa Sausage~:

Ahaha.
Laughing

LMFAO.

"Hello MTV.
I have cloned Billie Joe. I've got his brain and looks now.
Please, show my face in a TV commercial sometime.
Thanks."

xD And! That was no criticism towards turboscratch. Hence, I never used his name.
xD

-is going to stop slating now.-
Register