Sports being compulsary in schools

AuthorMessage
fender
Geek
fender
February 24th, 2006 at 02:50pm
in my school its compulsory, theres core and GCSE, i took GCSE, and i use core as a chance to go for a smoke!!! so im glad its there! but you have 4 hours a fortnight (we have a 2 week timtable) of P.E. for core, and 6 for GCSE. some times a do core, coz i am a fitness freak!
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
February 25th, 2006 at 12:11pm
We have 1/2 hour EVERY day, and you have to be in it. It's better now than it was when we had long sessions though.

I think that making kids do it on school canmake them do less of it elsewhere, because you get mocked for being bad in it. It's more socially acceptable to be bad in all other classes than PE.
LAL
Geek
LAL
May 6th, 2006 at 03:16pm
I tink we sud ave a choice in whether we want to do sports in school. Last gymnastics and I hurt my back, pulled a muscle in my arm and neraly broke my neck. (not at the same time)
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 6th, 2006 at 03:47pm
People who get sports or PE as we call it are so lucky. I've moved into a different timetable where we don't get it anymore, it's so good to be able to have a run around once a week and get a break from normal classes with your friends. It should always be compulsary unless you have a reason that would make it unreasonable to do.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 6th, 2006 at 04:35pm
You have to do it at my school until end of third year, in forth year you can go to the computer room.

But I don't think making it compulsory for everyone will make much of a difference, if you don't want to do PE you just say you forgot your bag, or forge a note that says you're sick and then you get the rest of the hour to doss around.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 7th, 2006 at 09:39am
I think it should be compulsory, people have started getting lazy, i think everyone should have to do it, whether they like it or not
Jenjenjen
Falling In Love With The Board
Jenjenjen
May 7th, 2006 at 10:41am
We have one hour PE every day. I love it when we run, but I hate it when we do sports. I suck at it.

It's a good thing. I'm not an active person, so it helps a lot.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 7th, 2006 at 06:26pm
I think that they school's should have PE. but should have differnet types of PE.
some kids-like me-suck at basket Ball,Foot Ball,soccer and stuff like that.
They should have Swiming and Rock climbing and stuff.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 7th, 2006 at 06:31pm
+_Pledged_+:
There's a lot of controversy in my area about whether sports should be compulsary in secondary schools. In my opinion it's one of the few ways teenagers get exercise these days, so it should be compulsery. What is your opinion about it?

So? We shouldn't be forced to do anything. And what if one were too completely despise the selection of sports?
Forcng people to do anything that they don't want to do only causes despair, hatred, and a need to rebel through any means necassary, you're advocating the implementation of a crime-spree over excersize.

School itself should not be compulsory.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 7th, 2006 at 07:23pm
We had required physical education, which to me was worse than gaining a few pounds. Sports in my area are just another way people make you feel like shit.
carrot
Idiot
carrot
May 8th, 2006 at 05:20am
its compulsory at uor school....5 years all we played was netbal and the guys played rugby..i want to play ball with a load of sweat boys..but thats jsut me.....and if its not that its dodgeball...which...well (breaks down crying) is painful when tis against the boys
Matty.
Matty.
May 10th, 2006 at 01:41am
i always liked it, but maybe thats because im a natural athlete
Matty.
Matty.
May 10th, 2006 at 01:55am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
i always liked it, but maybe thats because im a natural athlete

pffft... lol nah u are ownage at sport

Cool
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 10th, 2006 at 05:48pm
i think it should be compulsiery (shit spelling) because to many kids go home pig out on junk food and sit in front of they're TV's And computers all night.
SinfulDavey
Idiot
SinfulDavey
May 11th, 2006 at 12:18am
Magne:
i think it should be compulsiery (shit spelling) because to many kids go home pig out on junk food and sit in front of they're TV's And computers all night.
very good point, It isn't compulsary at our school. I don't take any sports, fact of the matter is I have enough shit to do
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
May 11th, 2006 at 02:00am
I hate PE but I think that compulsory PE lessons during most years should be good for the fattness in today's society. Years 11 and 12 isn't compulsory thank god. I ride my bike, I know what's good for me.
CRazy bread
Geek
CRazy bread
May 11th, 2006 at 01:38pm
yeah sports are compulsory in my school, i hate playing really competitive sports like netball or football esp hockey! but we've been doing yoga and rounders which are more enjoyable and less competitive so i don't really mind. I'd say it should be compulsory but teachers should let everyone do it at their own pace instead of pressuring the ones that aren't good at sports and making fun of them etc
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 11th, 2006 at 03:31pm
CRazy bread:
yeah sports are compulsory in my school, i hate playing really competitive sports like netball or football esp hockey! but we've been doing yoga and rounders which are more enjoyable and less competitive so i don't really mind. I'd say it should be compulsory[b] but teachers should let everyone do it at their own pace instead of pressuring the ones that aren't good at sports and making fun of them etc
[/b]

good point,
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
May 13th, 2006 at 12:09pm
I think its a good thing, I don't really do much sport otherwise, though I do do some.

Its stuff like running and gymnastics I don't like. I love the summer sports. It would also be cool if we could do stuff like rock climbing too.
I had a really nice p.e teacher, but then I got moved up into the higher set so now my techers not so nice. But after a while she was pretty good.

But there are just so many kids who dont exercise though, so its good for them. I'd like to do more at school too. But that won't happen
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
May 15th, 2006 at 01:23am
i hate p.e , it's pointless cause when you want to run or play tennis or whatever...you just go and do that..you don't need a friggin lesson for it. anyways...it's pointlesscause p.e wont get you anywhere. unless you wanna be an athlete.
Register