Is being educated not cool?

AuthorMessage
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
April 20th, 2006 at 12:20am
September_has_Ended:
Are you kidding me? Without an education you are NOTHING. You need to know math so you aren't walking around saying "How many of these can I buy with my dollars?"

Everything you learn in school, you will need. I don't care if you take remedial ass picking. At least you'll learn how to be descreet when you have a wedgie.

Tell that to the kids I go to school with.

It isn't cool to be "gangsta" apparently. None of them give a flying fuck, which is really sad.
Smile, you're dead!
Jackass
Smile, you're dead!
April 20th, 2006 at 04:51am
To be smart is cool.
But to have an annoying attituid and showing off that you understand things easily is not cool.

I dont know how 'bout you guys but here, where i live, smart people is not getting picked on - it is the ones who is telling everyone about their intellect and sucks up to the teacher.

It is pretty much a question about humility. If you are smart - you dont need to be a besserwisser.
HunniPunk
Geek
HunniPunk
April 20th, 2006 at 10:05am
Bloodraine:
Cupid Stunt:
Bloodraine:
Cupid Stunt:
and Languages! No offense, but in most countries around the world, they speak English! A friend of mine speant ages becoming fluent in Spanish, only to go to Spain and find they all spoke English!

It's just common courtesy, really.

6% of the world speaks english, it's not fair on the other 94% now, is it?. Maybe it's just because i'm a person who has a mind built for language and not mathematics, but I don't see why we can't go to the effort to learn another man's tongue. Why should they learn ours?

Only 6%? Right, I've been told my facts wrong. I was told it was something 90% of the world who spoke English.
Besides, I don't really have any plans to go to any countires where they won't speak English (I'm going to the US of A when I have money), so there's not much point if I'm not gonig to use it.
And you only really need to know how to say hello, goodbye, thanks, sorry, where's the toliet? and fuck off.

But thats just my opinion.

90%? Shocked

Well seeing as only one of the countries on the top 10 world population chart actually speaks English, that is a big big over estimate.

I'm pretty big on travel (I am to visit every country before I die) so that's why I have a better appreciation of language. I've always had a big fascination with South America there is a Spanish connection there (although there is a lot of portuguese too), so i'm going to use my Spanish GCSE in the future, hopefully. Cool

Have you ever been to Panama? my favourite place ever Retard and mostly Spanish is spoken there too, a little bit of English.
HunniPunk
Geek
HunniPunk
April 20th, 2006 at 10:06am
Cupid Stunt:
Coff:
Cupid Stunt:
Hmm, I'm known for saying fuck school but that's because I don't like the people there cuz they're pricks and because I find it rather boring. I don't mind learning about things I'm interested in and will find useful later in life but useless things like History and Geography should be scrapped.
I mean who gives a flying fuck about some guy that died a few hundred years ago? And why bother learning about the population in other countries? That and why learn to read a map when you can ask for directions?
and Languages! No offense, but in most countries around the world, they speak English! A friend of mine speant ages becoming fluent in Spanish, only to go to Spain and find they all spoke English!

History and geography gives us an understanding of how the world works, the problems with our world, and past problems. They are important.

And languages, well, I don't even know what to say to that. Its just courtesy to learn their language. A lot of other languages are a lot more beautiful than English.

What if you and someone else really wanted a job, or, lets say a promotion.

The boss had to decided between you, and this other person. So, to get an idea of how you interacted with people, they brought in people, and gave you a situation you had to deal with. Lets say that these people were from another country, and you and them could not understand each other, but the other person going for the job could.

Who would be more likely to get the job?

The other person, of course. Knowing another language is an important skill in the workforce.

I see your point but I'm not going to be stuck in that sort of job. I'm gonna be a proffesional muscian and if I can;t do that, I'll be a guitar technician.

And things like deciding who should have been king in 1066 really isn't relavent cuz they're all dead now anyway.Maybe if it was a history of politics or medicine I would be more interested.
And Geography is only good is you want to travel, which isn't really my thing.

it is relavent, because if you look at history and the mistakes that people made then we can know what not to do. that's common sense.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
April 20th, 2006 at 10:13am
They're uncool because they think that's uncool. Why it should be a shame? They're still teenagers, and they think that cool thing is to smoke or have bad marks at school. But when you will get better job than them, they will eat themself because they were 'stupid' as youngs.
snappyfish
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
snappyfish
April 20th, 2006 at 11:31am
whats so wrong about being smart...maybe it just makes other ppl jealous!as long as u dnt flaunt ure knowledge and be a snob theres nothing wrong i think!after all...u have to get a job to live!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 20th, 2006 at 12:33pm
the goverment now are thinking about has from next year giving kids the choice of choosing between English, maths and a science, because they reckon that the kids who are cutting themslevs are doing it because school is to hard. I think its stupid my exams were harder than many are know and that has been prooven. And my mates didnt cut themselves.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:41am
Magne:
the goverment now are thinking about has from next year giving kids the choice of choosing between English, maths and a science, because they reckon that the kids who are cutting themslevs are doing it because school is to hard. I think its stupid my exams were harder than many are know and that has been prooven. And my mates didnt cut themselves.

Rolling Eyes
I know.
Its been proven that the exams people like you and my mum sat were much harder, and your generations got on fine.

Much as I'd love to drop maths, Its only a few years of my life at school so why get upset about it?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:49am
The thing that get me..

The government say they want more people to go to uni

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 22nd, 2006 at 08:35am
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

Do they have fee help or anything?

Like, in Australia, we have fee help, I cant remember what it is called, but basically the government pays for your schooling at Uni, or TAFE (But not private colleges) and you pay them back when you earn over a certain amount of money. So, if you never earn over that amount of money, you never have to pay them back. Its like $30,000 or something.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 22nd, 2006 at 11:29am
Coff:
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

Like, in Australia, we have fee help, I cant remember what it is called, but basically the government pays for your schooling at Uni, or TAFE (But not private colleges) and you pay them back when you earn over a certain amount of money. So, if you never earn over that amount of money, you never have to pay them back. Its like $30,000 or something.

That's the other thing...they got rid of grants. I think you have to have an extreme case to get one now.
You get a student loan, but that's for stuff like food, etc. Living expenses whilst actually at university. We have to pay for tuition fees. for accomadation. I agree with paying for our own accomadation, but for TUITION FEES? It's totally ridiculous.
Bunnyrabbit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bunnyrabbit
April 23rd, 2006 at 04:28am
school pisses me off, but im still in most of the top classes. I think you can think about school what you want, but as long as you finish it ans get a good job then its all good, or you could become a famous rockstar like Billie Joe, but there is not a very high chance you will...
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 23rd, 2006 at 04:31am
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

Surprised

Bitches!
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 23rd, 2006 at 12:48pm
Basket*Case:
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

Surprised

Bitches!

yes!! kill the hypocrtical government! I can't stand how they do that. By the time I'm able to go to college the prices will proably risen much more
chump
chump
April 24th, 2006 at 08:14pm
Cemetry:
...but in Germany there's a lack of smart people you can actually talk with...

thanks -.-
maybe youre going to the wrong places...

(you know its all aggro berlins fault lmfao )
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 24th, 2006 at 08:31pm
A Clockwork Orange:
Coff:
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

That's the other thing...they got rid of grants. I think you have to have an extreme case to get one now.
You get a student loan, but that's for stuff like food, etc. Living expenses whilst actually at university. We have to pay for tuition fees. for accomadation. I agree with paying for our own accomadation, but for TUITION FEES? It's totally ridiculous.

Really? Thats quite stupid. I mean, what if you are really smart, but come from a really poor background?

Or, even if you have saved up enough money to go, that could get stolen, etc.

Yeah, even at the private collages in Australia, the Commonwealth bank, for some of them, gives the students fee help.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 25th, 2006 at 05:12am
Coff:
A Clockwork Orange:
Coff:
Clockwork Orange:
The thing that get me..

So what do they do?

RAISE THE FUCKING FEES.

Really? Thats quite stupid. I mean, what if you are really smart, but come from a really poor background?

Or, even if you have saved up enough money to go, that could get stolen, etc.

Yeah, even at the private collages in Australia, the Commonwealth bank, for some of them, gives the students fee help.

in britain they have a system where they will help towards your education like collage but when you start work and after a certain pay bracket you have to start paying it back, i think that people should pay towards they're eduaction and if they cant afford it there should be some sort of system where they dont have to pay, all in all i think if you can afford to pay then you do if you cant then you shouldnt have to,
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 25th, 2006 at 11:47am
I don't think you should have to pay for education at all..

I think at uni, you should pay for accomdation fees, and your food and extra living expenses. But you should NOT have to pay for the tuition. Which we do.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 25th, 2006 at 11:54am
A Clockwork Orange:

I think at uni, you should pay for accomdation fees, and your food and extra living expenses. But you should NOT have to pay for the tuition. Which we do.

but if your perants can afford it why shouldnt they pay, it would less of a strain on the state.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 25th, 2006 at 11:59am
Magne:
A Clockwork Orange:

but if your perants can afford it why shouldnt they pay, it would less of a strain on the state.

Because it's always the middle of the range people who get the worst deal. Rich people can easily afford it. Poor people would get help. But for everyone else, they can just afford it so they get no help. Even though it puts a strain on them.
I dunno..education is just something I strongly believe in being free.
Register