Is being educated not cool?

AuthorMessage
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 7th, 2006 at 08:58am
Beeing cool nowadays changed a bit. It's not just the stereotypes we see in the teen movies with the cool blond guy in the footbal team in highschool.
I think you can be *cool* as long as you dont follow the masses and just be yourself. People usually respond to uniqueness and find you *interesting*. And you don't have to be dumb as a brick to be cool. You can be educated and still manage the feat. It's really not that hard to get people to respect you, educated or uneducated.
If you are yourself then you're already cool.
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
July 7th, 2006 at 09:10pm
Education is indeed very important.
If nobody went to school, most of us would be amazingly stupid, possibly living in a cardboard box.
School prepares you for the real world, where you'll have to know how to do all sorts of things, even if you think you may never have to use, say, math during any one time of your life.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 7th, 2006 at 09:14pm
Lena.:
If nobody went to school, most of us would be amazingly stupid, possibly living in a cardboard box.
School prepares you for the real world, where you'll have to know how to do all sorts of things, even if you think you may never have to use, say, math during any one time of your life.
Yeah. But we'd be stupid and happy, wouldn't we? If ignorance is bliss, and I assure you, it is...
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 12:03am
In our school, it actually is cool. A lot of our sports-players are pretty smart. But there are girls who will act stupid for attention, and that's not right. I say, if you're smart, show the world! I'd rather sound smart than sound like a redneck!
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 4th, 2006 at 09:51am
not here it isnt with the rise or CHAV culture they bring the world down (well not all of them) I hardly know anyone who is proud of their mind or of their grades...no one will own up to being good at something but they will neither own up to being bad at something...
derpina
derpina

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 07:14pm
i think education is very important. like if we didn't go to school, how would we be able to post on here? i guess college isn't for everyone, but K-12 is very important
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
August 5th, 2006 at 07:59pm
Kitti:
Lena.:
Yeah. But we'd be stupid and happy, wouldn't we? If ignorance is bliss, and I assure you, it is...

Maybe but we wouldn't get that warm, gooy feeling you get inside when you out smart someone
Lee
Idiot
Lee

Mibba
August 5th, 2006 at 11:26pm
no
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 6th, 2006 at 12:32am
Incubus:
Kitti:
Lena.:

Maybe but we wouldn't get that warm, gooy feeling you get inside when you out smart someone
Never use your knowledge to make someone feel beneath you. That MIGHT NOT have been what you ment but if it was I just wanted to say. :/
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 6th, 2006 at 02:28am
education is a good thing. problem is, the whole thing brings new labels against the smart people eg 'nerd' 'boffin' etc. plus, your stuck in the same classes, with the same people, who could be real assholes, or just pick on you. on the other hand, you do need to learn stuff, and make friends and whatnot.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 08:53am
right this is going to be VERY angry:

i'll tell you what not going to school does for you, well the chances are you'll turn to crime to get what you fucking well want, INNOCENT people then have to pay for your sponging and crimes, for FUCK sake leave INNOCENT people on busses alone, you are the scum of the fucking wanking earth who deserves to be in jail and rot, there is a reason why i am posting this and if anyone wants to know why just fucking ask,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 11:05am
Lucifers Angel:

i'll tell you what not going to school does for you, well the chances are you'll turn to crime to get what you fucking well want, INNOCENT people then have to pay for your sponging and crimes, for FUCK sake leave INNOCENT people on busses alone, you are the scum of the fucking wanking earth who deserves to be in jail and rot, there is a reason why i am posting this and if anyone wants to know why just fucking ask,

I don't really care what your reason is, that is so untrue it isnt even funny. Some people have no choice and they have to drop out of school. Not every single person without a diplomoa is a a horrible person. Im not sure if saying fuck every line of your argument was meant to make your point seem more valid, but it didnt. Insulting people who couldnt finish school, or choose not to is pointless. it's also insane to make such a gigantic sterotype like that. One personal story you may have doesnt effect the rest of the world, and is no reason to be judgmental.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 11:14am
Kurtni:
Lucifers Angel:

I don't really care what your reason is, that is so untrue it isnt even funny. Some people have no choice and they have to drop out of school. Not every single person without a diplomoa is a a horrible person. Im not sure if saying fuck every line of your argument was meant to make your point seem more valid, but it didnt. Insulting people who couldnt finish school, or choose not to is pointless. it's also insane to make such a gigantic sterotype like that. One personal story you may have doesnt effect the rest of the world, and is no reason to be judgmental.

sorry but i was talking about the idiots who drop out of school and then turn to crime to support themselves surely they can help that cant they? I know perhaps i was angry when i said what i did, but i was talking about the drop out who do nothing all day with they're lives apart from smoke they're dope and wear they're £150 trainers which they no doubt stole from a shop.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 11:25am
There is plnety of people who graudated from school who shoplift and steal. its an unfair stereotype to have about them. You may not agree with their descion to drop out, but thats not the point.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 11:27am
Kurtni:
There is plnety of people who graudated from school who shoplift and steal. its an unfair stereotype to have about them. You may not agree with their descion to drop out, but thats not the point.

if they drop out for a good reason then fine, and i know there are plenty of people who finish school and shoplift but we are the ones who are left paying for them at the end of the day.

And i am sorry again, i didnt mean to be so angry but somthing happened that has made me upset.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 11th, 2006 at 11:15am
Bloodraine:
Everyone calls smart people 'geeks' at my school. I get the piss taken for using long words at lot.

I don't mind...as long as my intelligence is at a satisfactory level for me, balls to what anyone else thinks of it.

I know that when I was in fifth and sixth, I was made fun of for knowing big words. Being smart isn't cool when you're little unless of course, someone needs to cheat on a test.

No seriously. Sometimes, you're considered like, not part of a group anymore if you like to read, or if you know a lot about something. This isn't particularly fair, but sometimes, its true. its really weird.

like, in my class (india), the guys make fun of anyone who speaks english correctly. like "ooh look at me! im so cool! i can speak english! meh meh meh" but then, when someone has a problem with english, they make fun of them too. i dunno.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 14th, 2006 at 01:06am
Many people think that being educated can be a turn off for some people, but hell, if someone's educated, it gives us something to talk about and makes someone much more interesting if all they know is what they see on television. I know that's a huge steryotype right there, but I think you get my point here. Being educated makes someone smarter (durr.), but also makes someone more interesting, and sociable...in most cases.

But that's just moi.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 03:16pm
yeah. that's really true. when you're educated, college, eighth grade, whatever, you have something to talk about. life isn't all "did you see the OC yesterday?".

i mean, you can only have a meaningful discussion if you know and understand something meaningful. and that usually comes from being educated.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
August 26th, 2006 at 06:49pm
in wigan, it comes down, in general to stereotypes.

basically, the chavs think school isnt cool, education isnt cool, that it's better to be thick

the emos & goths tend to thrive on education, love to know longer words than everyone else, love to know more about everything really. they usually always enjoy bitching about the failures of the education system

the grungers & other rocker type people just tend to not give a shit if it's cool or not, they just do they're own thing, they try a bit at school but not too much

yknow?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
August 27th, 2006 at 05:34am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
in wigan, it comes down, in general to stereotypes.

basically, the chavs think school isnt cool, education isnt cool, that it's better to be thick

the emos & goths tend to thrive on education, love to know longer words than everyone else, love to know more about everything really. they usually always enjoy bitching about the failures of the education system

the grungers & other rocker type people just tend to not give a shit if it's cool or not, they just do they're own thing, they try a bit at school but not too much

yknow?

Yeah, its pretty much the same here.

The goth kids are either like that, and love to look more intelligent than others, or they are the type that go out and get pissed, and couldn't give a shit at all, the surfers act like they're too stupid, the rich kids act superior and like they are all knowing. Me? I got into the Challenge class at school (which is basically the smart class), because I knew that I would be with other people who would want to try, and that would allow me to actually learn. Its excellent in the challenge class, I learn a lot, and we can discuss issues, and so on. I love it.
Register