BOOK: Catcher In The Rye

AuthorMessage
ellie ex-friend
Falling In Love With The Board
ellie ex-friend
February 18th, 2007 at 11:54am
...all I know is that it features in the Emo song so I stay well away.

But what is it actually about?
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 18th, 2007 at 07:42pm
It was a little strange and sometimes I couldn't get my head around Holden...
But as I continued reading, I realized that I'm so much like him!
It was a wonderfully written book and probably one of my favorites.
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
March 5th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Bestbookever.

I've read it so many times.

I'm in love with Holden Caulfield.

tehe
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
March 21st, 2007 at 03:35pm
I've read it now.

Pretty good!

I love how he calls people a prince lmfao

And acts like he is a hardcore drinker etcetc

Holden is hilarious
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
March 23rd, 2007 at 04:55pm
I fucking am Holden Caulfield. I'm sure a lot of you can say the same.

I loved this book because of Holden and they way he was able to say everything so well. He's a really brilliant kid, but he's uneducated, which is where the perception that he's a delinquent comes from.

I almost started crying when he was talking about the museum and how he likes it 'cause it never changes, and you change, but the museum never does, because I remember trying to explain the EXACT same thing to my 7th grade history teacher long before I ever read this book. I can also really relate to when he says things like "I called him Ackley Kid again....I guess it kept me from getting bored or something". That's me as well. This book is my favorite because of Holden and the fact that I'm almost a mirror image of him.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 25th, 2007 at 08:13am
we're all holden. (h)
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 14th, 2008 at 11:23pm
I must be the only person in the world who strongly disliked Holden. he just complained the whole time! it got really boring for me.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2008 at 06:46am
victoria california:
I must be the only person in the world who strongly disliked Holden. he just complained the whole time! it got really boring for me.
...Thats what I thought the first time I read the book. Coolio

But after you start to analyze it you realise that all of his opinions are quite brilliant and true. I am not very like Holden by means of being a sarcastic, respnsibilities-hating moaner, but I agree with everything he said and thought. Con
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
June 15th, 2008 at 07:36am
\o/ It was my GCSE text.
Really rather good Cool
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
June 15th, 2008 at 05:14pm
I read the summary and plotline on Wikipedia, and it seemed like the kind of story to go on Mibba, though it was written better, most likely.

It seems okay, I wouldn't dash out to buy it... I'd loan from the library when I have the time free.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 15th, 2008 at 10:55pm
why?:
victoria california:
...Thats what I thought the first time I read the book. Coolio

But after you start to analyze it you realise that all of his opinions are quite brilliant and true. I am not very like Holden by means of being a sarcastic, respnsibilities-hating moaner, but I agree with everything he said and thought. Con
yeah but i don't really care if his opinions are true since there are tons of people i agree with, he was just a constant complainer and it royally pissed me off Sad
Olivia Wilde.
Addict
Olivia Wilde.

Blog
June 15th, 2008 at 11:20pm
I reeeally liked Holden tehe

he's a typical emo kid <3
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
June 16th, 2008 at 11:31pm
I love Holden. I love the book; it's my favorite ever. I know it's not the best-written book ever but it's my favorite nonetheless. I read it once a year, each summer, always at night.

It's. So. Brilliant. <3333333
MTVMAKESMEWANNASMOKECRACK
MTVMAKESMEWANNASMOKECRACK
June 19th, 2008 at 07:33pm
I read a fair amount of historical and war novels, but holy shit this is probably one of the most tenuous and annoying books I've ever read.
Vampires Are Real
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vampires Are Real
December 26th, 2008 at 02:42am
This is my favourite book of all time and I don't think that will EVER change. I'd read it ages ago but I couldn't find it anywhere apart from the library, so there was no way I could buy it. But my mother brought it for me for christmas and now that I pocess it, I don't put it down xD I think that it's a great read and I would tell anyone to read it if they're interested <3
xoJacQui
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
December 29th, 2008 at 05:08pm
My ex-boyfriend's name was Holden after the main character. He had even more emotional problems though.
It feels weird reading that book now. lol
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
December 30th, 2008 at 07:23am
Moonlight Drive:
My ex-boyfriend's name was Holden after the main character. He had even more emotional problems though.
It feels weird reading that book now. lol
tehe My friend was named after Phoebe.
Vampires Are Real
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vampires Are Real
December 30th, 2008 at 07:53pm
XD
Effy
Addict
Effy
January 22nd, 2009 at 10:46am
It isn't that weird that almost everybody identifies with Holden, he is a teenager that doesnt know what to do with his live, I bet 2/3 of all teenagers feels like that, I sure do Razz and so I also really identify with Holden, especialy because he pretty much hátes everything. And so do I Laughing

I really love this book, I am reading it for the second time now. I got it in the library at school and Im thinking of not returning it at all Razz
Register