July 14th, 2006 at 06:32pm
Hhmm.. Anarchy, eh?

*cough*
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
July 15th, 2006 at 09:17pm
*_dragonfly_*:
I dont really think the world would be ready for anarchy....In some way, people need laws (of course not all laws...some laws are just stupid)

I mean...think of it...if for example there was no obligation to go to school...I think a lot of children would not go to school any more...

Some people are just that dumb...
Only if the people would be wise enough..then anarchy would work out...
I'm sorry to pick on you... But I think reading through four and a half pages of this nonsense is enough.

School, school, school. That is one of the biggest arguments against anarchy. Anarchists believe that education comes from experience, not sitting in a classroom being stupid while someone rarely anyone respects talks. Now granted, basic grammar, mathematical and reading skills are necessary to live a not comepletely uneducated lifestyle, but the rest should come from you.

Okay, I know that was biased. As is this article but taking the time to read it wouldn't hurt. I heard of that site about a year ago from some GSBians on the topic of Satanism. Someone reffered it to me when we started talking about the Nine Satanic Statements.

Anyway, I cannot rant as long as I'd like. I'll be back soon to continue, adieu.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 20th, 2006 at 06:21pm
Terminal Preppie:
*_dragonfly_*:
I dont really think the world would be ready for anarchy....In some way, people need laws (of course not all laws...some laws are just stupid)

I mean...think of it...if for example there was no obligation to go to school...I think a lot of children would not go to school any more...

Some people are just that dumb...
Only if the people would be wise enough..then anarchy would work out...
I'm sorry to pick on you... But I think reading through four and a half pages of this nonsense is enough.

School, school, school. That is one of the biggest arguments against anarchy. Anarchists believe that education comes from experience, not sitting in a classroom being stupid while someone rarely anyone respects talks. Now granted, basic grammar, mathematical and reading skills are necessary to live a not comepletely uneducated lifestyle, but the rest should come from you.

Okay, I know that was biased. As is this article but taking the time to read it wouldn't hurt. I heard of that site about a year ago from some GSBians on the topic of Satanism. Someone reffered it to me when we started talking about the Nine Satanic Statements.

Anyway, I cannot rant as long as I'd like. I'll be back soon to continue, adieu.

School is not just about teaching it's an experiance. It's a place where children can be taught basic communication skills which progress as they go up the years. It's all a place where they can congregate to interact socially with those in a similar age group, which cannot be done any othe rway at that age. As when young you become friends with the children of your parents friends, which does not offer the diversty that a school can achieve.

It allows children to take on different perspectives that are not past down from parenting styles. Also school are important in passing down the history of our culture. Anyone cna learn to read to use Shakespeares work. But it's takes a proffessional to teach the meaning behind it.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 21st, 2006 at 08:35pm
I believe in balance. There are flaws with both anarchy and authority. Authority and power corrupts, and this may not be the case everywhere but it's a fact. I agree with Spirit Of '77 that a group of people [albeit elected by the people] making decisions for the rest of the population is unfair and can be ineffective. Anarchy would give the people what they want, but we'd eventually lose all aspects of civilization. There may always be crime and mass destruction in the world, but at least with laws and authority there is a chance those committing the acts will be brought to justice. At the end of the day that's all we can ask for, we don't and never will live in a perfect society. I think that if the people had more power, not enough to defeat the system and live as they choose completely, but enough to have a bigger say and impact on their lives in regards with how the country is run, things may be better.
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
September 22nd, 2006 at 05:04am
I belice that anarchy could work in some countrys. In most poor countrys people are running around killinge achother and what does the goverment do? simple, they shoot them. is that right? no. They need to have some sort of goverment that can stop them from destrying them selves. but if one man comes and says "i'm your leader, ober me" than they'll just shoot him. So Anarchy could lead to more pain for them, or could it make things better? that everyone could decide for themselves. that's comunsism. that works in poor countrys were you kill anyone who's richer than you. but in western and rich countrys's anarchy would not work. we need someone to make sure that our steeets are safe. anarchy was fine in ww2, when hitler was around. than anarchy should have been practiced
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 23rd, 2006 at 08:46pm
i really dont feeling like discussing it all and typing it all out right now, so i'll just leave it at this: Anarchy is NOT chaos, anarchy is NOT no rules. Anarchy is simply no government. i really believe the ideals of anarcho-communism would be best for everyone, it's just a shame that there are so many people out there who wouldn't be able to handle it.

so basically,
- your idea of anarchy is probably wrong
- i think it's a great idea
- people are too assholic for it to every work
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
September 23rd, 2006 at 11:32pm
I think anarchy is a very ignorant thing for posers to say to sound cool. Its all you here from people who are into punk. Basically to people, you are only punk if you beliueve in some sort of chaos in the goverment. I hate the government and its "leaders" as much as the next guy, but I think without laws and leaders, we will be dead.

People need to keep order, not so much order til it becomes a fucking communist country, just enough to show we have some power without being a facist. I cant stand anarchy or the governemtn, but I rather have peace rather then chaos around the nation.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 24th, 2006 at 11:08am
Love my insanity:
I think anarchy is a very ignorant thing for posers to say to sound cool. Its all you here from people who are into punk. Basically to people, you are only punk if you beliueve in some sort of chaos in the goverment. I hate the government and its "leaders" as much as the next guy, but I think without laws and leaders, we will be dead.

People need to keep order, not so much order til it becomes a fucking communist country, just enough to show we have some power without being a facist. I cant stand anarchy or the governemtn, but I rather have peace rather then chaos around the nation.

that's just the thing though. i agree with you in that a lot of people just say they believe in it because it's the "punk" or "cool" thing to do, and i agree that things never work with chaos and without laws, but that's not what anarchy is. basically any punk loser who preaches to you about anarchy will probably be like "yeah! choas! anarchy!", etc. (which, would make sense, i guess, if you're using the word "anarchy" in just the sense that things were out of control).

anarchy as a form of government (or lack there of) isn't about chaos and no laws, etc. It's no leaders, yes. no leaders, no government, but this doesn't mean that there is chaos. instead of having an overpowering government deciding everything for a large population, the people would get together and decide how they want things to be together (which is why it would only really be possible in small communities). There would still be rules and stuff, it would just be decided on by the community (the people who would be following them) as oppose to a government deciding everything for the entire population (and generally only taking their own beliefs/needs into consideration). (you said yourself that you'd rather have peace than chaos. well, anarchy, for the most part, is set around ideals of peace. the only way i can think that these punk losers got the idea of anarchy being chaos would be from listening to too many conservative/oppositionist viewpoints of anarchy).

as for that comment about communism, not all communism is bad. we are taught to believe that all communism is bad because te countries we live in aren't communist, for the most part. there are actually certain forms that just ensure more freedom, as opposse to fascism (such as anarcho-communism. in this form of communism, money is distributed equally among everyone so that they can spend their lives doing more forfilling things than going to work every day, and all the things that we would lack from the lack of jobs (construction workers, clothing makers, etc.) would be done by volunteers).

funny where you can ignorance these days, isn't it? Laughing
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
September 24th, 2006 at 06:21pm
Watoosh!:
Love my insanity:

that's just the thing though. i agree with you in that a lot of people just say they believe in it because it's the "punk" or "cool" thing to do, and i agree that things never work with chaos and without laws, but that's not what anarchy is. basically any punk loser who preaches to you about anarchy will probably be like "yeah! choas! anarchy!", etc. (which, would make sense, i guess, if you're using the word "anarchy" in just the sense that things were out of control).

anarchy as a form of government (or lack there of) isn't about chaos and no laws, etc. It's no leaders, yes. no leaders, no government, but this doesn't mean that there is chaos. instead of having an overpowering government deciding everything for a large population, the people would get together and decide how they want things to be together (which is why it would only really be possible in small communities). There would still be rules and stuff, it would just be decided on by the community (the people who would be following them) as oppose to a government deciding everything for the entire population (and generally only taking their own beliefs/needs into consideration). (you said yourself that you'd rather have peace than chaos. well, anarchy, for the most part, is set around ideals of peace. the only way i can think that these punk losers got the idea of anarchy being chaos would be from listening to too many conservative/oppositionist viewpoints of anarchy).

as for that comment about communism, not all communism is bad. we are taught to believe that all communism is bad because te countries we live in aren't communist, for the most part. there are actually certain forms that just ensure more freedom, as opposse to fascism (such as anarcho-communism. in this form of communism, money is distributed equally among everyone so that they can spend their lives doing more forfilling things than going to work every day, and all the things that we would lack from the lack of jobs (construction workers, clothing makers, etc.) would be done by volunteers).

funny where you can ignorance these days, isn't it? Laughing

I never learned about communism officially, I heard basic things on it from my brother as we were talknig about certain forms of government that wouldnt work. Communism wouldnt work because they basically try to take away any form of being an individual. In deeper thought, in MY mind, communism is bullshit and pure facism at its prime. Anarchy on the other hand, is quite dumb. Even in a small community you would have rebels and no one to control it because basically everyone is epual, the same moto for communism you see. Maybe my facts are off compared to your "higher knowledge" oh powerful one, but my views are mine.
Communism is a bad thing if you disect it to the fullest extent. Anarchy is complete horse shit to me, end of my complaint, because without leaders and government over the nation and the lack of laws, things would fall apart and we couldnt get together in small meetings in cities because the only people who would feel obligated to go would be someone actually concerned for the WHOLE damn city.
I know for one not a lot of people care about our city/county. All the people that would go would be the parents concerned about there kids, meaning probably religious folks or stay at home wives who shelter their kids.

Maybe I'm being bias, and labeling, but I'm not putting on a generalazation, I'm putting up what I think. I label bad yes, but it makes most sense in my head.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 24th, 2006 at 08:52pm
most "rebels" dont want control, they just want to stand out and make a name for themselves or an idea.

but anyway, i know it wouldn't work with the way most people are these days. i dont remember ever saying it would. all i did was correct your idea of anarchy, because you (much like everyone else) had no idea what you were talking about. but hey, it's your opinion...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 25th, 2006 at 08:09am
I'm getting this urge to watch A Clockwork Orange. I'd love to live in that sort of world. OK, no not really. There was that issue of the imitations being made after the movie was released where that teenagers beat up the homeless guy to death. Yeah, that'd suck. But I'd just like to see what it's like. Very Happy

I think it's a very interesting topic.
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
September 25th, 2006 at 05:09pm
Anji:
I'm getting this urge to watch A Clockwork Orange. I'd love to live in that sort of world. OK, no not really. There was that issue of the imitations being made after the movie was released where that teenagers beat up the homeless guy to death. Yeah, that'd suck. But I'd just like to see what it's like. Very Happy

Oh! I heard that movie was good. Different but good. My mother had to do a report on it for her school. Now I have to watch it...I'm curious. Very Happy
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
September 26th, 2006 at 07:27am
Anarchy in countries is the worst thing that could happen. There'd be millions of people who'd be thrown from their homes and goodness knows what else. People wouldn't go to work, therefore, no electricity or anything and eventually, no food.

For those of you who know I have an anarchy symbol tattoo, before you start jibbering on about 'but you have the tattoo! HYPOCRIT!' I got it because it basically reminds me to stay true to my own morals and not to 'follow the leader' when it comes to making descisions. It has absolutely nothing to do with being punk or daydreaming blissfully about pandemonium on earth.
Sylar
Sylar
September 26th, 2006 at 07:44am
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:
haha, the pentagram. that's always fun. just because it always gets to people, you know? like a swastika. haha. it's fucking great.

Why would a pentagram 'get' at people? Eh

It's not an offensive symbol...even Christians use a sort of Pentagram...

Exactly, the pentagram (aka pentacle) is the symbol of Paganism- it represents the goddess Venus's travels across the heavens each year and her embodiment, the goat.
Satanism, which the pentacle is mostly associated with, was derived from Paganism as was Christianity and many other religions so basically, for someone to get antsy over it is really quite silly.
Mind you, being a Pagan, I may be a bit biased there.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 27th, 2006 at 04:56pm
Anji:

that's a great movie Cool

but yes, some people do take things like that too far sometimes and just imitate it all to death.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 27th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Mikko Lindström:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:
haha, the pentagram. that's always fun. just because it always gets to people, you know? like a swastika. haha. it's fucking great.

Exactly, the pentagram (aka pentacle) is the symbol of Paganism- it represents the goddess Venus's travels across the heavens each year and her embodiment, the goat.
Satanism, which the pentacle is mostly associated with, was derived from Paganism as was Christianity and many other religions so basically, for someone to get antsy over it is really quite silly.

hey, i never said people being offended by it wasn't completely rediculous and stupid, i just said that they are. that'd be like someone else being offended by a cross. it's rediculous, but hey, some people can be pretty rediculous about things.
Sylar
Sylar
September 30th, 2006 at 09:13pm
Watoosh!:
Mikko Lindström:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

hey, i never said people being offended by it wasn't completely rediculous and stupid, i just said that they are. that'd be like someone else being offended by a cross. it's rediculous, but hey, some people can be pretty rediculous about things.

I wasn't getting at you in particular, I just thought I'd stick my two cents in there Cool
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
September 30th, 2006 at 09:31pm
Anarchy: Looks good on paper, but won't work.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 30th, 2006 at 09:48pm
Droog:
Anarchy: Looks good on paper, but won't work.

It more than looking good, it's a great concept. The idea of a classless society is excellent... sadly it's also very idealistc and due to past mistakes and the state of the world today, it can't ever work. I would love to live in a world without borders and stereotypes the government places on nations, but sadly we need those now in order to live in a world that isnt utter chaos.
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 1st, 2006 at 11:09am
anarchy is like commumism. great in ideals but shit in practice
Register