AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 4th, 2006 at 10:03am
NeoSteph:
Magne:
blood:
Personally I've never had any trouble with the healthcare system. But I know there are lots of flaws in it. It does need to improve.

But would you rather get free health care that gets it right most the time. Or pay for private healthcare that isnt gurentied(sp) to be perfect either?

but these dr's surgeons should not fuck up to the point where the patient cant work again.

there not perfect, things are bound to go wrong that leads to terrible consequences, i could never be a surgeon it takes alot of courage to be able to face that type of stressful job day in day out.

My brother used to be a surgeon (he now has a cushy consultant job) and he's been sued before, although i don't know all the details except for the patient who tried to sue was full of shit and was found out.

sometimes they won't spot the problem or they'll forget to do something, but that doesn't justify labelling all surgeons as butchers who should be sued for every miner thing that goes wrong, because if that happens medical research will decrease because doctors will be to scared to try new techniques, it will also mean that as a career choice many people will not want to go downt hat road.

(although i think you have a valid liablity case)

i know not everyone is perfect, but however they shouldnt be allowed to just say argh well you have to live like this now for the rest of your life and take pain killers, i would rather be dead then take pain killers every day for the rest of my life.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 4th, 2006 at 11:14am
All you people who say 'The healthcare system needs to improve' are quite frankly for the most part talking out of your arses. We could have a perfect NHS, but people are still going to make mistakes. Doctors are human too, and I bet you've all made mistakes before.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 4th, 2006 at 12:19pm
The only way in which it needs to improve, is that the government needs to put more money into it. And the FA should stop having so much money and give it to the NHS.
Ohh, I'm such an idealist.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 4th, 2006 at 02:30pm
Bloodraine:
All you people who say 'The healthcare system needs to improve' are quite frankly for the most part talking out of your arses. We could have a perfect NHS, but people are still going to make mistakes. Doctors are human too, and I bet you've all made mistakes before.

sure i've made mistakes, but my mistakes didnt leave anhone unable to pick they're child up and cuddle him or go out to work, it has a knock on effect not only does it effect me but it effects my kids and i cannot allow that.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 4th, 2006 at 02:44pm
Magne:
Bloodraine:

sure i've made mistakes, but my mistakes didnt leave anhone unable to pick they're child up and cuddle him or go out to work, it has a knock on effect not only does it effect me but it effects my kids and i cannot allow that.

Yes but you don't save people's lives day in and day out, do you?

There will always be people who they can't save, or make mistakes with; a butcher can only cut a piece of meat so many times before he botches it (if you get the metaphor). Unfortunately, you're one of them, but there will be many more whose lives are better because of doctors.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 4th, 2006 at 03:53pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:
Bloodraine:

Yes but you don't save people's lives day in and day out, do you?

There will always be people who they can't save, or make mistakes with; a butcher can only cut a piece of meat so many times before he botches it (if you get the metaphor). Unfortunately, you're one of them, but there will be many more whose lives are better because of doctors.

yeah i agree with that. But my surgeon PROMISED me this would be "the fix" he shouldnt make promises that obviously he cant or is unable to keep.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 4th, 2006 at 03:57pm
Magne:
yeah i agree with that. But my surgeon PROMISED me this would be "the fix" he shouldnt make promises that obviously he cant or is unable to keep.

Well perhaps his crystal ball wasn't working but nobody can know that for certain-- I mean, you could have been having your tonsils out and it could go wrong. There just is no guarantee with medicine.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 4th, 2006 at 03:59pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Well perhaps his crystal ball wasn't working but nobody can know that for certain-- I mean, you could have been having your tonsils out and it could go wrong. There just is no guarantee with medicine.

i want to shove his crystle ball where the sun doesnt shine right now, but anyway he shouldnt make promises.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 4th, 2006 at 06:40pm
Bloodraine:

That is very true
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2006 at 06:44am
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

i want to shove his crystle ball where the sun doesnt shine right now, but anyway he shouldnt make promises.

But in cases you might have a patient whose only hope is surgery and there reluctant to go under the knife, so it takes a promise to convince him. I think in most cases surgeons aren't trying to be cocky or big-headed when they promise success with patients, i think it's to do with reassurance.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 5th, 2006 at 08:24am
NeoSteph:
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

But in cases you might have a patient whose only hope is surgery and there reluctant to go under the knife, so it takes a promise to convince him. I think in most cases surgeons aren't trying to be cocky or big-headed when they promise success with patients, i think it's to do with reassurance.

well yeah i can see that, but i would rather have been told the truth than given me false hope, now anouther case of why the ehalth care is failing i opened a letter from my GP today saying that he will no longer treat me at his surgery, and i have to fine a new GP, i however live 6 miles away from the next dr's and i cant drive, he is willing to keep my husbadn and kids on his books, but because i am taking the health system to court he has done this. And i know its because of the court case because the Pratice manager just told me.
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
April 5th, 2006 at 01:37pm
Magne:
NeoSteph:
Magne:
blood:
Personally I've never had any trouble with the healthcare system. But I know there are lots of flaws in it. It does need to improve.

But would you rather get free health care that gets it right most the time. Or pay for private healthcare that isnt gurentied(sp) to be perfect either?

but these dr's surgeons should not fuck up to the point where the patient cant work again.

there not perfect, things are bound to go wrong that leads to terrible consequences, i could never be a surgeon it takes alot of courage to be able to face that type of stressful job day in day out.

My brother used to be a surgeon (he now has a cushy consultant job) and he's been sued before, although i don't know all the details except for the patient who tried to sue was full of shit and was found out.

sometimes they won't spot the problem or they'll forget to do something, but that doesn't justify labelling all surgeons as butchers who should be sued for every miner thing that goes wrong, because if that happens medical research will decrease because doctors will be to scared to try new techniques, it will also mean that as a career choice many people will not want to go downt hat road.

i know not everyone is perfect, but however they shouldnt be allowed to just say argh well you have to live like this now for the rest of your life and take pain killers, i would rather be dead then take pain killers every day for the rest of my life.

Ok, this is just what i think but...
It is impossible to deny that what happened you is terrible and it is understandable for you to be really pissed off at your surgeon.
But can you imagine what it would be like without them, everyone would die and no one would have a hope of getting better. I'm in favour of them as my life was saved a couple of years ago by my surgeon but what i had done to me was high risk but it had to be done or i would have died. You say that you would rather be dead than take pain killers every day for the rest of your life, are you sure?? I mean, would you really want to inflict the pain of your death upon your partner and children? Surely a mum who can't do everything she would like to do with her children is better than no mum at all??? Your surgeon probably PROMISED you so that you would have the operation, from my point of view if there's a chance that a patient will come out of the operation ok then its worth doing. But you always have to accept that there could be disasterous concequences, as in your case. I don't think it's right to sue your surgeon, he was only doing his job and now he can't do anything else for you, but cannot deny, he tried.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 5th, 2006 at 06:19pm
BillieJoe138:
Magne:
NeoSteph:
Magne:
blood:

Ok, this is just what i think but...
It is impossible to deny that what happened you is terrible and it is understandable for you to be really pissed off at your surgeon.
But can you imagine what it would be like without them, everyone would die and no one would have a hope of getting better. I'm in favour of them as my life was saved a couple of years ago by my surgeon but what i had done to me was high risk but it had to be done or i would have died. You say that you would rather be dead than take pain killers every day for the rest of your life, are you sure?? I mean, would you really want to inflict the pain of your death upon your partner and children? Surely a mum who can't do everything she would like to do with her children is better than no mum at all??? Your surgeon probably PROMISED you so that you would have the operation, from my point of view if there's a chance that a patient will come out of the operation ok then its worth doing. But you always have to accept that there could be disasterous concequences, as in your case. I don't think it's right to sue your surgeon, he was only doing his job and now he can't do anything else for you, but cannot deny, he tried.

yeah he tryed and he failed and he has left me unable to work and carry my child ever again, sue him!!!!! my god he's going to pay.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 6th, 2006 at 11:09am
Magne:
yeah he tryed and he failed and he has left me unable to work and carry my child ever again, sue him!!!!! my god he's going to pay.

So when (if) you get him struck off the medical register, he will be unable to save lives. There aren't enough surgeons in this country, and taking one more away might make you feel better, but how many lives are you delaying or preventing from being helped?.

Is it morally right that those people have to pay because he made one mistake?. Neutral

And if you can't work shouldn't you be trying to save money rather than spend it on expensive court cases which can last for years with huge cost?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 7th, 2006 at 10:16am
Bloodraine:
Magne:

So when (if) you get him struck off the medical register, he will be unable to save lives. There aren't enough surgeons in this country, and taking one more away might make you feel better, but how many lives are you delaying or preventing from being helped?.

Is it morally right that those people have to pay because he made one mistake?. Neutral

And if you can't work shouldn't you be trying to save money rather than spend it on expensive court cases which can last for years with huge cost?

so just let him screw my life up? And regarding the cost of courts cases i am getting legal aid. So i shoudl just put down what he did to me has a mistake doesnt make my kids feel better and neither does it me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2006 at 11:22am
Magne:
so just let him screw my life up? And regarding the cost of courts cases i am getting legal aid. So i shoudl just put down what he did to me has a mistake doesnt make my kids feel better and neither does it me.

So it's okay to screw other people's lives up by stopping a man who could save them from working again?

It might make you feel better, but that's no consolation to X, Y and Z who are all dead for want of operations.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 11th, 2006 at 01:11pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

So it's okay to screw other people's lives up by stopping a man who could save them from working again?

It might make you feel better, but that's no consolation to X, Y and Z who are all dead for want of operations.

then perhaps he can say sorry to my little boy who has and is going to miss out on me picking him up? It does swing in roundabouts, he cant do this to people and they're families and if you went on the hyster sister site you'll know its more than just a hand few of people, and also on the Munchosens (SP) by proxy site.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
April 11th, 2006 at 01:26pm
My mum was nasty about my medication.....

.....so I went for a walk

I have 8p now.....some sugary stuff....and no rat

...I don't like doctors much

H-F-P-R
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
April 11th, 2006 at 01:34pm
My friend has a little girl who was born with celebral palsy and over her first 6 years of life it got steadily worse. The doctors said if they didn't give her an operation, by her teens she wouldn't be able to walk. So she had an operation when she was 7 and it went wrong and she wasn't able to walk. The doctors were really apologetic, and they had to deal with my friend's anger (which can be pretty frightening). My friend took her daughter to differrent surgeons and she had another operation to put her legs back to how they were before, so the first operation can be repeated (successfully this time). At the moment the daughter is still recovering from the 2nd operation, so we don't know if it's worked well enough to continue with the next operation.

The doctors made a mistake and they were very sorry. Luckily in this case there was something they could do to put their mistake right, but in your case Magne, it doesn't seem like there is anything they can do. They should at least give you compensation though...
Register