SHOW: Monty Python's Flying Circus

AuthorMessage
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
April 16th, 2006 at 11:05pm
If you know me, you probably knew I was going to make this thread sooner or later. Cool

Alright, for those of you who don't know what this show is, it was a comedy show back in the 60's-70's. The show ran from 1969-1974. During the first season, the show was aired too late and wasn't so popular. But when it started to air at an earlier time, it became very popular, even worldwide. So popular, that there have been many movies released. The three more well-known movies are The Holy Grail, Life Of Brian, and The Meaning Of Life. They've also made a few German episodes called Fliegender Zirkus.

Cast:
Graham Chapman
Michael Palin
Terry Jones
Eric Idle
John Cleese
Terry Gilliam

And if you've never seen their material, you can watch skits from their movies and tv shows here.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 17th, 2006 at 01:48am
Hail I just watched Terry Jones personal best last night

Lumberjack song

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok
I sleep all night
and I work all day
I cut down trees
I eat my lunch
I got to the lavetree
*chorus*"
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
April 17th, 2006 at 10:44am
I was watching a special on Monty Python last night, man that stuff is funny.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
April 17th, 2006 at 10:54am
Fuck_America:
Hail I just watched Terry Jones personal best last night

Lumberjack song

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok
I sleep all night
and I work all day
I cut down trees
I eat my lunch
I got to the lavetree
*chorus*"

Was it on TV? Or do you have it on DVD?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 17th, 2006 at 11:43am
TV.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
April 17th, 2006 at 11:49am
Damnit, I missed it. -_-;
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 17th, 2006 at 11:54am
it'll be alright *rubs you back*
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
April 24th, 2006 at 06:01am
Haha I love Monty Python! They are class!

What is your favourite sketch from the shows? I like the Funniest Joke one...but god there are so many quality ones, Bicycle Repair Man, the Ministry of Silly Walks etc....! Laughing

Oh and I met Michael Palin a few years back for a book signing and asked him to write 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion' with his signature - but as he was running out of time all I got was 'Nobody Expects!' - still mint though Cool
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 24th, 2006 at 11:17am
The Artist Must Be True:

What is your favourite sketch from the shows? I like the Funniest Joke one...but god there are so many quality ones, Bicycle Repair Man, the Ministry of Silly Walks etc....! Laughing

Oh and I met Michael Palin a few years back for a book signing and asked him to write 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion' with his signature - but as he was running out of time all I got was 'Nobody Expects!' - still mint though Cool

YOU MET MICHAEL PALIN???????????//

I WANNA MEET JOHN CLEESE
(CAPS ABUSE!)
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
April 24th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Fuck_America:
The Artist Must Be True:

I WANNA MEET JOHN CLEESE
(CAPS ABUSE!)

YES I DID!!!!111 Laughing

He was lovely and very apologetic cause he couldn't write all what I wanted, there was a woman telling him to hurry up so when her back was turned he was saying 'its her fault'! I also got his sig on a bookmark - just a standard 'To Hannah, Michael Palin' jobby but it's cherished!

I'll have to get a pic of it and post it on here Smile

Oh yes it would be class to meet the Cleese himself too, and Eric and the Terry's of course! Wink
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 24th, 2006 at 12:37pm
The Artist Must Be True:
Fuck_America:
The Artist Must Be True:

I WANNA MEET JOHN CLEESE
(CAPS ABUSE!)

He was lovely and very apologetic cause he couldn't write all what I wanted, there was a woman telling him to hurry up so when her back was turned he was saying 'its her fault'! I also got his sig on a bookmark - just a standard 'To Hannah, Michael Palin' jobby but it's cherished!

Oh yes it would be class to meet the Cleese himself too, and Eric and the Terry's of course! Wink

as would I. I'd love to meet Graham..but...
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
April 24th, 2006 at 12:40pm
Fuck_America:
The Artist Must Be True:
Fuck_America:
The Artist Must Be True:

I WANNA MEET JOHN CLEESE
(CAPS ABUSE!)

as would I. I'd love to meet Graham..but...

I, RIP Graham! You very naughty boy! Laughing
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
April 26th, 2006 at 09:26pm
The Artist Must Be True:

I have way too many favourite sketches to list.
I couldn't be bothered. But maybe I will someday.

And you're one lucky person to get a signature from Michael.
I would kill to meet the five.
I also would've loved to meet Graham.
God knows what my reaction would've been if I had. O_O

-R.I.P Graham ;_;-
jos3669
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jos3669
July 16th, 2006 at 09:00pm
-R.I.P Graham ;_;-

John Cleese did part of the "Dead Parrot Sketch" in his speech at Graham's funeral. It was a mixture of sadness and comedy.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
July 16th, 2006 at 09:49pm
The repeats used to be on the Comedy Channel before they took it off again. ;_;
jos3669
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jos3669
July 16th, 2006 at 10:11pm
They're showing it on PBS to thos who live in Georgia, or Gwinnett, or whereever they show it, but yah......
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 19th, 2006 at 07:26am
there's a new monty python film coming out and its going to be called "spam a lot" i was speaking to some one about it yesterday. I cant wait.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
July 19th, 2006 at 02:48pm
Magne:
there's a new monty python film coming out and its going to be called "spam a lot" i was speaking to some one about it yesterday. I cant wait.

Spamalot is a a broadway musical. °-°
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 19th, 2006 at 03:21pm
Mindfreak.:
Magne:

they are making it into a film aswell.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
July 19th, 2006 at 05:01pm
Magne:
Mindfreak.:
Magne:

they are making it into a film aswell.

OSM. Do you know when it should be out?
Register