Most overrated bands ever

AuthorMessage
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 14th, 2009 at 06:43pm
No. I don't pay attention to the charts. I pay attention to what I like and what I consider good.

Again, talent is fairly relative. Just because you don't consider musician number 4 to be talented doesn't mean they have nothing to offer. There's many musicians that I can't stand, but that's my personal taste. It doesn't mean they aren't good.

And the music charts have nothing to do with the government.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 14th, 2009 at 07:39pm
I didn't say the charts did, I said that the closure of many venues has everything to do with the Government.

But I mean come on. Anyone who accepts the most basic, boring and rudimentary of music artists as being the best thing in the world is obviously an idiot.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 14th, 2009 at 07:45pm
Or they have different taste than you. Liking different things than you do doesn't make somebody an idiot. At all. By any means.

Also, it's obviously not boring to the fans. If they found it boring, they wouldn't buy the CDs or concert tickets now, would they? That would just make no sense at all.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 14th, 2009 at 09:18pm
Yes they would. People like my sister, or her friends, or their friends. Or my friends' brothers and sisters and their friends and their friends.

They all like certain artists just because they're told that this is what they have to like. Or they see a couple of people buying it and so they HAVE do the same to be accepted. Its people like this that get such rubbish into the charts, which is why we'd do well not to pay attention to it.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 14th, 2009 at 09:31pm
If you're bored by something, you aren't entertained by it. They are two conflicting things. That would be like me laughing my ass off while saying something was boring and not funny. Or bawling and saying what was making me sad was cheering me up.

You're paying attention to it by bitching and moaning about it just because you don't like it. You not liking something doesn't mean the only reason anyone likes it is because they want to fit in. You not being entertained by something doesn't mean it's garbage. And others being entertained by something you aren't entertained by does not make them idiots. It makes them people with different opinions and taste than you.

Not everybody shares your likes and dislikes. If everyone did, THAT would be boring. People are entitled to like the Jonas Brothers just as much as you're entitled to like Green Day or I'm entitled to like Jeffree Star. It doesn't make them or you or me stupid. To call people idiots because they have different musical taste than you do is incredibly vain and self-righteous.

Good is a relative term. What looks good to you may not look good to me. What tastes good to you may not taste good to me. What feels good to you may not feel good to me. What sounds good to you may not sound good to me.
Don't they teach that in like, 1st grade? Opinions vary. If they didn't, we'd live in the world you seem to think we do where everybody everywhere did things just because others do.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 15th, 2009 at 04:56am
I agree, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Its just a shame that most of them are the wrong ones.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 15th, 2009 at 11:13am
It's a shame that so many people think there's a right and wrong opinion.
It's a shame that so many people are so self-righteous and narcissistic that they think everyone with a different opinion is wrong and an idiot.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 15th, 2009 at 11:14am
I accept your opinion but you're wrong.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
September 15th, 2009 at 11:50am
lol jeffree star

also
kanye west is overrated
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 15th, 2009 at 04:38pm
lol kanye overrates himself
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 15th, 2009 at 08:06pm
streetwalker:
lol jeffree star

also
kanye west is overrated

Hahaha. J* is surprisingly good live, I saw him at Warped Tour almost by accident and, not gonna lie, kinda fell in love. No shame here... I fucking love Jeffree Star. Hahahaha.

I don't see him as being incredibly overrated. I think, like vanity said, mostly by himself. There's definitely some people who think he's the biggest genius to ever live, but overall I think he gets the credit he deserves.
Except now. Everyone hates him now and they're acting like him being a douche changes his musical ability.
It seems to fluctuate with him. Sometimes he's overrated, sometimes he's shafted. Dno
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 16th, 2009 at 07:04am
Yes but their opinions are wrong.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 16th, 2009 at 01:43pm
LUCIFER IS COMING:
I will just ask this, why do people think that Fall Out Boy are overrated? I mean so many more people hate them as opposed to liking them. Maybe I am bias b/c I love them so much but like, idk it's like the whole world says they are overrated and I don't know why. Is it because everyone hates Pete Wentz for being a media whore and as such the band is shadowed by his ~fame~ ?

also lol omg I can't belive you don't think J* is overrated, the only reason he is 'famous' is because he is so ~unique~ and obscene and claws onto anyone with with a slight amount of fame and other not even D list 'celebrities' from the internet and tries to leech off them. It's quite funny actually, noone will remember these 'internet famous' people in 10 years time. Once upon a time I may have thought he was quite 'cool' but I have no idea what I was thinking. I feel embarrassed that he thinks he is a musician.

I just said I like Jeffree Star. I didn't say he wasn't overrated. Confused
Rolling Eyes And again, you not liking somebody doesn't make them "not a musician."
Also, how does having friends who are famous in some way make you "claw into anyone with a slight amount of fame?" It is possible that he just has friends who happen to be in the same business... most musicians and actors do. Wink

I think with Fall Out Boy it's more because of how people reacted to them when they first came out. With their second album people started acting like they were these musical gods who had been sent from the heavens to save us. They're kind of ignored now, but still. That's where I guess it comes from.
I don't know, I don't see it much. I know a bunch of people were saying after the VMAs that FOB should have won and Green Day didn't deserve it, which is utter bs 'cause even people who like or hate both bands can't deny that 21 Guns is a beautifully done video. Anyway. Off topic. Dno
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 16th, 2009 at 02:29pm
"HEY PETE WENTZ IM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND IM GONNA LET YOU FINISH BUT 21 GUNS IS THE BEST VIDEO OF ALL TIME"
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 16th, 2009 at 02:32pm
also people took notice of fob at their third album, no one cared at the second
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
September 16th, 2009 at 02:42pm
vanity whore:
"HEY PETE WENTZ IM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND IM GONNA LET YOU FINISH BUT 21 GUNS IS THE BEST VIDEO OF ALL TIME"
... omg
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 17th, 2009 at 03:20am
You mean like coming up with insane beats, performing extremely well live, and coming up with insanely catchy songs? Hm. Yeah. Not at all. Scene bands are still bands. Also, pretty sure Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato aren't scene. I also wouldn't consider Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pierce the Veil, Mariah Carey, Sing it Loud, The White Tie Affair, or Miley Cyrus scene. And I fail to see a problem with two people who are around the same age, have the same interests, have the same style, and have similar goals being friends. Would you mind telling me how you're so confident in knowing the motives behind other peoples friendships? Have you hung out with him? With any of his friends?

Honestly, though, it's disappointing how many people think that their opinion should be and is the end all be all of music. Not liking a type of music doesn't mean it's utter bullshit. Not liking a certain musician doesn't mean they have no talent. People are allowed to write and record things you don't like, they're allowed to write and record things I don't like. When it comes to music, practically everything is relative. If everyone considered the same things good and bad, nothing new would ever come out and the world would be extremely boring.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 17th, 2009 at 06:13am
iViva la Andrea!:
You mean like coming up with insane beats, performing extremely well live, and coming up with insanely catchy songs? Hm. Yeah. Not at all. Scene bands are still bands. Also, pretty sure Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato aren't scene. I also wouldn't consider Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pierce the Veil, Mariah Carey, Sing it Loud, The White Tie Affair, or Miley Cyrus scene. And I fail to see a problem with two people who are around the same age, have the same interests, have the same style, and have similar goals being friends. Would you mind telling me how you're so confident in knowing the motives behind other peoples friendships? Have you hung out with him? With any of his friends?

Honestly, though, it's disappointing how many people think that their opinion should be and is the end all be all of music. Not liking a type of music doesn't mean it's utter bullshit. Not liking a certain musician doesn't mean they have no talent. People are allowed to write and record things you don't like, they're allowed to write and record things I don't like. When it comes to music, practically everything is relative. If everyone considered the same things good and bad, nothing new would ever come out and the world would be extremely boring.

Insane beats that their producer or team of songwriters write? Insanely catchy songs written for them by other people? Performing extremely well live when they've used so much technology on their vocals on record that they sound sloppy and stretched live unless they mime?

Granted there's a few artists that do actually write their own stuff and put it to good use rather than just trying to do what the fans want over pushing pop forward musically (which is why I rather admire Lady Gaga incidentally).

I gave up reading after you started listing pop stars as 'scene'. I've no interest in what you have to say after that, no doubt it'll be typically boring.
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 17th, 2009 at 07:13am
iViva la Andrea!:
Also, pretty sure Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato aren't scene. I also wouldn't consider Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pierce the Veil, Mariah Carey, Sing it Loud, The White Tie Affair, or Miley Cyrus scene.
...i fail to understand how this is even relevant sry
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 17th, 2009 at 09:52am
They are quite possibly the worst lyrics I have ever seen.

Seriously, who would pay money for that?!
Register