Wiretapping

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 4th, 2006 at 09:11pm
Kitti:

They finally figured out that it doesn't work?!
Took them long enough...
Yeah, finally. they should have taken that money to fund music programs in school, but noooooooo, now alot of schools are losinf those as well, just wonderful Rolling Eyes
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 4th, 2006 at 09:24pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:

Took them long enough...
Yeah, finally. they should have taken that money to fund music programs in school, but noooooooo, now alot of schools are losinf those as well, just wonderful Rolling Eyes

Yeah, they cut half my school's music budget.
We have to keep our football team though, the one that never even wins homecoming.
I blame wiretapping and the need to appear all-American for the government's happiness. Laughing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 4th, 2006 at 09:25pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:

Took them long enough...

We have to keep our football team though, the one that never even wins homecoming.
I blame wiretapping and the need to appear all-American for the government's happiness. Laughing
lmfao Yeah, damn you wiretapping, now I can't play flute.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 4th, 2006 at 10:58pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:

Took them long enough...

lmfao Yeah, damn you wiretapping, now I can't play flute.
DARE isn't controlled by the government

quit getting everyone off topic!
wiretapping and DARE are two very different things (and the most DARE is doing nowadays is keeping up their Myspace account....
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 12th, 2006 at 05:49pm
My dad wouldn't let me take part in DARE...but anyway!

I'm a bit puzzled, Nick. How would revealing the foiliong of a terrorist attack alert the terrorists as to what to do to foil the NSA? All that we need to know is the location and what they were going to do. I don't see how that tips off the terrorists that we're listening in, or that they should talk in code or whatever.

Of course, you are right, and they know that the NSA is probably getting on them now. But here's part of my other point: if they'd gone through the right channels and gotten warrants, then no stink would have been raised, because it would have been legal. So the program would still be practical to foil attacks. But they chose to do it illegally. And for the record, issuing warrants does not tip off terrorists; if the government SAYS "we've got a warrant to tap the phones of yadda-yadda al-Boola," then they're tipped off. Warrants don't need to be made public until the actual arrest and such is made. No tip-offs here.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 02:51am
im english so this whole thing dont really affect me, but personally i think that the american government are blowing this whole terrorism thing way out of proportion. i mean, maybe i'm just prejudiced coz of what happened to my country (the IRS had AMERICAN funding to carry out terrorist attacks) but i still think its a loada crap
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 14th, 2006 at 12:46pm
dirtyhippie:
My dad wouldn't let me take part in DARE...but anyway!

I'm a bit puzzled, Nick. How would revealing the foiliong of a terrorist attack alert the terrorists as to what to do to foil the NSA? All that we need to know is the location and what they were going to do. I don't see how that tips off the terrorists that we're listening in, or that they should talk in code or whatever.

Of course, you are right, and they know that the NSA is probably getting on them now. But here's part of my other point: if they'd gone through the right channels and gotten warrants, then no stink would have been raised, because it would have been legal. So the program would still be practical to foil attacks. But they chose to do it illegally. And for the record, issuing warrants does not tip off terrorists; if the government SAYS "we've got a warrant to tap the phones of yadda-yadda al-Boola," then they're tipped off. Warrants don't need to be made public until the actual arrest and such is made. No tip-offs here.
yeah, we aren't going for one arrest here, we're trying to take down terrorist organizations, not one person at a time, each time giving a little bit of information away making each arrest harder and harder
Register