Mibba Blog
June 8th, 2006 at 11:31am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
Bloodraine:
I don't know, we get a seasonal crowd of them, mostly during the summer. I don't mind, there are plently of fields around here for them to set up camp in and I respect their way of life, I think there is something in it that appeals to me although I would never take it up myself.

They do get treated with a lot of stigma that isn't right; though like any group of people there are bad ones who steal and make a mess etc.

yes i agree there are good ones and bad ones, but they should be allowed to stay on they're land its not fair they buy this land and are moved on.
Were their kids attending school or legally being homeschool? Were they paying taxes? Were they bothering those around them? There had to be something as to why they were removed besides trash.

nope they were moved because the goverment is trying to force a way of life on them, these people were not bought up in houses and they wouldnt like to live in a house, so who are the govermant to say that they should?
they do have to provide there kids with shelter.

that is the job of the perants andf not some govermennt department, why should a way of life be forced upon these people?
If they arent providing them with safe shelter and a proper education, they government should get involved. If they are, then they shouldnt.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 9th, 2006 at 01:39pm
another thing is farmers land, and how they refuse to move off it.

they have a right to their way of life but it's appalling when they disrespect other peoples property.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
June 9th, 2006 at 03:52pm
Steph I agree with you 100%.
And different laws apply to them.
If you or I went and set up camp anywhere we woule be told to feck off and/or possibly risk arrest if we refused to do so.
However, it seems, travellers can do what the want.

Over here in Ireland we have loads.
And a few years back a publican was fined for not serving a traveller.
However the court seemed to ignore the fact that the traveller had made their way behind the bar to serve himself and was promptly asked to leave.

If I went behind the bar and was asked to leave and refused do you think I would even attempt to have a pop at the bar man? No
Do you think I would bring charges against him? No

So why should they be any different.

If the law is the law it should apply to everyone even minorities
Register