Arctic Monkeys

AuthorMessage
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 08:56am
I think the main reason behind their success and charm is their honesty and that they're just a bunch of real decent lads that just want to play music and make records. Seeing as they started playing around the age of 15/16 they're pretty talented, too, to make such catchy and immense songs at such a young age. Plus the vocals and lyrics are great: they mean something to the NME-reading public, they have some pretty impressive couplets and are delivered in such an original way. Like The Streets with a Yorkshire accent, yet not losing the britpop sound.

I have both the album and the recent EP and I'm looking forward to what they do next.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:01am
Hmmm... Their shows here at 18+. Too bad. I wouldve gone see them.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:10am
Poprocks And Cassie:

That sucks! Maybe you should go to their website and contact them or their management team to get it changed. Especially as the band themselves are only JUST old enough to attend their own gig... Try to get the age limit lowered to like 14, like it is around here.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:14am
409 Coffeemaker:
Poprocks And Cassie:

That sucks! Maybe you should go to their website and contact them or their management team to get it changed. Especially as the band themselves are only JUST old enough to attend their own gig... Try to get the age limit lowered to like 14, like it is around here.

I tried that with Death Cab For Cutie. They dont listen. -sigh-

It happened before when Motorhead came here too. Now that I was pissed off at.

-sigh- Maybe next time...
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:18am
Poprocks And Cassie:
409 Coffeemaker:
Poprocks And Cassie:

Yeah well Arctic Monkeys are, as I said, pretty decent and authentic lads. They'll probably listen to you and at least try something to help out. At least pop along to where they're paying and make a scene. If it worked for Billie Joe Armstrong at an Op. Ivy gig in the eighties, it'll work for you I'm sure.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:27am
409 Coffeemaker:
Poprocks And Cassie:
409 Coffeemaker:
Poprocks And Cassie:

Yeah well Arctic Monkeys are, as I said, pretty decent and authentic lads. They'll probably listen to you and at least try something to help out. At least pop along to where they're paying and make a scene. If it worked for Billie Joe Armstrong at an Op. Ivy gig in the eighties, it'll work for you I'm sure.

Well some people did that here for The Darkness and they ended up going out there and signing autographs. Thats still nice even though I dislike them.

Hmm... I might.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2006 at 09:36am
Alternatively, you could just start up an Arctic Monkeys tribute band... Me and my friend play a couple of their songs together and once we've found a few more instrument-players we'll probably transfer them over. Songs like Fake Tales..., No Buses and A Certain Romance are great fun to play.
Kme
Jackass
Kme
June 11th, 2006 at 09:51am
Honestly....I think they suck. Sorry.
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 11th, 2006 at 10:58am
Kayti:
Honestly....I think they suck. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, you're right.
Amy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Amy.
June 11th, 2006 at 11:04am
They're terrible >_< Bloody annoying Sheffield accents too...
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 11th, 2006 at 03:42pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
The epitome of the over-hyped band.
They sound like every other british indie band but MTV seems to think that they're revolutionary.

I don't believe their overhyped at all. They're a very straightforward and honest band, and they don't put on some act like the little MTV suck-ups P!ATD. They know exactly what they want to do with the music they create, and it's working out for them. Even with this whole craze about being "different" in the entertainement world, the Arctic Monkeys stick to being who they are.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
June 12th, 2006 at 06:31am
Arctic Monkeys...I used to like them a lot, I overplayed them and now my feelings are not so much.
breffers
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
breffers

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 06:43am
i really like them, their whole album is amazing. a guy in my year is in a band and they won a battle of the bands show by playing an amazing version of 'i bet you look good on the dancefloor' it was absolutely amazing
FuNkY_GiRl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FuNkY_GiRl
June 12th, 2006 at 08:00am
I like them and I love "The view from the afternoon" (song and video).
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 08:28am
I love When the sun goes down
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 12th, 2006 at 08:28am
LeggomyTreggo!:
They sound like every other british indie band but MTV seems to think that they're revolutionary.

I don't believe their overhyped at all. They're a very straightforward and honest band, and they don't put on some act like the little MTV suck-ups P!ATD. They know exactly what they want to do with the music they create, and it's working out for them. Even with this whole craze about being "different" in the entertainement world, the Arctic Monkeys stick to being who they are.
Okay, their cred has nothing to do with them being over-hyped. People were calling them the new Beatles. They are not original!
They're a decent band but their not that revolutionary.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 12th, 2006 at 11:04am
LeggomyTreggo!:

Okay, their cred has nothing to do with them being over-hyped. People were calling them the new Beatles. They are not original!

Yeah i agree with that, i mean they are a good band but they are not british musics saviour like some magazine called them, plus the got too cocky
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 12th, 2006 at 11:11am
I have their album and I really like it. Very Happy
They got very hyped. Sometimes deserved, sometimes overrated.
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 12th, 2006 at 01:07pm
LeggomyTreggo!:

I think there's a lot in saying when a band is the next Beatles, but I do think they're having a huge impact on all of us in a great way. Razz They are original, and the Arctic Monkeys have a lot of different ways than other bands.
Cheech.
Cheech.
June 14th, 2006 at 06:01am
PunkPixie:
They're terrible >_< Bloody annoying Sheffield accents too...

Surprised Our accents are not annoying.
Register