What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
natsterz1984
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
natsterz1984
June 12th, 2006 at 09:11am
Which band do you think is most likely, (near impossible in my opinion) to take Green Day's crown??

What Ban Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?
Im Frank_Iero's ONLY Love
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Im Frank_Iero's ONLY Love
June 12th, 2006 at 09:12am
erm....do we have to pick? or can we just say dunno
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 09:14am
XD, I really don't know, I like lots of bands that can come after Green Day
Impersonator
Geek
Impersonator

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 09:16am
I saw this magazine that said, "the Next Green Day:Fall Out Boy" no. Fall Out Boy is not the next Green Day. Honestly I do not know
natsterz1984
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
natsterz1984
June 12th, 2006 at 09:19am
i think there will never be another green day! i been with them for 12 years now, and theres been no sign of anyone coming close.... blink tried, and failed miserably!! bring it on i say!!
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
June 12th, 2006 at 09:24am
It's kinda pointless to me..
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
There aren't 'best' bands.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"
It'd be just a point of view, not a general statement.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 12th, 2006 at 09:28am
^^ I agree with that.

Especially not like Fall Out Boy or something Confused lol
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
June 12th, 2006 at 09:30am
Cecilia:
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"

I second that Cool
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 09:30am
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
^^ I agree with that.

Especially not like Fall Out Boy or something Confused lol
XD
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 12th, 2006 at 01:14pm
I absoulutely hate it when people ask me this question.

Green Day doesn't have a "crown" that some band can take. It's like what Cecilia said, you can't really compare a band and say "This one is better, so this one is crowned the better band." Some people would think otherwise.

And Green Day is still alive and almost everyone likes them, so in order to one-up them it would have to take a lot. :O

The funny thing is, people always say that Fallout Boy is the next Green Day, and FOB is my least favorite band.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
June 12th, 2006 at 01:16pm
LeggomyTreggo!:

Green Day doesn't have a "crown" that some band can take. It's like what Cecilia said, you can't really compare a band and say "This one is better, so this one is crowned the better band." Some people would think otherwise.

And Green Day is still alive and almost everyone likes them, so in order to one-up them it would have to take a lot. :O

The funny thing is, people always say that Fallout Boy is the next Green Day, and FOB is my least favorite band.
i second that
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 12th, 2006 at 01:17pm
Lmao. FOB proceeding Green Day Rolling Eyes

That seems all pretty pointless to me o_o
Toxic Teeth
Idiot
Toxic Teeth

Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 01:25pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Lmao. FOB proceeding Green Day Rolling Eyes

That seems all pretty pointless to me o_o

i couldnt agree more.......... Smile
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 01:36pm
LeggomyTreggo!:

I totally agree. FOB isnt anything like Green Day. I mean...they're lyrics arent simmilar. They're just the band that's in style right now. Like Green Day was, in a few months, ask any prep who FOB is, and they wont know or they'll say they suck. Only the really hard core fans will remain.
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 12th, 2006 at 01:46pm
Yeah, all the girls at our school are in the FOB craze and I'm just the Green Day Chick. XD

What really makes my day is that whenever I look through Green Day merchandise at stores, they always mix in all the FOB things. It's sort of funny that my favorite and least favorite always seem to be blended into one.
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
June 12th, 2006 at 01:49pm
O.utsider:
LeggomyTreggo!:

I totally agree. FOB isnt anything like Green Day. I mean...they're lyrics arent simmilar. They're just the band that's in style right now. Like Green Day was, in a few months, ask any prep who FOB is, and they wont know or they'll say they suck. Only the really hard core fans will remain.

Yeah, I agree with that. But where I'm from, ask any prep who Fall Out Boy is and they'll say:

"Fall out boy? OMG! I lyke so love them! They are so awsome!"

And you see them wearing Fall out boy hoodies with Holliser jeans and tee shirts too. Shocked
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 12th, 2006 at 01:54pm
OMG, that's even worse than over here. O__O

In choir, we had to write down the three greatest songs of all time in our opinion, and this preppy chick wrote down "Sugar, we're going down."

I schrieked once at Hot Topic cause I thought I was trying on a Green Day shirt, but it was actually FOB. XD;;
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
June 12th, 2006 at 01:54pm
Marilyn Manson, Again

Just wait biatch Hand
whateveryasay
King For A Couple Of Days
whateveryasay
June 12th, 2006 at 02:09pm
Cecilia:

Yeah, you're more than right but it's inevitable for the magazines to write articles like: "BLABLA, the new successors of Green Day" or "Will BLABLA dethrone Green Day?". It's sad, but it's inescapable.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
June 12th, 2006 at 02:17pm
whateveryasay:
Cecilia:

Yeah, you're more than right but it's inevitable for the magazines to write articles like: "BLABLA, the new successors of Green Day" or "Will BLABLA dethrone Green Day?". It's sad, but it's inescapable.

Welcome to the media's world!
Register