Musicians you look up to

AuthorMessage
grxxn dxy nxmrxd
Geek
grxxn dxy nxmrxd
July 1st, 2006 at 12:58am
what musician(s) do you look up to and why?

mine are derek bloom from From First to Last because his druming is so clean and technical

also johnny quest (most likely not real name) from Daly's Gone Wrong because he plays the drums so damn fast. hear for youself www.myspace.com/dalysgonewrong
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 1st, 2006 at 08:00am
Green Day. Retard
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
July 1st, 2006 at 01:35pm
Dave Grohl.. he's fucking talented
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
July 1st, 2006 at 04:46pm
Green Day for one. Also Kurt Cobain. I sing instead of playing instruments, and the singer I look up to is Kelly Clarkson. I love her voice and the music she sings. I admire her for breaking away from the American Idol music and doing her thing.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 2nd, 2006 at 06:29am
Les Paul!!!!! He created one of the greatest guitars of all time, developed the first multi-track recorder, had the first home studio, and at 91 he's still playing shows and making records.
christie road
Addict
christie road
July 4th, 2006 at 06:43am
Green Day

Blink 182

Sum 41

Retard
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
July 4th, 2006 at 10:51am
I look up to Chris Demakes and Tom from against me! on guitar.

And for lyrics I look up to Vinnie Fiorello.
Prosthetic Head
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Prosthetic Head
July 4th, 2006 at 01:59pm
hmm...

i saw the chili peppers on sunday so i'm listening to loads of john frucsinate's stuff. he sounds so good, but it's stuff that i can play so it makes me feel happy.

also people like satriani but only because if i try to play their stuff it makes my fingers BLEED
Franny.
Franny.
July 5th, 2006 at 12:54am
Prosthetic Head:
hmm...

i saw the chili peppers on sunday so i'm listening to loads of john frucsinate's stuff. he sounds so good, but it's stuff that i can play so it makes me feel happy.

also people like satriani but only because if i try to play their stuff it makes my fingers BLEED

satch stuff...it's only 'he'. he does have a band but the guitar stuff is all satch. i do look up to him.

i can't just name a few though. i guess anyone who plays guitar lol. so that may be YOU! *points at you*
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
July 5th, 2006 at 05:38pm
-Billy Talent
-Green Day
-North Polers
-Ears

Yup. So Original.
Jimmy_Punk1791
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jimmy_Punk1791
July 5th, 2006 at 11:59pm
Kevn Kinny of Drivin N Cryin.

I've been listening to DNC my entire life, and I can really relate to a lot of the lyrics. I always played chords until the first time I heard "Fly Me Courageous", and now I have written thousands of riffs as well.
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
July 8th, 2006 at 12:17am
Layne Staley: Vocals/Lyrics = Amazing.
Danny Carey: Drummer. Have you heard his drumming? It'll make you "le gasp."
Manyard
Les Claypol: BEST bassist EVER. Period.
Kurt Cobain: Lyrics.. make you think. He was fucking crazy. and it turned out in his lyrics. Which I love.
Yep.. that's about it. Cool
OH and Manyard. His lyrics are great as well. AND his vocals. "If there was a god. He would sound like Manyard." Curtesy quote of my friend.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
July 8th, 2006 at 01:39am
Syn for his ski33z.
Iero for his explosive energy.
Cheney for his charisma and originality.

And anyone who can shred with tiny girl hands like mine, because god knows I wish I could.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 8th, 2006 at 05:09am
Personally i think Mark King is the best bassist ever, slap bass anyway, so i look up to him bass wise.
Fox
King For A Couple Of Days
Fox
July 8th, 2006 at 10:04pm
John Petrucci... because that guy can really play. And by play, I don't mean a few power chords like SOME bands we all know.

And um, Steven Tyler has a nice voice.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
July 12th, 2006 at 08:08pm
Ville Valo for his musical intelect and insight to human nature and love. He writes some of the bost beautifuly poetic lyrics ever... so deep. And his voice is just amazing.

Also.. Linde Lindstrom.. Also from HIM... His guitar playing his amazing.. The solos seem to just run at you like wind.. but instead of pushing you back.. slide right through you. Mmmm.

errr.. OH! Frank Iero.. because he's so damn ENERGETIC and CRAZY on stage.. Which I love.. so much more fun than a stand still guitarist.. who occasionally walks two steps to the left....I also love how he plays these punk riffs.. but they are so clean cut.. I also just love his devotion to music... and the world surounding it.... because he got the scorpian tattoo as high on his neck as he could.. so he could never get a normal job again. I love it Smile.

I look up to all of Green Day.. and I probably don't have to mention why Smile. I'm sure most of you look up to them for the same reasons I do.

Oh! Jack White is AMAZING! He's the very person that got me playing guitar in the first place! My very first electric guitar was a cruddy little Squire Strat (that actually played quite well....).. My dad got it for me.. and He got it in red and white Laughing. Jack was my very first idol.. and still is my idol!

And... though I could list so many.. I'll end with ONE more.

Jello Biafra... for being so outwardly political and radical.
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 12th, 2006 at 11:50pm
guitar:
- ian d'sa
- billy corgan
- east bay ray

bass:
- matt freeman

lyrics:
- billy corgan
- mickey desadist
- justinsane

vocals:
- ben kowalewicz
- doc corban dart
- johnny rotten
- darby crash
- poly strene
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 09:19am
Pete Doherty.
Rivers Cuomo.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 09:49am
Ella:
Pete Doherty.

Ugh. How can you look up to that son-of-a-bitch? Seriously! What is it that people love?
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 11:30am
409 Coffeemaker:
Ella:
Pete Doherty.

Ugh. How can you look up to that son-of-a-bitch? Seriously! What is it that people love?

Stop making such assumptions. You probably don't know a thing about him.
Respect other people's opinions in the future.

His mother is not a bitch, but an intelligent woman who is currently writing a book.
Register