Bush Hate, Inspired By Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
August 25th, 2006 at 04:38pm
I've never really liked the choices he made, but my hate came from that one time that they considered making spanish or something another national language so he said "If you want to live in this country, you have to speak american" or something like that. That pissed me off.
Be[lie]ve
Jackass
Be[lie]ve
August 25th, 2006 at 04:45pm
I agree.
A lot of people just hate Bush because its cool, or because there favorite band does.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
August 25th, 2006 at 04:47pm
Well duh.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
August 25th, 2006 at 07:18pm
Unfortunately, yes.
I think it's kind of sad that it takes a mainstream band to finally get kids our age to pay more attention (or take notice) to what's going on in our world.
OMG, Shoes.
Geek
OMG, Shoes.
August 25th, 2006 at 07:46pm
Nope. I've hated Bush since the 2000 elections started. My grandma was in the texas government while he was senator. he was an ass to her just because she was mexican. he's such a fucking dick.
steady riot.
steady riot.
August 25th, 2006 at 07:49pm
American Idiot is barely political. Anyone can say "Bush sucks," "Fuck America," and war is bad. Green Day doesn't have the correct knowledge or information to be a political band.
But yes, unfortunatly, theres a bunch of kids hating Bush because Billie Joe does. Rolling Eyes
Pathetic, really. Especially when theres bands like Anti-Flag, Rise Against, The Unseen, hell, even Nofx actually getting to the point of why Bush is bad, and saying a hell of a lot more than "War is bad. Bush sucks."
OMG, Shoes.
Geek
OMG, Shoes.
August 25th, 2006 at 07:51pm
Sold as freedom [S4C]:
American Idiot is barely political. Anyone can say "Bush sucks," "Fuck America," and war is bad. Green Day doesn't have the correct knowledge or information to be a political band.
But yes, unfortunatly, theres a bunch of kids hating Bush because Billie Joe does. Rolling Eyes
Pathetic, really. Especially when theres bands like Anti-Flag, Rise Against, The Unseen, hell, even Nofx actually getting to the point of why Bush is bad, and saying a hell of a lot more than "War is bad. Bush sucks."

i completely agree.
damn*skippy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
damn*skippy

Blog
August 25th, 2006 at 08:08pm
unfortunatly you are completely right, and alot of people do base what they believe on what a band believes or what is "popular" to believe.
musicsnob1971
Geek
musicsnob1971
August 25th, 2006 at 10:07pm
First of all sorry that this will be long.
I copied this from my yahoo page.
THIS PROVES THAT THERE ARE REAL "AMERICAN IDIOTS"
I think he's saying this about them because he's pissed of that when he wanted to work with them they refused.
WHO'S PLAYING AT A FAIR AND WHO'S PLAYING IN FRONT OF 65,000 PEOPLE. Wink

THISWaging war

FACTBOX
• coming up - Ted Nugent at the Oregon State Fair

Friday, August 25, 2006
ED CONDRAN
Rocker Ted Nugent is as busy as he's ever been.

The co-star of VH1's "SuperGroups" is on another jaunt. His Unleash the Beast Tour brings Nugent to the Oregon State Fair in Salem on Friday. And the Motor City Madman, as he's known, is featured in a new season of "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild TV."

Nugent, 57, loves to talk as much as he loves to play guitar. He believes that his pal Dubya isn't conservative enough, and though he trash-talks bleeding-heart bands like Green Day for their liberal politics, he's open to jamming with such rock royalty for a "SuperGroups 2."

Advertisement

How did the supergroup thing go with your VH1 band, Damnocracy?

I had a lot of fun. . . . When we were doing Damn Yankees, I said to my manager, "Man, we got to film this." I knew it would make great TV.

I made one simple demand to VH1: I want real musicians. I don't care if they're weird, or stoned hippies. It worked. (Drummer) Jason (Bonham) is certainly a virtuoso. (Vocalist) Sebastian Bach is incredibly gifted and energized. I never heard of (Biohazard bassist) Evan Seinfeld, who is certainly gifted. (Anthrax guitarist) Scott Ian is stone-cold. . . . They're all a great bunch of guys.

What do you think of your liberal peers? Green Day slammed your buddy Bush.

I have an open mind about it. Green Day is historically and politically retarded. They talk like someone not aware of the world around them. When they play together, they're monsters. They're real players. It's a garage band, which is what I've always been in. . . . There is some killer-good music out there, whether it's Eminem, Kid Rock or the White Stripes.

Green Day, Bruce Springsteen and P. Diddy's politics aren't in line with yours . . .

Not only is it not in line with me, it's not in line with history. Do you realize the manifestation of total buffoonery which the Green Day boys embrace? Can you imagine in 2006 saying "war is not the answer"? Why are we free? Why celebrate Independence Day? Because we waged war on people who wanted to enslave us. . . . The terrorists think if you're not a Muslim, you should die. I want to wage war on that.
Miss_Minority039
Geek
Miss_Minority039

Mibba
August 25th, 2006 at 10:11pm
i agree with some of what you guys are saying about the kids just following what billie joe says
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 25th, 2006 at 10:14pm
musicsnob1971:
First of all sorry that this will be long.
I copied this from my yahoo page.
THIS PROVES THAT THERE ARE REAL "AMERICAN IDIOTS"
I think he's saying this about them because he's pissed of that when he wanted to work with them they refused.
WHO'S PLAYING AT A FAIR AND WHO'S PLAYING IN FRONT OF 65,000 PEOPLE. Wink

THISWaging war

FACTBOX
• coming up - Ted Nugent at the Oregon State Fair

Friday, August 25, 2006
ED CONDRAN
Rocker Ted Nugent is as busy as he's ever been.

The co-star of VH1's "SuperGroups" is on another jaunt. His Unleash the Beast Tour brings Nugent to the Oregon State Fair in Salem on Friday. And the Motor City Madman, as he's known, is featured in a new season of "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild TV."

Nugent, 57, loves to talk as much as he loves to play guitar. He believes that his pal Dubya isn't conservative enough, and though he trash-talks bleeding-heart bands like Green Day for their liberal politics, he's open to jamming with such rock royalty for a "SuperGroups 2."

Advertisement

How did the supergroup thing go with your VH1 band, Damnocracy?

I had a lot of fun. . . . When we were doing Damn Yankees, I said to my manager, "Man, we got to film this." I knew it would make great TV.

I made one simple demand to VH1: I want real musicians. I don't care if they're weird, or stoned hippies. It worked. (Drummer) Jason (Bonham) is certainly a virtuoso. (Vocalist) Sebastian Bach is incredibly gifted and energized. I never heard of (Biohazard bassist) Evan Seinfeld, who is certainly gifted. (Anthrax guitarist) Scott Ian is stone-cold. . . . They're all a great bunch of guys.

What do you think of your liberal peers? Green Day slammed your buddy Bush.

I have an open mind about it. Green Day is historically and politically retarded. They talk like someone not aware of the world around them. When they play together, they're monsters. They're real players. It's a garage band, which is what I've always been in. . . . There is some killer-good music out there, whether it's Eminem, Kid Rock or the White Stripes.

Green Day, Bruce Springsteen and P. Diddy's politics aren't in line with yours . . .

Not only is it not in line with me, it's not in line with history. Do you realize the manifestation of total buffoonery which the Green Day boys embrace? Can you imagine in 2006 saying "war is not the answer"? Why are we free? Why celebrate Independence Day? Because we waged war on people who wanted to enslave us. . . . The terrorists think if you're not a Muslim, you should die. I want to wage war on that.

Well, I think Ted Nugent is awesome. It's so hard when you like Green Day, Bush and Ted Nugent. Green Day doesn't like Bush or Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent does like Green Day and, well, obviously Bush doesn't have an opinion on Green Day, but anyway. It's hard liking people who hate each other.

I'm sorry I was off-topic.
musicsnob1971
Geek
musicsnob1971
August 25th, 2006 at 10:16pm
People take about Green Day bashing Bush but has anyone heard the song"DEAR MR.PRESIDENT" ON Pink's new cd. you cannot get anymore bold with lyrics then that.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 25th, 2006 at 10:21pm
musicsnob1971:
People take about Green Day bashing Bush but has anyone heard the song"DEAR MR.PRESIDENT" ON Pink's new cd. you cannot get anymore bold with lyrics then that.

I have heard of the song, but I never listened to it. And I don't plan on it any time soon.
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 25th, 2006 at 10:22pm
My bush hate was not inspired by Green Day at all! My parents were both anti bush from the beginning and since they first started talking about how much of an asshole he was when i was in 3rd grade i grew up thinking he was an asshole
Forever
Addict
Forever
August 25th, 2006 at 10:32pm
I always wanted Algore to get in office. But, obviously that didn't happen..
musicsnob1971
Geek
musicsnob1971
August 25th, 2006 at 11:00pm
Ive been able to ote for a while and when it comes down to it you listen to both sides views, firgure out what you believe in and what you can live with. Then you pick the best of 2 evils.

Whats important is the your true to yourself and not let othes influence you.

But hey thats just my opinon and no one has to follow it.
=)
Idiot
=)
August 27th, 2006 at 01:00am
People need to seriously shut up. Most of you are saying things like, "People Just hate Bush because Green Day hates Bush. These people don't even know anything about him. LYK,OMGWTF."

But I don't think it's like that, at least not in my case. Green Day talked a lot about how they thought Bush wasn't a good President, I think, more than just agreeing without any reason, a lot of people realized that Bush was a bad President. People got more into the subject, learned more about Bush's principles..and realized he had quite a few faults. Green Day didn't make people hate Bush...they inspired people to wake up to what was happening and get more involved with today's politics.

-PWNEDALLJOOLOOZERS-
brit.
Jackass
brit.
August 27th, 2006 at 01:23am
I hate Bush... I'm Aussie and i still hate the man...
He's done horrible things to the world, resulting in deaths, war and violence..
Maybe it wasn't him on his own..
But he was the one who sent them out..
It's his fault people are dying..

Green Day didn't influence me about my hatred for him..
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 01:24pm
I dont think that American Idiot is that politically. I have heard more hard-core stuff then that. I think Green Day shoud live that subject and stick with what they good in. I mean people say that Green Day is great because they can tell Bush to fuck off, but I dont get the big deal because others did that too.
Punkmunkey
Idiot
Punkmunkey
August 27th, 2006 at 01:28pm
well i hate bush because i have my own political view. not because some band says it.
Register