AuthorMessage
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 29th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Tessie Armstrong:
Tessie Armstrong:
yes, I kind of senced the shit was going to hit the fan, but Green Day opened me up to the fact that he is a lying sack of shit...so yeah, the bush hate is kind of facilitated by Green Day... yeah!
I mean, I supported him because of my parents. But then when i listened to holiday, I mean really listened to holiday, and watched the Wake Me Up When September Ends video, it made me sad to know that all of these kids are giving up their lives for false testamints of wmd's. Green Day definately opened me up, but I kind of knew already...

I liked Bush 'cause my parents did. Then 9/11 happened and I start paying attention to the news. But I still like him. I mean he isn't the best president ever, and he makes mistakes but over all he isn't that bad. He's only human. I mean it could be a lot worse.

yeah my parents did have an influenece on me at one point liking bush
i thought going off to war was a good idea, but now i'm completely against it
its been so long
i really have no idea as to whats going on

Green Day has had nothing to do with that decision though
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 29th, 2006 at 05:04pm
Viva La Stupid:

Green Day has had nothing to do with that decision though

same here.
Mechanical_Chick'05
Geek
Mechanical_Chick'05
August 29th, 2006 at 05:10pm
With or without Green Day, I think I would have figured out sooner or later that Bush is weird and he needs to be laid off.
the_rejected_castaway
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the_rejected_castaway
September 3rd, 2006 at 08:26am
i think a lot of people (mainly the teenies and the, 11 and under kids who don't know that much about politics) hate bush because of green day
however, i hated bush even before i heard of green day (sigh, i know, i didn't hear about them till like 2 years ago. not my fault, i live in china)
[x]remember? whatever.[x]
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
[x]remember? whatever.[x]
September 7th, 2006 at 07:18am
president of america. well. i mean.. i personally woke up to george w. through my parents anti-bush rants i heard every day..

lol. but i mean, its so possible a kid picks up ai and thinks, hey, fuck george bush!! its punk to hate the president!!
alternatively green day could have just opened their eyes a little more to their reality.

its not like green day came out full on critisiing bush, you get the parts deemed 'political' in holiday, and i guess the album title is American Idiot.. but then again, its all kind of curtained by the whole jos/jimmy plot line. its not a full-on in-your-face fuck-you political statement. In myyyy opinion.

but, saying all this, green day didnt make me think i hate gwb, it made me think, hey, *green day* hate gwb. i reckon the band that actually pushed against my views on bush the most was NOFX.

Their album 'the war on errorism' had like a bonus pc bit with franco-unamerican video (its pretty damn good too) and also a clip on how bush cheated the vote. (i forget the name but it rocked)
now *that* opened my eyes, it was real pictures of what happened, rather than music. nofx's songs like 'idiot son of an asshole', which are *explicitly* against gwb, cant compare with holiday for politicalness.. then again, green day has the platform to the mainstream and a lot more publicity. critics and media love to label something a certain way or style. or political..

but at the end of the day i reckon its not that artists make us think a way, they tell us how they think. then, its our choice to tag along, reject the idea, or think about it a whole hell.

call me a hypocrite, im not even american, or caucasian (w/e that has to do with it) but even tho i voted yes on the poll, i personally think its a bit stupid that a 10yr old thinks the president sucks . then when you ask why they think so then they go silent.
YEAAAhh.. thats *RIGHT*!
lol or thats just me

otherwise, ai *is* a great album you knooowww...
but thats my ramble lol =]
ANiSA.x~
electricshavingcream
Geek
electricshavingcream
September 7th, 2006 at 01:45pm
well duh SOMEONE must hate bush because of greenday!
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
September 7th, 2006 at 01:54pm
Laughing my dad has always called him the anti-christ...and maybe, i mean, he reminds me of hitler Evil or Very Mad but yeah...i've grown up disagreeing with pretty much everything he does/says
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
September 7th, 2006 at 02:00pm
the_rejected_castaway:
i think a lot of people (mainly the teenies and the, 11 and under kids who don't know that much about politics) hate bush because of green day
however, i hated bush even before i heard of green day (sigh, i know, i didn't hear about them till like 2 years ago. not my fault, i live in china)

i don't agree that age has anything to do with it.

but yeah. if people are gonna hate something they gotta at least learn their facts first & know what they're standing for. it's almost like stealing beliefs for popularity/fashion.
Melissa.
Jackass
Melissa.
September 7th, 2006 at 03:40pm
the_rejected_castaway:

I agree with you. I've hated bush since he did his little speches in places and on TV. He's the worst president ever. Green day may have made some people hate or dislike bush. But Green Day did'nt make me hate him.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 12th, 2006 at 07:27pm
*muffin_girl*:
you cant blame green day for expressing their opinions.. everyone has them.. (well the MAJORITY of ppl have them...) and they just express them through their songs and holiday (although basically) DOES give reasons "kill all the fags that dont aggree" and we all know george bush dislikes gay people and people who dont aggree with him... ect ect...
but at the end of the day alot of people think oh, green day hate bush... i wonder why and go read stupid white men or something and find out the actuall reasons...
and actually living in the UK i have alot of reasons to hate bush personally for dragging his and OUR country to war with iraq even though there were mass protests everywhere trying to stop this and none of the polititions (as usuall) listened.
Newsflash: people from the UK arent the only ones who are dragged into the war, many more countries are involved with their soldiers.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 12th, 2006 at 07:30pm
Mellon * Collie:
i dont think anyone's blaming green day like you all seem to think, i think we're all just saying that the people listening to it are stupid and dont think for themselves.

at least i know that's the direction i was looking at it in.
Well what are 11 year old kids supposed to be thinking when hearing their favourite band & idols say ''LOL OMG WE WANT TO CUT OFF BUSH'ES ARMS''
ha_ha_you're_screwed
Geek
ha_ha_you're_screwed

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2006 at 07:37pm
I think that some poeple hate Bush because of Green Day, I hated him in the 2000 election so I don't classify myself in that category, although I was definatly happy because of how they came out like that, hating Bush and all. But I definatly have to say yes, it became a fad to hate him after a while.
The Hippy
Geek
The Hippy

Blog
December 12th, 2006 at 08:05pm
I think theres a difference between hating him just because of Green Day, or opening your eyes and actually finding out stuff on your own about the whole presidential situation and the war because Green Day was informing you of what's happening.
I'm A Fruity Pirate!
Geek
I'm A Fruity Pirate!

Blog
December 12th, 2006 at 08:12pm
I think Green Day might have popped a few things into the heads of kids, like my little brother for instance. Sure, they don't agree with the things he's doing and they're showing it the best way they do things, through music. But others are taking it wrong and getting ideas that don't really have much to do with Bush.
I personaly hate the guy. He stared the war off all wrong and things just went down hill. Kinda hard to say that when my family's all republic and stuff. >-<
x_X*alyssa*X_x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
x_X*alyssa*X_x
December 12th, 2006 at 08:23pm
my mum and dad HATE! bush, so i grew up not likeing him Smile
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
December 12th, 2006 at 08:33pm
x_X*alyssa*X_x:
my mum and dad HATE! bush, so i grew up not likeing him Smile
When you growing up Bush wasn't in office...unless your like, 3/4 years old right now...or they're talking about Bush sr.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 13th, 2006 at 07:35am
Just Nod & Smile:
I think Green Day might have popped a few things into the heads of kids, like my little brother for instance. Sure, they don't agree with the things he's doing and they're showing it the best way they do things, through music. But others are taking it wrong and getting ideas that don't really have much to do with Bush.
I personaly hate the guy. He stared the war off all wrong and things just went down hill. Kinda hard to say that when my family's all republic and stuff. >-<

He didn't start it by himself.

Sure, I don't agree with all decisions made by the government and president in america, but I don't know that much about it. It was bands like Green Day who spurred people to automatically hate Bush. I've met quite a few people that when asked about politics just say "Bush sucks" and when you say why, they go "because he's to blame!" and stuff like that. Lots of people are just following a trend, and not putting their own opinion into it.
tre's_basketcase
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
tre's_basketcase
December 13th, 2006 at 09:10am
i hate bush personally..... but he was the better of 2 evils... not by much but all well.. I hate Kerry even more... i think we need some new presidents to run our country..... clinton and bush don't run our country very well infact they sux at it... i could go on and on ...but i won't waste your time
†Gothic_zAi†
Geek
†Gothic_zAi†
December 13th, 2006 at 09:17am
people hate bush because they know that his really not taking his job seriously.
they are not satisfied on the way bush runs our country
Your X Lover is Dead
Geek
Your X Lover is Dead
December 13th, 2006 at 09:41am
I hated him before Green Day came into my life. But there are people who began to hate him because of Green Day
Register