Bush Hate, Inspired By Green Day?

AuthorMessage
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 27th, 2006 at 04:12am
Lucifers Angel:
to many peple hate goerge bush because of green day and the whole american idiot thing. i dont listen to famous people when they try and force they're ideals on to me.

I disagree that Green Day is or was trying to force thier ideals on anyone. They were just putting their opinion out there for everyone to see. They never once said "YOU SHOULD HATE BUSH BECAUSE WE SAID SO." They publicaly announced their disain for the Bush Adm. and what it was doing with our country, and backed it up with reasons. They left it up to their listeners to decide what they thought after they had their say. They didn't brainwash anyone-but they did open quite a few of people's eyes as to what was going on in America(i speak mainly of americans themselves) and wether they supported Bush or not.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 27th, 2006 at 05:16am
TragicCaseofMyReality:
Lucifers Angel:
to many peple hate goerge bush because of green day and the whole american idiot thing. i dont listen to famous people when they try and force they're ideals on to me.

I disagree that Green Day is or was trying to force thier ideals on anyone. They were just putting their opinion out there for everyone to see. They never once said "YOU SHOULD HATE BUSH BECAUSE WE SAID SO." They publicaly announced their disain for the Bush Adm. and what it was doing with our country, and backed it up with reasons. They left it up to their listeners to decide what they thought after they had their say. They didn't brainwash anyone-but they did open quite a few of people's eyes as to what was going on in America(i speak mainly of americans themselves) and wether they supported Bush or not.

when i went to see them live they shouted "everyone hate Bush" so yeah they did actually say it.
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
December 27th, 2006 at 06:55pm
I've been against George Bush since the 2000 election, and I didn't start listening to Green Day till 2003 or 2004. So they had nothing at all to do with my personal views. I don't know about anybody else.
K. Shadows
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
K. Shadows

Mibba
December 27th, 2006 at 07:07pm
i didnt like Bush at the election in 2000...after i turned into a Green Day fan and found out Green Day was completely against Bush,i hated him even more...
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 28th, 2006 at 05:53am
And what do the lyrics say?

No Green Day song actually tells us anything about politics except that [in Billie Joe's opinion] Polititians are liars and the media have too much influence on the world...

yes that it Billie Joe's opinion on things, but alot of other people think that too. Billie Joe is trying to tell people what the media are really like, and he's just expressing his views on Bush. But Bush seems to enjoy picking on the most vulnerable contries in the world, he told the world that Iraq had nukes, then sent his army into Iraq to sort everything out. But now thats started a war, and Bush has yet to prove that Iraq had nukes in the first place. And all Green day are doing is putting right what Bush couldn't.
RoadKill.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoadKill.

Mibba
December 28th, 2006 at 06:33am
You didn't answer my question...

What do the lyrics really say?

"Don't wanna be an American idiot"
*na na na na na na na na na na*
"Bush told the world that Iraq had nukes, then sent his army into Iraq to sort everything out. But now thats started a war, and Bush has yet to prove that Iraq had nukes in the first place. So we're just putting right what Bush couldn't"
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 28th, 2006 at 07:03am
SomeSayQuitOrI'llGoBlind:

"Bush told the world that Iraq had nukes, then sent his army into Iraq to sort everything out. But now thats started a war, and Bush has yet to prove that Iraq had nukes in the first place. So we're just putting right what Bush couldn't"

what the heck is that from?
Mrs. Lee
Jackass
Mrs. Lee

Mibba
December 28th, 2006 at 07:48am
TragicCaseofMyReality:
SomeSayQuitOrI'llGoBlind:

what the heck is that from?
lmfao Clap Cassie
Bush hate started when punk started to speak up about it I think.
Green Day did kinda start that in the mainstream scene.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2006 at 05:48am
Lucifers Angel:

when i went to see them live they shouted "everyone hate Bush" so yeah they did actually say it.
Thats true. When I watched BIAB Billie was all about Bush is an asshole bla bla bla. Im starting to get sick of the whole Bush hating thing. Ok so you dont like the guy. I dont like him either, but I dont go everyday saying he is an idiot. Its like the whole world had forgotten every other issue and all we do is trash Bush and we cant wait for the first mistake he makes so we could trash him even more. I mean, we should think about those people in Iraq and how to help them and not about how to kill Bush. He wont be a president forever and America can take of care of itself anyway.
LongviewRocks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LongviewRocks
December 29th, 2006 at 03:44pm
Yeah... Umm, I just think that Green Day made anti-Bushism more widespread/outspoken. After all, they kinda were the first band that spoke out against Bush through music on the radio.
In other news, 752 days till Bush is out of office!!! *cheers*
And in other other news, the Dixie Chicks rock because they spoke their opinions on Bush on a COUNTRY station. And the retaliation by westerners everywhere proved that the heavily religious country folk stereotype is true. Razz
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 30th, 2006 at 12:03am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Lucifers Angel:

Thats true. When I watched BIAB Billie was all about Bush is an asshole bla bla bla. Im starting to get sick of the whole Bush hating thing. Ok so you dont like the guy. I dont like him either, but I dont go everyday saying he is an idiot. Its like the whole world had forgotten every other issue and all we do is trash Bush and we cant wait for the first mistake he makes so we could trash him even more. I mean, we should think about those people in Iraq and how to help them and not about how to kill Bush. He wont be a president forever and America can take of care of itself anyway.

I agree. I do like Bush, but instead of calling him an idiot, maybe you guys should get over and wait two more years until he isn't president. Then in 2008 vote correctly on the ballots and maybe you guys will win. Razz
Ok, sorry that was mean, but I do agree. You should try to do things to help the counrty in the way you want.

Ya I remember that and if I went to a Green Day concert and they were saying that shit. I flick them off and boo and as soon as they were done I'd go back to rocking out to the songs. I love their music even the political ones. I just hate their political views.
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 30th, 2006 at 09:18pm
I think some people do. Not all Green Day fans that hate Bush do so because of Green Day, but a lot of them were probably highly influenced by Green Day to do so.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2006 at 05:32am
Generation Terrorist:
I think some people do. Not all Green Day fans that hate Bush do so because of Green Day, but a lot of them were probably highly influenced by Green Day to do so.
No matter what people say, music is a powerful force and if so many people hate Bush cause they were influenced or touched by Green Day, then maybe Green Day should focuss on something else. Not just telling people to hate Bush, but to get them really involved just like they started with that NRDC thing. I think there will be more to them then just this.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 31st, 2006 at 05:37am
...it actually means something to them, but who cares. -_-
Generation Terrorist
Geek
Generation Terrorist
December 31st, 2006 at 09:39am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Generation Terrorist:
No matter what people say, music is a powerful force and if so many people hate Bush cause they were influenced or touched by Green Day, then maybe Green Day should focuss on something else. Not just telling people to hate Bush, but to get them really involved just like they started with that NRDC thing. I think there will be more to them then just this.

It doesn't really matter what they concentrate on. If they have fans that are going to hate Bush because of them, then they have fans that would become carbon copies of anything else they may do or say.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2006 at 11:34am
Army of Angels:
I agree. I do like Bush, but instead of calling him an idiot, maybe you guys should get over and wait two more years until he isn't president. Then in 2008 vote correctly on the ballots and maybe you guys will win. Razz

In 2008 Bush won't be eligible for presidency having served the maximum two terms and Kerry won popular vote anyway, so voter turnout was not an issue and there is no such thing as 'voting correctly' in politics anyway.

And anyway, Green Day bloody well are responsible for all the Bush hate. I mean, teenagers today, they listen to everything their favourite bands tells them.
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
December 31st, 2006 at 11:43am
i have always hated bush its not cuz gd does and alot of ppl think that and it totlally retarded
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2006 at 03:31pm
Generation Terrorist:

It doesn't really matter what they concentrate on. If they have fans that are going to hate Bush because of them, then they have fans that would become carbon copies of anything else they may do or say.
Thats the sad thing. It would all turn out good if Green Day didn't start the awful way they did cause you cant blame some kids that they are blind and only following what their favorite band says. They could say that Bush was bad, but in a more efficient way then this one. Now they cant fix it anymore. I hope that in the future they were think before they act or just stop acting so stupid. If they wanted to put out how Bush is bad they could have done it in a better way then just saying he is an asshole.
Robbie
Falling In Love With The Board
Robbie
December 31st, 2006 at 04:04pm
A lot of you hate Bush but I bet a lot of you know feck all about politics.

Like the legions of you that didn't know there is a two term maximum service.

I'd rather people be educated than blindly vote against somebody.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 31st, 2006 at 04:07pm
Robbie:
A lot of you hate Bush but I bet a lot of you know feck all about politics.

Like the legions of you that didn't know there is a two term maximum service.
I'd rather people be educated than blindly vote against somebody.

I seriously can't believe people don't know that. I mean you know it and apparently you are from Liverpool(unless its like that for Prime ministers...). Thats pretty sad and i don't really know what to say about those people who make up my country except American Idiots. ( Though i must admit that i don't know as much as i should about it all, when it comes time to vote-in a couple years... I'm going to make sure i know about how it all works...)
Register