Story Board Brainstorming & 'Mentor' Thread

AuthorMessage
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 10:30pm
I hope this isn't spamming.

When I write, I read over the results. Now it's like...if I can imagine it perfectly in my mind when I'm reading, if I can almost feel, see, taste, smell everything in it, than I know it's good.

I can't believe it took me that long to realize that.

But I'll always feel like it's aweful.
Tre the Cool.
Jackass
Tre the Cool.

Mibba
September 24th, 2006 at 12:14pm
Hi. I need a title for my new story.I can't think of one. It's pretty much about this girl named Katie. Actually she's Tré's sister. She lives in an apartment with Tré and Billie. She is 17 and they are 18. Katie and Billie start going out but Billie breaks up with her cause he meets Adrienne. I can't really say much more cause it will ruin the story.
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
September 30th, 2006 at 04:22pm
~*~I_Love_Tré_Cool~*~:
Hi. I need a title for my new story.I can't think of one. It's pretty much about this girl named Katie. Actually she's Tré's sister. She lives in an apartment with Tré and Billie. She is 17 and they are 18. Katie and Billie start going out but Billie breaks up with her cause he meets Adrienne. I can't really say much more cause it will ruin the story.

Well, personally for me, the title is the hardest part of the story to write. Just try and think of a phrase that sums up the idea of the story. And if you still can't think of anything, pm the story to me and I'll try and help.
Tre the Cool.
Jackass
Tre the Cool.

Mibba
October 1st, 2006 at 08:57am
I figured out something. Billie's Secret

Mibba Blog
October 1st, 2006 at 01:32pm
~*~I_Love_Tré_Cool~*~:
I figured out something. Billie's Secret

Okay, good job. Up
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
October 4th, 2006 at 03:44pm
I caught myself doing something when I was trying to work on London for a bit and I wondered if anyone else used this tactic to help them along.

I always read my stories backwards. I do. It's weird, I know, but it really helps because you can make sure that your story flows and you're not missing out on a huge detail or that you're not jumping too much. You're looking at it from a different angle and you catch so much little things that improve the story.

Does anyone else do that or am I just weird and if you've never done it, try it. You may be surprised.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 03:55pm
Pickle:
I caught myself doing something when I was trying to work on London for a bit and I wondered if anyone else used this tactic to help them along.

I always read my stories backwards. I do. It's weird, I know, but it really helps because you can make sure that your story flows and you're not missing out on a huge detail or that you're not jumping too much. You're looking at it from a different angle and you catch so much little things that improve the story.

Does anyone else do that or am I just weird and if you've never done it, try it. You may be surprised.

I do that sometimes... when I'm stuck, I read bacwards a bit and then re-read from the beginning....
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
October 4th, 2006 at 04:48pm
Yeah and you see everything in a new light. Okay, I'm not weird in that sense.
billies_rebel111
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billies_rebel111
October 5th, 2006 at 12:03am
has anyone got good space filler ideas in just general? ie. dialogue ideas, things that could happen in the story??

Mibba Blog
October 21st, 2006 at 12:45pm
billies_rebel111:
has anyone got good space filler ideas in just general? ie. dialogue ideas, things that could happen in the story??

You can just use anything really. I use really random things that just pop into my head, like a little interlude about video games. Laughing Just use anything really. It doesn't really have to play into the story, or at least into the big picture. Afterall, it IS a space filler. Up
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
October 23rd, 2006 at 05:12pm
How does a ......Billie Joe based Religious Thriller sound?
EXTREMELY Basic Concept:Billie..ex-attempted sucide victim/Catholic-turned-Atheist starts getting the Stigmata

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2006 at 06:01pm
+Maiku's_Requiem+:
EXTREMELY Basic Concept:Billie..ex-attempted sucide victim/Catholic-turned-Atheist starts getting the Stigmata

Interesting. I've never even thought about something like that. I say go for it. Up
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
October 23rd, 2006 at 07:09pm
+Maiku's_Requiem+:

That'd make a good story with the right wording, I think. I say go for it too!
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
November 13th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Maiku's Requiem:

That sounds really cool. But I agree with CristhyneS it would have to have right wording.

Does anyone have a solution the right wording problem though? I have some ideas in my head( not all fanfiction), but whenever I write the words down, it ends up looking...I don't know, random, childish, thrown together. I need some help.
Rockaway Beach
Jackass
Rockaway Beach
November 17th, 2006 at 01:12pm
I need something for a story: You know those 'everything you need to know' books that you get every now and then? I'd like to know one of them that would have come out say... forty, fifty years ago?

Or, i could just make a book title up, but how would i word it? Right now i have;

‘You memorized everything you could from those ‘everything you need to know about everything’ books. '

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 11:19pm
This thread has been added to the Writing forum on Mibba so you can go there and here and ask for help with your stories now. Wink

Click here to visit that thread on Mibba.
Happy writing everyone.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 01:07am
Woot.

Um, I need a beta reader. Rhiana had to quit after chapter 4 and I'm lost without her. So, does anyone want to be my beta? You'll be paid in kittens.

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 03:29am
lyrical_gaah52:
Woot.

Um, I need a beta reader. Rhiana had to quit after chapter 4 and I'm lost without her. So, does anyone want to be my beta? You'll be paid in kittens.

Explain what a beta reader is and I just might take you up on that offer. Fizz
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 06:22am
When I finish a chapter of Fallen, I send it to you. You proof read it and point out typos or whatever if you feel the need and also just make sure it sounds good. Like, making changes where certain sentences don't sound right or if there's parts that are hard to understand, you point them and out and suggest changes.

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 12:17pm
lyrical_gaah52:
When I finish a chapter of Fallen, I send it to you. You proof read it and point out typos or whatever if you feel the need and also just make sure it sounds good. Like, making changes where certain sentences don't sound right or if there's parts that are hard to understand, you point them and out and suggest changes.

Oh, okay, cool.
Yeah, I'll do it. Up
Register