Is There Any Chance That Green Day Could Go To Hard Rock?

AuthorMessage
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 24th, 2006 at 09:33am
No...I don't think the guys of Green Day really are that hardcore enough to be hard rock. I mean...if they went hardcore then that would be a big change for them.

And a weird one. Confused
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 25th, 2006 at 08:24am
It wouldnt work.
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 25th, 2006 at 12:36pm
And it would suck. Badly.
ohmygodshutyourbutt
Idiot
ohmygodshutyourbutt

Blog
July 25th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Yeah right.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 25th, 2006 at 12:38pm
My Sixth Sense:
Either that's metal or something like that....
playtapus - metal lmfao sorry Wink

they shouls stick to what they know POP-rock/POP-punk
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
July 25th, 2006 at 12:44pm
I think there could be a chance Green Day could go to Hard Rock, but I hope they don't. I like their music just the way it is!!
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 27th, 2006 at 03:13pm
If Green Day went "Hard Rock" like supposedly Sum 41 are (well maybe just for Chuck), they would lose legions of fans, because they couldnt stand the heavy guitars and shit. They have enough intelligence to know what they are doing at the moment is a winning formula, so they are more than likely going to stick with it. Think about it, millions of fans, lots of money, shows to play and just having a good time. Would YOU throw it away? I wouldnt...

Anyway, now that Dave has left Sum 41, they will be going back to their All Killer No Filler days apparently.
Your X Lover is Dead
Geek
Your X Lover is Dead
July 27th, 2006 at 03:15pm
maybe i dont know we'll just have to wait and see
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
July 27th, 2006 at 06:35pm
i don't think so that would be funny
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
August 20th, 2006 at 05:54pm
I definatly think they could if they wanted to, but why mess with sucess? They are a VERY well know pop-punk group, so why go and mess with what they are good at? I supposed if they wanted to re-invent themselves, but meh...
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
August 20th, 2006 at 11:22pm
That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I like that they're different. They don't really have a specific sound or genre... and I like that they experiment with their sound, I doubt they'd just change to hard rock that fast even if they wanted to.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
August 20th, 2006 at 11:31pm
Well I wouldn't know. But it's their life. So if they could do that if they wanted to. I don't think I'd like them as much, though...
the_sucidal_angel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the_sucidal_angel
August 20th, 2006 at 11:39pm
i dont really want them to but if thats what they're gonna go with then thats what theyre gonna go with and i'll still listen...
i'm a faithful fan
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 21st, 2006 at 02:56am
Personally just with my music tastes, I would love to see them evolve into hard rock artists. Some of my favorite songs of theirs are some of their roughest like Take Back, Bab's Uvula Who?, Jaded, etc. And I've heard they covered Metallica's "Master of Puppets" (<333) live one time, they could definatly pull it off, and I'd love to see it. =]
Kid_Gates
Geek
Kid_Gates
August 21st, 2006 at 03:24am
Haha that'd be cool but nah i dont think so considering they've always been a punk-rock band and they listen to that kind of music so probably not. Would be cool though.
mistress.in.distress
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
mistress.in.distress
September 15th, 2006 at 09:55am
they could I mean american idiot inst that heavy it had more soft songs so they got hard again like they did in some songs on nimrod, that take back song was pretty heavy. I dont really know
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
September 15th, 2006 at 05:56pm
naaa i doubt it, cause i think they are happy with the fans they have now...i know i would be xD
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
September 17th, 2006 at 11:01am
Mellon * Collie:
if you want to listen to hard rock, why not look for a hard rock band instead of waiting for green day to change?
Tht is actually quite sensible.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
September 21st, 2006 at 09:30pm
Stuart and the Avenue:
If Green Day went "Hard Rock" like supposedly Sum 41 are (well maybe just for Chuck), they would lose legions of fans, because they couldnt stand the heavy guitars and shit. They have enough intelligence to know what they are doing at the moment is a winning formula, so they are more than likely going to stick with it. Think about it, millions of fans, lots of money, shows to play and just having a good time. Would YOU throw it away? I wouldnt...

Anyway, now that Dave has left Sum 41, they will be going back to their All Killer No Filler days apparently.

OMGyes Are you kidding? That's awesome!
Okay, back on topic. Green Day can do what they want to do, but I think they might lose even more fans than they already have. If they go hard rock, I don't think it would be that bad though. I would still like them, just probably not as much.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
September 21st, 2006 at 10:00pm
Insomniac had a bit of hard rock to it.

But it's still my favorite album. Very Happy
Register