Is There Any Chance That Green Day Could Go To Hard Rock?

AuthorMessage
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 21st, 2006 at 10:14pm
Probably not, but if they did that would be cool. I look hard rock! But I love Green Day the way they are.
grandma death.
Geek
grandma death.
September 21st, 2006 at 10:34pm
No.

Never. They aren't really rock now...

they're actually Alternative/Pop, but everyone keeps calling them punk.
Fink.
Geek
Fink.
September 22nd, 2006 at 12:35am
I think they should go back to like 1000 Hours/Kerplunk eras. Well, that kind of music, more punk really. I think it's a lot better than pop-punk but yeah.

They do whatever they want, and they're sex at it. Cool
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
September 22nd, 2006 at 12:43am
Nope. They love doing the music they do now. They enjoy it. The sound might change a bit but it's basically the same music. They wouldn't enjoy the hard rock...It's just not them.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 22nd, 2006 at 06:51am
If I remember correctly in an interview Billie did refer to the Insomniac era as kinda their 'heavy metal' years, they might go back to that. Not sure if that has any relation to this topic, but just thought I'd mention it...
I agree with Fink. I love the 1, 039 SOSH and Kerplunk stuff. I can't see it happening though.
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
September 22nd, 2006 at 07:29am
No, I don't see that happening.

I mean, sure they had a few songs that were considered "hard rock" but I can't see them doing a whole album that way.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
September 22nd, 2006 at 07:43am
I doubt it. They know whats more popular and im sure they'll stick with this same thing.

But yeah when they were pre-teens/early teens they actually were metal heads so you never know.

Would be awesome to make this record a complete mix though. Also would surprise and make a lot of people happy.

..Yeah, It made sense in my head.
Register