Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:02pm
Have you ever noticed that Green Day has had a lot of hits in there time? Well you should have but i dont think that they use filler songs but just a lot of overlooked classics Cool For example: On International Superhits, songs like JAR and She are hardly mentioned yet theyre on Green Day's greatest hits. Or how about Welcome To Paradise? Its on the cd and it even has a rare version of it on "Kerplunk" and these songs are all pieces of Green Day's greatest work. But usually everyones talking about American Idiot. I know it was an awesome storytelling emotional record but even that cd has overlooked songs on it. For ex: Give Me Novacaine and Extraordinary Girl are hardly mentioned. I know they arent big radio friendly hits like Wmuwse of bobd, but a song is a song and good songs deserve to be recognized. Some other songs include Stuck With Me, Last Ride In, Waiting, Maria, Macy's Day Parade and many others are hardly even taled about so that's why i made this thread. For songs that arent recognized and should be. If u have a green day song that u think needs post it feel free to post it.
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:11pm
Shenanigans is one of the albums that really isn't mentioned anywhere like on driven they never mention it at all Confused
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:17pm
Isn't it kind of good that their songs aren't recognized so that maybe they won't become exceedingly overrated? Rolling Eyes
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:18pm
Ya, Shenanigan is looked over. Songs like Hold On, Deadbeat Holiday, Jackass, Fashion Victim, Church On Sunday, Misery, Scattered, All The Time, Platypus (I Hate You), Last Ride In, Haushinka, Worry Rock, Uptight, Maria, Pulling Teeth, Chump, Sassafras Roots, Coming Clean, Emenus Sleep, 86, Panic Song, Westbound Sign, Bab's Uvula Who? and maybe a few others. Shocked
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:18pm
Cigarettes And Valentines:
Isn't it kind of good that their songs aren't recognized so that maybe they won't become exceedingly overrated? Rolling Eyes

Good point. Rolling Eyes
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:35pm
yeah good point but some of those songs are a whole lot better than the ones played on the radio over and over...with all those songs they couldnt overplay em all!
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:49pm
Shenanigans and Warning are the most over looked Albums.

All they're songs except for the signals are overlooked.
HelloBeautiful!
Geek
HelloBeautiful!
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:52pm
I dunno... I kinda think that the songs on Warning: should be a little more popular-ish. I don't mean, like, going "mainstream" all of a sudden, but they just have a little more attention, because they took a break for 2-3 years between that and Nimrod and then made another great album.

Hmph. lol

I think a lot of their songs and albums are a bit overlooked. The songs on Kerplunk are energetic, and downright amazing. But they didn't make a video for any of those songs, so people don't really recognize them; if some of those songs were put on Dookie, they may get a bit more attention, cos of the popularity that they got from that album. But you knew that.

Anyways... Being a Green Day fan, I think almost all of their songs are amazing and deserve attention. But if all of their songs were made into singles and videos and shtuff... We'd be miserable cos of the TEENIE RANTING! lmao. sorry. I'm done now.

I talk WAY too much.
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 22nd, 2006 at 11:55pm
same way i feel
Toxic Teeth
Idiot
Toxic Teeth

Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 12:00am
Sara.:
Shenanigans and Warning are the most over looked Albums.

All they're songs except for the signals are overlooked.

well i think everyones singles are alot overatted then their songs...
because the public hear the singles and the songs are just discussed upon real fans, or people who own the album... but thats just me.
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 23rd, 2006 at 03:51am
Yes I have noticed that. As mentioned before, the best work by Green Day (except stuff like Basket Case, Good Riddance etc) is never heard. I mean look at nimrod. Its the most diverse album Green Day have released, and has some songs on it that are overlooked which show their ability to make different kinds of song, not just the same old song over and over again. Eg Scattered, Reject and Take Back.

Having said that, other albums are overlooked too, such as Insomniac and Warning. Both albums have fantastic songs on them, eg Stuart and the Avenue (Wink), Castaway, 86, Blood Sex and Booze. And Shenanigans also.

They have admitted themselves (or rather Mike Dirnt did) on BIAB, where he said he knew they had gotten out of the shadow of Dookie. Point proven?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 07:16am
Warning and Shenanigans are definetly ower-looked, but to be honest that doesnt mean much to me because I have the albums and I am a fan and if I like those songs I dont need the whole world to like them as well or to hear them on the radio
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:23am
>ChangesHerNameALot<:
I dunno... I kinda think that the songs on Warning: should be a little more popular-ish. I don't mean, like, going "mainstream" all of a sudden, but they just have a little more attention, because they took a break for 2-3 years between that and Nimrod and then made another great album.

Hmph. lol

I think a lot of their songs and albums are a bit overlooked. The songs on Kerplunk are energetic, and downright amazing. But they didn't make a video for any of those songs, so people don't really recognize them; if some of those songs were put on Dookie, they may get a bit more attention, cos of the popularity that they got from that album. But you knew that.

Anyways... Being a Green Day fan, I think almost all of their songs are amazing and deserve attention. But if all of their songs were made into singles and videos and shtuff... We'd be miserable cos of the TEENIE RANTING! lmao. sorry. I'm done now.

I talk WAY too much.

Welcome to Paradise was Retard but it did get popularity only because it was put on Dookie.

Shenanigans was overlooked so much. It was only because it was a b-sides album not a real one. Insomniac is overlooked these days but not at the time it came out. Warning is overlooked when it came out and now.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 23rd, 2006 at 09:27am
Well, that's how it is .. with all Bands. The released Singles get the most attention. Neutral

I think Shenanigans is underrated.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:16am
Any album other then Dookie and AI.
Tell someone you like Green Day and they'll say "AI sucks" but then they'll say "but Dookie's good." Yeah, what about the 6 albums that came before and btween those 2 Confused apparently you can only judge a band based on thier recent album and bigest one.
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:37am
You Lied is such a friggin good song! They should have made a video for it...
<greendayfan>
Geek
<greendayfan>
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:54am
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
Shenanigans is one of the albums that really isn't mentioned anywhere like on driven they never mention it at all Confused

I know. They never mentioned the songs "Suffocate" or "Desensitized on loaded the other day on Fuse.
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:58am
I don't see why Warning flopped. It's a really good album!
netty
Geek
netty
July 23rd, 2006 at 04:33pm
warning wasnt a flop. it just wasnt as popular as the other albums because it wasnt as "punk" or "angst ridden" as the previous albums.

as for shenanigans... its an ablum of b-sides. a lot of fans had the songs already and just saw it as a money making exercise. pesonally I dont buy singles so I was well chuffed they put it out. I love a lot of the songs on it.
Protest the Hero.
Falling In Love With The Board
Protest the Hero.
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:24pm
"She" wasn't a single. They just put it on International Superhits! for some reason. Confused But I love it anyway.
Register