Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
Vampiric Acid
Idiot
Vampiric Acid
August 20th, 2006 at 03:03pm
i havent herd green day either but i hope to download it eventually only i am on dail up and it takes forever..i also havent her any of the songs on smoothed out slappy hours cuse i cannot find the cd anywhere...it sucks
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 03:57pm
Somebody please start a petition with me!!!

It will outline:

- Why does Green Day not play old songs at shows??!!
- Why does Green Day rely mostly on new material to keep the crowd going?!!
- Why is there never any mention of 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours or Kerplunk! (the two best albums!!! in my opinon)

I am pro 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours; I think it is ten times better than American Idiot and I feel Green Day do NOT pay enough attention to that album, despite the fact that they have a majority fan base of teens, who would relate to songs about teenage things, more so than living a life like Jesus of Suburbia

If I ever meet Green Day, one of the first things I say will be "Why don't you play old songs at shows?" or "What about Tight Wad Hill, Haushinka, Fashion Victim?!!!"

The only questions I ask on the Idiot Club are about playing old shows

Shocked BRING BACK THE CLASSICS!!!! Shocked
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 20th, 2006 at 05:08pm
In Pasalacqua:
Somebody please start a petition with me!!!

It will outline:

- Why does Green Day not play old songs at shows??!!
- Why does Green Day rely mostly on new material to keep the crowd going?!!
- Why is there never any mention of 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours or Kerplunk! (the two best albums!!! in my opinon)

I am pro 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours; I think it is ten times better than American Idiot and I feel Green Day do NOT pay enough attention to that album, despite the fact that they have a majority fan base of teens, who would relate to songs about teenage things, more so than living a life like Jesus of Suburbia

If I ever meet Green Day, one of the first things I say will be "Why don't you play old songs at shows?" or "What about Tight Wad Hill, Haushinka, Fashion Victim?!!!"

The only questions I ask on the Idiot Club are about playing old shows

Shocked BRING BACK THE CLASSICS!!!! Shocked
u should do that. because if they played those older songs at a concert then they could make another live cd like BIAB and bring back the oldies! And remastering the first to albums would be just as good too but it would introduce teenie-boppers into a whole 'nother world of g-day. But i have heard dominated love slave, why do you want him, my generation, strangeland, christie road, and 2,000 light years away!
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
August 20th, 2006 at 05:48pm
Give Me Novacaine is the most under-rated Green Day song ever. I think it is easily the BEST song off of AI and no one ever talks about it, it never gets any radio play and the emotional context of that song is completely overlooked.
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 06:05pm
stargazer93:
But i have heard dominated love slave, why do you want him, my generation, strangeland, christie road, and 2,000 light years away!

Yes, but that isn't stagant. It's only rarely that they play those old songs. They should include them all the time!! You can only play Minority a certain number of times before people will get pissed off Rolling Eyes

They even said themselves that they have a young audience....
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
August 20th, 2006 at 11:53pm
Jinxed and Rejected:
hello everyone i am jinx...
i think that Panic Song is an amazing song full of lyrics that are so true to the way the word is and what the world is...the world is a sick machine breeding a mass of shit...it so is, the world is a fucked up place ...

I agree. My mom has had panic attacks in the past and she can really relate to that song. And it does describe the world pretty well.
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 21st, 2006 at 06:03pm
yeah but when it comes to american idiot too many ppl talk about the releases on the radio. Nobody talks about "Are we the waiting", "Give Me Novacaine", "Extraordinary Girl", "Homecoming (which is weird cuz nobody likes you is featured in more than one song and this is the climax where JOS kills jimmy and goes back to being who he was and leaves the town and goes home. And if JOS was popular then why is this song overlooked so badly?) and of course whatsername and since she is a character in the story she and her songs should be less overlooked. And its such a great song and an awesome way to end the cd where it starts off slow and picks up powerfully near the end and slows back down at the end of the cd. And just about every song on insomniac is overlooked (except for geekstinkbreath of course) and so is a lot of dookie, nimrod, and warning songs! And those are g-day's biggest albums! Next to american idiot...but kerplunk and smooth are the ones that were overlooked the most. But now days even the american idiot title track is overlooked and its a big radio hit!!! but i think they should play a whole lot more green day stuff other than holiday, BOBD, WMUWSE and GR (TOYL) ps: just in case if anyone cares i have gotten three of my friends into green day. one of them is a hardcore green day fan that likes em all but the other 2 only listen to wake me up when september ends which is way to overplayed and overrated. its one of my favs but still green day has a lot of good stuff other than that song!
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 21st, 2006 at 06:04pm
wow. i think that was the longest message i ever wrote...
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 26th, 2006 at 08:26pm
by the way over the weekend i was listening to green day and decided that around here "basket case" is overlooked. they dont play it at all on the radio!
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
Geek
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
August 26th, 2006 at 09:06pm
yeah. i agree with 1039 and Kerplunk! but then again, they weren`t exactly on major labels, which is understandable as to why they`re rarely on the radio. i think they should play Macy`s Day Parade, because it`s awesome. and Are We the Waiting, which everyone finds boring. also F.O.D. i wish they`d also play Whatsername. i just love that song.
and i also agree with Nimrod and Shenangians being underrated. they are my TWO favorite albums. and they should totally play Espionage!!! that song is hecka awesome.
Chinese_Chicken_Salad
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chinese_Chicken_Salad
August 26th, 2006 at 09:11pm
favorite son is my favorite of all time almost
TreNeurotic
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TreNeurotic
August 26th, 2006 at 09:16pm
Chinese_Chicken_Salad:
favorite son is my favorite of all time almost

It's my favorite song too......I love it.....thank god for limewire so that I could download it.

too bad that this website list's one of the lyrics, the one at the end, as "on a bed you laid" when it's so clearly "on a panty raid"
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 09:35pm
stargazer93:
by the way over the weekend i was listening to green day and decided that around here "basket case" is overlooked. they dont play it at all on the radio!

Really? They play it all the time on some of the local stations...

Shenanigans, Nimrod, and Warning deserve more credit.
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 26th, 2006 at 11:19pm
katie's not grey:
stargazer93:

Really? They play it all the time on some of the local stations...

Shenanigans, Nimrod, and Warning deserve more credit.

i have limewire...
wow cool
thats where i got favorite son
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 26th, 2006 at 11:20pm
and yes those first 2 cds were overlooked
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
August 29th, 2006 at 08:13pm
i think that green day is overlooked...and its their self-titled song!
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 30th, 2006 at 11:29am
No One Knows.
Panic Song. (Basically everything that wasn't a single realese from Insomniac.)
And Shenanigans. Sure, they were b-sides but I think it's definitely their best album.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 30th, 2006 at 11:31am
Oh, and Walking Alone. And Paper Lanterns.
YoureSoCool
Geek
YoureSoCool
August 30th, 2006 at 05:39pm
what annoys the hell out of me is how radio's never play anything older than american idiot. what ever happened to basket case on the radio? or good riddance was a big track. why dont they play that anymore? when i come around too. i might request an old song on radio 1 one time and see if they play it. OMFG!!! i just remembered.anyone who reads this who lives in england will understand: all local radio stations i swear have the same playlist on repeat. over and over and over and over and over and over...well you get the picture. well i sent an email to my local radio station and they said well it doesnt matter but then i replied saying how they should play a few more rock anthems cause everyone likes a bit of rock and he replied saying: ill keep that in mind..... i mean wtf?!!! Punch fucking retard...... Doh
Michael Guy Chislett
Jackass
Michael Guy Chislett

Mibba Blog
August 30th, 2006 at 05:45pm
I <3 Espionage and She.
Register