Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
gd'sDiana
Geek
gd'sDiana
September 1st, 2006 at 11:04am
overlooked??? Shenanigans obviously...and many many songs...i mean just because they are not a single doesn't mean that they're bad songs...
SpiderPig
Idiot
SpiderPig
September 2nd, 2006 at 05:59pm
Insomniac and Nimrod no one seams to talk about or recognise.

All B sides and random songs no-one cares about apart from the ones on shenangins.

Such as Shoplifter, Governator, Favourite Son, Closing Time, Life During Wartime etc
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
September 2nd, 2006 at 08:42pm
even dookie has songs like sassafras roots and having a blast and burnout (even though they are all great songs) and american idiot has some too such as give me novacaine, shes a rebel, extraordinary girl, homecoming, and whatsername, and are we the waiting. funny, those are the best songs off the cd. and you know most greatest hits contain overplayed and overrated songs but even green day's greatest hits had some underrated songs like she, maria, poprocks and coke, macy's day parade (which is weird cuz if wmuwse is such a sad song then its obvious that no one has heard this one), redundant(which is really good), nice guys finish last(sort of dookie flavored in a way), JAR, stuck with me, walking contradiction, and welcome to paradise. most people buy the cd for hitchin a ride, gr(toyl), longview, basket case, warnin, and when i come around. and those arent even the best songs. the oldest songs played around here besides idiot stuff are good riddance (time of your life) and when i come around and also when gr(toyl) is over they just call it time of your life. how stupid is that?
the_rejected_castaway
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the_rejected_castaway
September 3rd, 2006 at 08:03am
i would say the songs in warning, and some in nimrod are overlooked
and it just so happens that those are my two favourite albums. XD
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
September 5th, 2006 at 08:46pm
well nimrod isnt as overlooked because of good riddance but if it werent for that song the nit would be cuz the other 5 releases didnt go as well. 1 didnt get a video and 2 didnt even make it onto international superhits and the three songs that did make it (nice guys finish last, redundant, hitchin a ride) still didnt do as well as most green day songs did which is weird cuz those are some of their best songs.
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
September 6th, 2006 at 12:55pm
oooh i love all their old songs and the overlooked seem to be in, my opinion, just as good, if not better Very Happy i espically love Favourite Son and shoplifter
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
September 7th, 2006 at 01:26pm
i have favorite son....it makes me feel special...its overlooked.....should have been on a cd...i think they will probavly make a few more albums and then theyll make another shenanigans featuring songs that werent on those albums such as favorite son...
||:Minority Madness:||
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
||:Minority Madness:||
September 10th, 2006 at 03:08pm
star-gazer93:
i have favorite son....it makes me feel special...its overlooked.....should have been on a cd...i think they will probavly make a few more albums and then theyll make another shenanigans featuring songs that werent on those albums such as favorite son...

I love that song. It's on the Rock Against Bush album (awesome album). Well, that's where I listen to it. I don't know if you can listen to it on the Internet but you probably can.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
September 10th, 2006 at 03:11pm
platypus is underrated. i love that song.

shoplifter is too, and a lot of songs on warning.
ren
Idiot
ren
September 11th, 2006 at 01:00am
Shenanigans; the whole cd never gets the recognization it deserves.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 11th, 2006 at 04:57am
kingforafewdays:
Shenanigans; the whole cd never gets the recognization it deserves.

I dont get why?
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
September 11th, 2006 at 06:53am
I don't really care that most kick ass songs are overlooked because then they would have been overplayed and we'd hate them. I bet you if half of GD's biggest hits weren't hits we'd be complaining they're kick ass and should have been and if the overlooked songs were hits we'd say they suck. xD

But I reckon Stuart and the avenue is overlooked. It's a kick ass song and so many people can/could relate to it.
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
September 11th, 2006 at 12:39pm
P¤iSon L¤Ve:
oooh i love all their old songs and the overlooked seem to be in, my opinion, just as good, if not better Very Happy i espically love Favourite Son and shoplifter
Two really great songs. I also think "Life During Wartime" is great, although I think that might have been Pinhead Gunpowder.

The lyrics are great, more great than a song like American Idiot or Holiday I would say.
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
September 15th, 2006 at 09:04pm
well the site was created so people could discuss songs that dont get recognition like for example: people are always mentioning american idiot and jesus of suburbia and wmuwse and stuff like that. well this is a thread to discuss the songs that didnt make it to radio!
cigarettesandvalentines
Geek
cigarettesandvalentines

Mibba
September 15th, 2006 at 09:07pm
i really liked Shenanigans. definately not enough deserved attention. and off American Idiot, my favorite songs are album cuts, not singles. but that tends to be the norm for me
Bobbastard
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bobbastard
September 18th, 2006 at 10:10am
a "rare version on kerplunk" its hardly bloody rare when you can buy it from everywhere! the reason they were overlooked is because they were on a different label and they wernt that big when they released kerplunk. Insomniac as an album is overlooked alot. and is one of their best albums
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
September 20th, 2006 at 07:43pm
POOP!!!
Vampiric Acid
Idiot
Vampiric Acid
September 20th, 2006 at 11:32pm
i think the song Jinx is overlooked...
i love it...
its my nickname and my cats name cause i love it so much...
but there are many overlooked songs...
Basket Case BJ
Geek
Basket Case BJ

Mibba
September 23rd, 2006 at 01:45pm
Bobbastard:
a "rare version on kerplunk" its hardly bloody rare when you can buy it from everywhere! the reason they were overlooked is because they were on a different label and they wernt that big when they released kerplunk. Insomniac as an album is overlooked alot. and is one of their best albums
Insomniac is definitly overlooked. That album rocks
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
September 23rd, 2006 at 02:29pm
Shennanigans. Totally.
Register