Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
x-Billie and Adie-x
Geek
x-Billie and Adie-x
November 25th, 2006 at 11:05am
there are quite a few i think that 39 smooth and kurplunk and Shenanigans get over looked and songs like letterbomb,deadbeat holiday, Fashion Victim and pretty much all the songs that arent chosen to be released as singles
wish_i_was_adie
Jackass
wish_i_was_adie

Mibba
November 25th, 2006 at 12:35pm
I feel as though a lot of Insomniac and Nimrod are overlooked, excluding the singles. There are amazing somngs on those albums. I also find "One For The Razorbacks" is pretty overlooked; it's a simple song but it's a great one
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
November 25th, 2006 at 12:39pm
Insomniac and Shenanigans
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
November 26th, 2006 at 12:24am
Ha Ha You're Dead is a totally overlooked song. It should be a sweet concert song too. Never seen it live before.
*heart*hand*grenade*
Geek
*heart*hand*grenade*
December 5th, 2006 at 10:25pm
Maiku's Requiem:
Any album other then Dookie and AI.
Tell someone you like Green Day and they'll say "AI sucks" but then they'll say "but Dookie's good." Yeah, what about the 6 albums that came before and btween those 2 Confused apparently you can only judge a band based on thier recent album and bigest one.

Fuck yeah, all the people I know either know AI or Dookie, and they think AIs okay but love Dookie. I'm like hellooooooo, ever listen to NImrod (besides good riddance)?? Psssh. Assholes
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 10:32pm
I guess it doesnt really bother me when people don't like Green Day's albums, all I care about is when people are blatantly insulting them, with no reason for their disliking, other than "this sucks monkey penis"
I'm A Fruity Pirate!
Geek
I'm A Fruity Pirate!

Blog
December 15th, 2006 at 04:16pm
Shennanigans got to be the most overlooked album. You mention that to someone and they give the "What the hell?!" look.

Most of their songs are overlooked. Few people, but real fans know like The Judge's Girl, Do Da Da, and Sweet Children. It's frustrating. You say Green Day and people shoot you down because AI is overplayed.
Ole![MothaFucka]
Geek
Ole![MothaFucka]

Blog
December 15th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Let's jsut put it this way.
"1036 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours."
"What the FUCK is that supposed to mean!?"

Nuff said.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 17th, 2006 at 01:29am
i would say that the most overlooked albums by the music world were/are Insomniac and Warning.

The most overlooked album by the majority of Green Day fans scared to sound like a teenie or "new" fan would be American Idiot.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
December 17th, 2006 at 04:25pm
Ole![MothaFucka]:
Let's jsut put it this way.
"1036 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours."
"What the FUCK is that supposed to mean!?"

Nuff said.

First of all, it is 1039
.. and the titles comes from the EP's that they released

1000 hours ep
39/smooth
Slappy ep

The 39 was the age of Billie Joe's brother Allen when they relesed it and it was being released on his birthday so he suggested that, Mike wanted the name smooth so they just put it together.

Slappy was the name of someones dog

Ok, I think that Warning tends to be overlooked, it is one of my fav albums and as for song? I have no idea
Barbie World
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Barbie World
December 17th, 2006 at 04:40pm
none of them
the resistance.
the resistance.

Mibba
December 17th, 2006 at 04:41pm
I think Shenanigans is too overlooked.

It's pretty much my favorite cd or theirs, and I know some don't even consider it to be one...
Having_a_Blast_02
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Having_a_Blast_02
December 19th, 2006 at 04:23pm
I LOVE Shenanigans! Insomniac is somewhat overlooked but is mentioned time to time
Uzumaki Naruto
Geek
Uzumaki Naruto
December 19th, 2006 at 04:29pm
agreed,the critic didn't saw Shenanigans with right eyes.
in fact,they began to see them well since Warning.
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
January 20th, 2007 at 10:30am
Anything on 1039/SOSH and Kerplunk! Songs like Haushinka and Bab's Uvula Who? and J.A.R. are badly overlooked. With a band like Green Day, it's easy to overlook their best pieces and just play their singles, but I disagree.
Bass_Babe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bass_Babe
January 26th, 2007 at 10:08pm
One of my favorite songs of their's is Don't Wanna Fall in Love. But for some reason nobody else really seems to listen to it. I mean, I know it's a short song but so what. It's good. Anbody else out there like it?
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
January 27th, 2007 at 03:29pm
haha you're dead
MusicalDeviant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
MusicalDeviant
February 1st, 2007 at 12:39am
favorite son is overlooked...as is scattered. Warning doesn't get the credit it deserves.
Green Day!
Geek
Green Day!
February 1st, 2007 at 08:00am
lettwrbomb's a pretty cool song..i dont think its reli noticed....n i dont think st jimmy is 2...
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 1st, 2007 at 10:02am
Just Nod & Smile:
Shennanigans got to be the most overlooked album. You mention that to someone and they give the "What the hell?!" look.

Most of their songs are overlooked. Few people, but real fans know like The Judge's Girl, Do Da Da, and Sweet Children. It's frustrating. You say Green Day and people shoot you down because AI is overplayed.
lol sup real fan.
Register