Stone Sour

AuthorMessage
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 26th, 2006 at 04:58pm
Image Image
Image Image

The band was originally formed in 1992 by Corey Taylor and drummer Joel Ekman. The band name was from the cocktail which is one part whiskey and a splash of orange juice and sour mix. Taylor's long time friend, Shawn Economaki, joined shortly after filling in as the bass player. In 1995, James Root joined the band. The band disbanded when Taylor left in 1997 to join Slipknot. Root also joined Slipknot one year later. Economaki went on to be the stage manager for Slipknot and Ekman formed a family. The band was thought to be over.

But, in 2000, Josh Rand approached Taylor with songs he had been working on. Then, they worked together for a year and a half writing songs. The band reformed in 2002 with the original line up and they recorded their self-titled first album in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Slipknot DJ Sid Wilson appears as a guest for the album to add some disc scratching. Also, the band released the song "Bother" for the Spider Man soundtrack (credited only to Taylor) while recording the album.

The band went back into the studio in January of 2006 to begin work on the follow-up to the first record, which will hit shelves on July 31st in the UK and August 1st in the US . The title of the record is "Come What(ever) May", and will include 12 new tracks. According to a report in Rock Review, there will be a track where Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed collaborates with the band.

Unfortunately, 2 weeks into the recording of the drum tracks, Joel had to leave the project due to his son being very ill. It was decided by the band that Roy Mayorga would finish the drum tracks.

As of March 25th, Joel Ekman is officially no longer Stone Sour's drummer. On May 10th, they announced that Mayorga is the new official drummer for the band.

Stone Sour finished recording 16 tracks for their upcoming album, "Come What(ever) May", on April 4th. Mixing began on April 10, handled by Randy Staub (Metallica, Hatebreed).

Current Members
Corey Taylor - Vocals
James Root - Guitar
Josh Rand - Guitar
Shawn Economaki - Bass
Roy Mayorga - Drums

Former Members
Joel Ekman - Drums
Bruce Swink - Guitar
B J - Guitar
Josh Rilying - Guitar
Denny Harvey - Guitar
Danny Spain - Drums
Weeter Kane - Guitar
Marty Smith - Guitar
Jimmy (last name unknown) - Guitar

OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.stonesour.com

I'm a really big fan of the band. They really kick ass and are great live too. Cool What do you guys think?
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
July 26th, 2006 at 07:25pm

Stone Sour?
Love them. Smile
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
July 26th, 2006 at 08:34pm
that song err through the glass or something is pretty good. at first i hated it but then it grew on me.
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
July 27th, 2006 at 06:19am
I love Cool
It's less heavy than SlipKnot, more . . . different o_O
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
July 27th, 2006 at 06:34am
Seen them, they're great.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 06:46am
Hell yea Corey fit in great with their sound also. And he brought the acoustic thingy into slipknot which is always cool. Cool. Bother is the best song i heard from them...can't wait for the new album. I'll get it soon Smile
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 27th, 2006 at 06:53am
STONE SOUR!

"You don't need to bother. I don't need to be. I'll keep slipping further, but once I hold on, I'll never let go till it bleeds".

Absolutly love them.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 09:44am
I was really really amazed when i heard bother the first time. I tmade me a fan instantly. Then i listened to the rest of the stuff and it rocked too. Cool
Weird it's the same way i got into slipknot, i heard a slower song and then checked out the rest. Yay
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
July 27th, 2006 at 10:25am
When I first heard Bother, I was like damn Limewire this can't be a Corey Taylor band xDD
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 10:35am
Shocked i got is off limewire too at first...lmfao. But i bought the album soon after, bless them.
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
July 27th, 2006 at 11:43am
I love Inhale Surprised
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 27th, 2006 at 11:53am
My fav song changes all the time but now it's definately bother cause it's great to hear it whan you're down. Sad Damn i miss a certain someone. *sigh*
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
July 27th, 2006 at 11:54am
I love Stone Sour. I love their song "Bother".
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
July 27th, 2006 at 12:11pm
seen them. theyre okay. and anyone who says they are a slipknot side-project is a liar because technically slipknot is the side-project because stone sour were around before them.
ChiefShoesUntied
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ChiefShoesUntied
July 27th, 2006 at 01:05pm
GreenDay420:
that song err through the glass or something is pretty good. at first i hated it but then it grew on me.

ditto.
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
July 27th, 2006 at 01:10pm
Queen Goth Chick:
I love Stone Sour. I love their song "INHALE".

Me too.
radioactive
Geek
radioactive

Mibba
July 27th, 2006 at 10:03pm
the first song i ever heard by stone sour was through glass..i liked it so i went and listened to some more of thier stuff on limewire..and i was all FUCK YES i heard of them before i heard through glass cuz my uncle never stopped talking about them...now i know why...cuz thier awsome like that =]

i love the song 3030 150 and bothers cool to i cant pick a favrit...thats why im not gonna try XD
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 28th, 2006 at 06:42am
Pastor of Muppets:
seen them. theyre okay. and anyone who says they are a slipknot side-project is a liar because technically slipknot is the side-project because stone sour were around before them.

Yeah, I know, I've always thought of it in a similar way, but, technically, even though Stone Sour was around before Slipknot, they like, ended Stone Sour when Corey first joined Slipknot, and only started it up again when Corey called around, and was all "Hey, lets start the band up again, yo".

Or something like that. Except I may be wrong. Correct me if so.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 28th, 2006 at 08:50am
Yes in fact you're correct but it's still a side project since when corey left Stone sour they kinda dropped out of the spotlight. When they took a break from slipknot he had time to approach it again...so it IS a side project, it doesnt matter it's *older* than slipknot.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 29th, 2006 at 06:02am
Combining the best in anime and music.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pv2wo_z2-sQ Cool
Register