Emotional Abuse From Parents

AuthorMessage
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
August 12th, 2006 at 02:03pm
smacking your child is not illeagel, but beating them is, i have tapped my childs hand when they have been crawling on the floor and went to put they're hand in the fire that is ok, but however no one should be beating for anything it doesnt matter what you have done, and calling your child names is somtimes worse than hitting them, i may joke with my kids and call them dumbasses and they call me slapper but thats meant in fun

In my opinion, no parent has the right to abuse their child because they're still human beings. However, if a parent wants to teach their kid a lesson, I think it's okay to smack them or spank them. I got spanked as a kid, and I'm probably better off for it. It teaches kids not to do it again, it makes most of them really listen. When I drew on the walls when I was little, my dad spanked me, and he never caught me doing it again. And some people think like spanking their kids is abuse, but I really don't, like I said, I got spanked when I was a kid, and I'm perfectly fine. It's not like they beat me until I had bruises all over, or punched me. I think Some kids that grow up to be criminals and stuff could be like that partly because their parents didn't give them enough discipline.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 10:38pm
Coff:
I really think that there is other ways of diciplining a child, or any person, without attacking them.

What did you do to get this, if I may ask?
Me?

Uh, lots of things...

See, I'ver never been a good liar, so that's part of most of the stuff. But Once I didn't do too well on a test, that's when I got locked in my room. I am preeeety ugly, so I get a lot of piss taken out of me for that, I used to have really bad acne too. Just, disobedience and not trying hard enough for my parents really. I deserved it. Meh.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 13th, 2006 at 03:03am
Anji:
Coff:
I really think that there is other ways of diciplining a child, or any person, without attacking them.

Me?

Uh, lots of things...

See, I'ver never been a good liar, so that's part of most of the stuff. But Once I didn't do too well on a test, that's when I got locked in my room. I am preeeety ugly, so I get a lot of piss taken out of me for that, I used to have really bad acne too. Just, disobedience and not trying hard enough for my parents really. I deserved it. Meh.

no you never, no one deserves that, and we all think we're ugly from time to time.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 13th, 2006 at 08:58am
Lucifers Angel:
Anji:
Coff:

Me?

Uh, lots of things...

no you never, no one deserves that, and we all think we're ugly from time to time.
Of course I did. I deserved every bit of it! And they don't even know about the stuff I've gotten away with! I'm not just talking about basic disobedience like speaking out of turn and stuff, but breaking laws even. I deserved it. Better than going to jail for the night.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 14th, 2006 at 12:57am
Anji:
Lucifers Angel:
Anji:
Coff:

Me?

Uh, lots of things...

Of course I did. I deserved every bit of it! And they don't even know about the stuff I've gotten away with! I'm not just talking about basic disobedience like speaking out of turn and stuff, but breaking laws even. I deserved it. Better than going to jail for the night.

*sigh* Listen, I know what you think and I understand how you would feel that. But you need to listen to me, your parents aren't being fair about this. They may say, and you may say that it's teaching you a lesson, but simple grounding techniques will work just the same as what you've gone through. That's really harsh of your parents of doing that. They may love you, but if they truely love you, they would try to do everything in their will not to hurt you.

Bad grades on a test shouldn't result in being locked in a room. There are countless other ways to deal with this without resulting to that. My grades are going up only with a small lecture from my parents.

I guess it's something for the parents to decide, but all I'm saying is that the way they're treating you is not right, and could very well be punishable. I also think you should call authorities about it since it's child endangerment. But alas, no one could force you, it's all on your will. I really wish you would though, hun. *hug*
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2006 at 03:35am
dysLEXIa:
*sigh* Listen, I know what you think and I understand how you would feel that. But you need to listen to me, your parents aren't being fair about this. They may say, and you may say that it's teaching you a lesson, but simple grounding techniques will work just the same as what you've gone through. That's really harsh of your parents of doing that. They may love you, but if they truely love you, they would try to do everything in their will not to hurt you.

Bad grades on a test shouldn't result in being locked in a room. There are countless other ways to deal with this without resulting to that. My grades are going up only with a small lecture from my parents.

I guess it's something for the parents to decide, but all I'm saying is that the way they're treating you is not right, and could very well be punishable. I also think you should call authorities about it since it's child endangerment. But alas, no one could force you, it's all on your will. I really wish you would though, hun. *hug*
Oi, listen kido, first off, this isn't your place, OK.

Second, they do ground me, or at least they did. It didn't work. I'm not one who falls for grounding. And I know that even if they blew me up into incy wincy pieses and boiled those pieces in an Anji soup, they'd still love me cause they've done everything for me in my life.

Third, lecturing me won't work either. Lectures from teachers, parents, bosses, they don't work on me. I was a crazy disobedient child. I never ever listened to anyone but myself...occasionly, and you know what? Everything they've ever done worked a lot better. I went from 82% to 97% in maths for IGCSE. Trust me, you don't know me, and different parents with different children will dicipline them in the means they see fit. In my case, hitting me worked. Hell, it works when I do it to myself.

And it's not punishable where I live anyway. It's much too late for me to stop what happed if I wanted to. Authorities can't do anything about it, especially here. I don't live with my parents anymore anyways. Rolling Eyes

Clearly a girl like you will pay attention to your parents if they lecture a bit and tell you that they're worried about your grades or whatever. Anyways, it isn't just about grades for me. I do pretty well in school. But, I used to go out a lot when I was young if you know what I mean. And I'd get involved with things at a very young age. Sometimes I would go back home for quite a few days. I think I deserved quite a bit, quite a lot of a bit more than just a lecture, really. See because my parents and I are very communitive, we express our feelings in a different way, in our case, it's a physical way. Ugh, I could never talk to my parents.
hi billie
Geek
hi billie
August 14th, 2006 at 10:41am
i get this crap from my mom
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 14th, 2006 at 09:40pm
Anji:
dysLEXIa:

Oi, listen kido, first off, this isn't your place, OK.

Second, they do ground me, or at least they did. It didn't work. I'm not one who falls for grounding. And I know that even if they blew me up into incy wincy pieses and boiled those pieces in an Anji soup, they'd still love me cause they've done everything for me in my life.

Third, lecturing me won't work either. Lectures from teachers, parents, bosses, they don't work on me. I was a crazy disobedient child. I never ever listened to anyone but myself...occasionly, and you know what? Everything they've ever done worked a lot better. I went from 82% to 97% in maths for IGCSE. Trust me, you don't know me, and different parents with different children will dicipline them in the means they see fit. In my case, hitting me worked. Hell, it works when I do it to myself.

And it's not punishable where I live anyway. It's much too late for me to stop what happed if I wanted to. Authorities can't do anything about it, especially here. I don't live with my parents anymore anyways. Rolling Eyes

Clearly a girl like you will pay attention to your parents if they lecture a bit and tell you that they're worried about your grades or whatever. Anyways, it isn't just about grades for me. I do pretty well in school. But, I used to go out a lot when I was young if you know what I mean. And I'd get involved with things at a very young age. Sometimes I would go back home for quite a few days. I think I deserved quite a bit, quite a lot of a bit more than just a lecture, really. See because my parents and I are very communitive, we express our feelings in a different way, in our case, it's a physical way. Ugh, I could never talk to my parents.

Sorry, I didn't know you felt that way. I get what you mean about all of that. I'm just the kind of kid who would constantly got bitched at, yelled at, and called names on a daily basis (still goes on every so often). Whenever I get a lecture, something in me thinks it'll start again, it scares me into doing what they want practically. Parents do have other ways of punishment, apparently they did something else towards you. In your opinion, it worked, and good for you, but I still think other things could have been done. *shrug*
gasp.
Geek
gasp.

Mibba
August 15th, 2006 at 01:00am
my parents have both said i will never amount to anything good because Im not very smart. I have always wanted to travel around the world and be a journalist or hope my band gets big. but i cant when my parents say bad stuff about me. I have been called many names from dog to slut from my parents. why cant they just wish that whatever you want happends like other parents
Press Darling
Geek
Press Darling

Mibba
August 15th, 2006 at 02:59pm
i suffer a lot of emotional abuse, mostly from my grandmom. but just recently my mom and sister decided to join in on the fun. they disagree with everything i do, every person i talk to, every boy i date, it's just unbearable sometimes. my grandmom enjoys calling me just about every name in the book, but she like devil child the most. my mom likes to call me a freak and a weirdo, and my sister likes to call me devil worshiper.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 15th, 2006 at 04:14pm
Tre-Rox:
my parents have both said i will never amount to anything good because Im not very smart. I have always wanted to travel around the world and be a journalist or hope my band gets big. but i cant when my parents say bad stuff about me. I have been called many names from dog to slut from my parents. why cant they just wish that whatever you want happends like other parents

you can do whatever you put your mind to, study hard and listen and you can do what you want.
Hilda the Hag
Geek
Hilda the Hag
August 18th, 2006 at 09:56pm
my mom has kinda quit lately for some reason...but when i was in 7th we had alot of spats and one night she got really pissed anchased me up to the tack room and i locked myself in.but she scared me out and i ran back to curl up on my bed...she walked down and hit me on the head with the ever-so-offensive mathboook.in the back of my mind,i've been teriffied of her since.she used to pick on me for being "fat" and was always telling me i needed to lose weight,until i was paranoid.then she was satisfied.
i was always a good kid-to the point of being a kiss up-so i don't know why she's so hard on me.

happy i now excape with billie joe and the guys and rebel.or rather,i eat all i want! i just don't care anymore.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2006 at 10:13pm
My mother is a peculair person. She used to be okay, so I thought. But looking back, she had me under her thumb since I was small. I realised, because ever since I've been five, I felt she didn;t love me and since I was eight I had sucidal thoughts. She used peculiar techniques, like concentrating on my area I was cleaning, watching me like a hawk, it made me nervous as hell but the worst would happen if I lost something. She would yell at me and call me awful names and would send me on pointless journeys trying to find it. As I've got older, I grew more confident and my mother grew more cold and started isolating me from family activites. Recently, after wanting to come on the computer, she started yelling at me and hitting me. I'm 16 and she's going to throw me out...

is that normal?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
August 19th, 2006 at 12:12am
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
My mother is a peculair person. She used to be okay, so I thought. But looking back, she had me under her thumb since I was small. I realised, because ever since I've been five, I felt she didn;t love me and since I was eight I had sucidal thoughts. She used peculiar techniques, like concentrating on my area I was cleaning, watching me like a hawk, it made me nervous as hell but the worst would happen if I lost something. She would yell at me and call me awful names and would send me on pointless journeys trying to find it. As I've got older, I grew more confident and my mother grew more cold and started isolating me from family activites. Recently, after wanting to come on the computer, she started yelling at me and hitting me. I'm 16 and she's going to throw me out...

is that normal?
No...That is not normal.
In fact I have a case of my own, which I still recieve to this day from most all of my family.
For example, all my life my mother has mistreated me, much the same as yours, and it has only gotten worse as the years progress. I have even found a journal of her recording how worthless I was through the years, along with a friend of hers who said equally bad things of her daughter.
It hurt me so bad to read it. I have felt as though she didnt love me since I was 5, which also later ended up producing suicidal thoughts and attempts at the age of 12.
What's even worse is that through the years, she won't even look at me without a sneer or a scowl. She's told me repeated times she hates me, and wishes I was never born. She has even actually gotten to the point to where she hits me when something doesn't go her way, and actually tried to beat the crap out of me.
I'm 19, and she says whenever I tell anyone she has hit me, that "It was just a swat, or a spanking."
There are no simple "swats" or "spankings" after age 18.

So to answer your question, neither of our mothers are normal.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
August 19th, 2006 at 10:11pm
[Steph]Angel Of My Dreams:
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:

is that normal?
No...That is not normal.
In fact I have a case of my own, which I still recieve to this day from most all of my family.
For example, all my life my mother has mistreated me, much the same as yours, and it has only gotten worse as the years progress. I have even found a journal of her recording how worthless I was through the years, along with a friend of hers who said equally bad things of her daughter.
It hurt me so bad to read it. I have felt as though she didnt love me since I was 5, which also later ended up producing suicidal thoughts and attempts at the age of 12.
What's even worse is that through the years, she won't even look at me without a sneer or a scowl. She's told me repeated times she hates me, and wishes I was never born. She has even actually gotten to the point to where she hits me when something doesn't go her way, and actually tried to beat the crap out of me.
I'm 19, and she says whenever I tell anyone she has hit me, that "It was just a swat, or a spanking."
There are no simple "swats" or "spankings" after age 18.

So to answer your question, neither of our mothers are normal.
Thought so.. Hug
Veira
Jackass
Veira
August 20th, 2006 at 01:54am
There's organizations and clinics that can help you and your family with this kind of shit. There are hotlines you can call (annonymously) and even programs at school that focus on this subject.

You should take advantage of it; when I was growing up, these kinds of things weren't as easily accessable as they are now.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2006 at 02:12am
Lucifers Angel:
i found this and i was disgusted, i cant believe that anyone is this evil.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=911

just look at the things they have got to punish children and to beat satan out of them.

Wow.

I THINK that is the single, most blatantly immoral bit I have ever layed my eyes on.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 10:41pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Lucifers Angel:
i found this and i was disgusted, i cant believe that anyone is this evil.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=911

just look at the things they have got to punish children and to beat satan out of them.

Wow.

I THINK that is the single, most blatantly immoral bit I have ever layed my eyes on.

thats horrable! you cant "beat evil" out of someone!
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 26th, 2006 at 11:14pm
That's horrible!! My jaw has been open since reading that. It's people like that which make me ashamed to even be a Christian at times. Jeebus.

I read through random threads on that board...ugh..those people are DISGUSTING! "god doesn't love all of his children, either that or he shows it in an odd way" FROM A PASTOR! Goddamn I'm disgusted.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
August 26th, 2006 at 11:24pm
dysLEXIa:
That's horrible!! My jaw has been open since reading that. It's people like that which make me ashamed to even be a Christian at times. Jeebus.

I read through random threads on that board...ugh..those people are DISGUSTING! "god doesn't love all of his children, either that or he shows it in an odd way" FROM A PASTOR! Goddamn I'm disgusted.
I read one post on there that totally pissed me off.
"If your child isn't cowering in a corner, missing a few teeth, you're not a good parent."

What.
The.
Hell.

Have you any idea how wrong and sick that is?
I mean, to abuse a child emotionally, or physically, deserves some serious jail time and therapy.

How are you gonna go and get joy out of hurting your own flesh and blood?
To abuse a child, no matter what the circumstance, is wrong. But to "beat the devil" out of them? I'm apalled.
Register